Chapter 12

Memories

- Luhan POV -
“Who are you?”

They said right to each other. After 2 years together, they were separated a week, and they can’t recognize each other.

“(y/n) come on you don’t remember him?” Chanyeol said in unbelief.

“Baek you don’t remember her?” Chen said.

“You guys, if this is a joke. Is not funny?” Kris said upset.

“I’m sorry but who are you.” She says as she looks up at Sehun. “Kyungsoo I’m scared? Where am I oppa?”

Sehun in shock puts her down and Kyungsoo comes to her side. “(y/n)-ah you don’t remember Sehun or Baekhyun?”

“No I am I suppose to?” She responded innocently.

“Who do you remember?” Tao asks.

“Umm Kyungsoo oppa, oh and Yixing you’re here!” She smiled when she spotted Lay.

“Noona!” Her brothers said as they come into the room.

“Sunggyu and Sungwoo!” She smiled.

In the mist of all of this Baek’s mother was whispering in his ear. I couldn’t tell what she was saying but I had a bad feeling about this.

A nurse came for (y/n) and they took tests on both of them.

“It looks like the seizure they had messed up their connections.”

“Will they ever come back?”

“That’s unsure. We can only hope. We have to wait and see.”

When she came back we were hesitant to enter. She saw us at the for and smiled

“Sehunnie! Did Kai come too?” She said looking right at Sehun.

That bubble tea pabo smiled widely as he went to her. Kai also ran to her with joy.

“You scared me! I thought you forgot me.”
“Yeah who would get me bubble tea at 2 in the morning?”

“How did you remember them?” Kyungsoo asked.

“I don’t know because this morning I couldn’t remember them but when I had some of this” she holds up Sehun’s favorite bubble tea “I remembered him.”

“THE MAGIC HEALING POWERS OF BUBBLE TEA!” Sehun sings.

Meanwhile at Baekhyun’s. His mother had left to sign him out of the hospital.

“Hey Baek. How are you?”
“I’m fine. Hyung are the things my mom said about her true?”
“What did she say? Did she say that girl was amazing, kind, caring, sweet, loving, a gaint dork who likes to lip-sync and dance and some bigger dork films her. That she likes to complain about your usual bedroom habits?”
“Um no she said the opposite.”
“Of course she did. Listen to me Baek. Don’t listen to your mother. She is telling you lies. That girl is your girlfriend.”

He blinked but it looked like he didn’t fully understand the situation. Then his mother came to take him home.

I went back to her room. She was holding Sehun and Tao’s hand. When I entered she smiled widely.

“LuLu~~~ you’re here!” I smiled and walked toward her.

“It looks like she remembering us by how she meet us. Lay, me, Sehun, Kai, you, surprising Tao, and next will be Kris then Minseok, Chen, Chanyeol, Suho, and lastly Baekhyun.” Kyungsoo said.

“Hyung you have seen when she remembered Tao ‘Me? OMG! Me! She remembered me next!'” Sehun mimcked Tao.

“But I don’t remember meeting her.”

“Excuse me!” Minseok said as he pushed us out of the way. “Drink this.”

She gladly took the cup and took a sip. She smiled “mmm this is yummy. Thank you Baozi”

“Haha she remembers me!”
“Hyung how did you know it would work?”
“Yah! You made her skip me! Now who knows she’ll ever remember me!”
“How can I ever forget my sassy Kris” she said as she grabbed onto his arm.

“Wow! I need to get her something!”
“Visiting time is over.”
“What but Baekhyun gets to be discharged.”
“Hmm your right she can be discharged too. Hold let me Get the papers”

“So is she going to stay at her house or what?” Chen asked.
“Do you want to stay at your house? Are you sure you can handle it.”
“Oppa I’m not a little kid.”
“That’s right she can stay at her house. But call us if you don’t feel good.”
“Yes Suho oppa.”

On the drive home, “hey that means I’m next” Chen chimmed as he sat next to her.

“You should leave her alone. We don’t want to be overwhelmed with her memories.” Kyungsoo said.

“Easy for you to say, she already remembers you.”

“Don’t you remember me?” “Or me?” Chen and Chanyeol pestered her.

When we got to the door she smiled. Then she fainted, luckily I was behind her to catch her. I carried her to the couch.

“See we told you! Couldn’t you wait!” Kris said as he went to get a blanket.

“Oh (y/n) I’m sorry” Chanyeol and Chen cried by her side.

She woke up again an hour later. We were eating dinner when she walked into the dinning room.

“Heyy, how are you?” I calmly said.
“Oppa can I have chicken too.” She said while rubbing her eyes.
“Do you remember us?” Suho tenderly said.
“Yeah, that’s Luhan, Minseok, Yixing, Kris, Tao, Kyungsoo, Kai, Sehun, and you’re Joonmyeon. I don’t recognize the rest.”

Her calling out names gave a relief when our name was called but relief never came to Chen and Chanyeol.

As she sat between Sehun and me, Kai gave her a large plate of chicken and a can of soda.

Chen and Chanyeol got up from the table and went to check on Baekhyun. Baekhyun had a better memory, he didn’t forget us but he forgot the most important person in his life.

Everyone left except Sehun and I. We wanted to watch over her just in case something happened.

We watched some random movie on TV and we fell asleep on the couch.

- Baekhyun POV -
I was in my parents house. My room felt empty. There was a photo album but there was only pictures of my friends and family. That girl from the hospital wasn’t in a single picture.

Could she really be my girlfriend?

“Hey Baek!” ChanyeolI said as he jumped on my bed.
“Hey Chanyeol. What are you guys doing here. Where are the guys?”

“They are with your girlfriend. We left because she didn’t remember us.”

“I have a girlfriend?” I questioned.

“Yeah and she is amazing! You have a lot of pictures of her all over your…. room…” He say as a look around to see no track of her.

“Here. Your phone fell when you got hit back there. There should be pictures there.”

I got my phone back from Chen. I look at the lock screen. It was her. She was sending hearts from a distance. I couldn’t get past the lock screen since I didn’t remember the password.

“Seriously Hyung? You don’t remember it!” They both said to me.

“Aigoo. Well at least you remember us. Why are you here can’t you go home?”

“This isn’t my house?”

“It is but it’s your parents’s house, you live with us since we’re roomies!”

“Maybe I’ll remember more if I go there.”

We got out the door, but first we were attacked by my mother. She didn’t want me to go but I was an adult I could do whatever I wanted. She let us go.

Back at our house. My room was covered with pictures of her. She even had some of her clothes in my closet.

Maybe she was my girlfriend, but why couldn’t I remember her. Her face was familiar, but something didn’t seem right.

I went to sleep wondering.

* you and Baekhyun thinking at the same time *
Who is that person and why can’t I remember them? Why is that person so important to me?