Their Setback

Night and Day

--Toronto, Canada

Observation Room

 

There was crimson on chrome. It speckled the furniture of lustrous grey, the tiles of white, making its own polka dot design in time for fashion week.

Her body had rejected the gene and imploded, caving in from the inside. Blood had solidified and crusted over, lingering on her lips. Gina Choi. Her insides had needed an exit and fit the occasion. Her now bruised esophagus had served as the escape route for the red liquid which had given her life. Like a miniature fountain, it spurted out of her... abandoned her, and it took her life with it. Her glazed eyes reflected the two figures before her; the slightly white film returning the light rays for the retina no longer accepted them. The dead did not need to see.

 

 

JongIn's P.O.V

I slung my arm around his shoulder, attempting to give him emotional support with physical contact. I understood the bind the Nochelas family was in. We were going to have a fair battle of persuasion in order to see who would secure the blooming human company. However, their organization had recently fallen in number, which put them at a disadvantage in the upcoming merger. 

"It's a pity. I was willing to let you win this game of rock-paper-scissors," I admitted as we stood before the lifeless organism. As hybrids were unspecialized and could belong to either organization, we decided their side with a game of chance.

He smiled slightly. "Let me win? Or are you just making excuses for your genuine loss in advance?" He chuckled.

"Yah! Suho! What are you even insinuating?" I feigned disbelief and irritation for it made him laugh with mirth.

I grew a claw on the index finger of my free hand before poking him with it harshly.

He muttered a profanity. I laughed.

 

"When will you be leaving?" I questioned.

"I'll meet you after a few days. Perhaps in five, or a week. It depends on when father gets replacements. I have to serve as a substitute in the technological department."

A nod was sufficient for letting him know I understood. "I'll see you then, then."

"I guess so, so," he mocked, repeating the last words as I had.

I bared my tongue, scurrying away before he could get to me.

 

"Haha Take that!" I thought, for I knew he hated it when men acted cutely.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hi there! I had an opportunity to update before Monday... of course I seized it xD May I say thank you once more to all the readers, subscribers and those who commented? 22 Subscribers?! I appreciate it~~~ Love you guys :')

I FINALLY introduced some other characters today: JongIn and Suho baby! LOL So as you can see, the younger generation are actually friends, it's just the elders which are stuck in their little competitive rivalry against each other. As the heads, they drag everyone along. They are basically siblings who are eternally competing against each other, with occasional cases of petty jealousy LMAO. What's better than these antiques acting like toddlers? xD

Please let me know if you liked it~ 

--Much love, SasukeSasuke 

June 28, 2014