Round III

Night and Day

Seoul, Korea

--Hyuna's POV

 

Slowly opening my eyes, I woke up just as delighted as I had went to bed. 'Today's the day I start working at CroAn,' I thought. A small giggle escaped.. I just couldn't contain my excitement. I turned my head to the left, looking at the uniform Hyomin had hung up for me. Against the burgundy curtains, the white dress shirt seemed to shine, while the black pants appeared to camouflage with the dark drapes.

The best part was the shoes. The single pair of black converse sat expectantly, waiting to give my feet comfort during the long hours I would surely spend at the lab. I didn't want them to wait long. I sat upwards quickly, ready to enter the bathroom and start my preparations. That's right, I was hurrying for my shoes. It's not because I want to reach the lab extra early or anything, pshhh, for my shoes.

I shouldn't lie to myself. 

I left the embrace of the cool white sheets, somewhat reluctantly. I swore this hotel had the softest beds known to man. I liked it here. I entered the shower, eager to cleanse myself. The warm water seemed to caress my skin, soothing my soul. After lathering, I allowed it to run over me undisturbed as I was immersed in my thoughts. I wondered how quickly I would adapt to this, I wondered how much my colleagues would like me, I wondered how happy my mom would be. My mom...

I failed to realize I could not be with her much longer. Would I be able to see her or my friends? It's not like I can tell anyone about this. I would never tell, they would never believe, and I would never age.

"Aish.. I need Hyomin," I mumbled. Surely she would give me some guidance. I left the shower for the water no longer brought me peace. I wanted to know if I could at least say goodbye. I decided to watch some television. I had gotten up far too early and regardless of the time I woke up, I still had to wait for Hyomin. I didn't know where the actual CroAn building was. The other was a place of light research and experimentation, and was truly used for its containment rooms.

"Oh my goodness! How could you let him score! Aish!" I exclaimed. Don't judge me... Who doesn't yell during the World Cup?

 

 

 

--One Hour Later

 

There was a faint knock at the door. "Hyomin~" I sang, happy to see her again.

"You got ready quite early," she said. Amazement evident in her clear brown orbs. "I guess you're really eager, huh?" She giggled before adding, "Here's some soup. It's my favourite."

I gasped. "Wonton soup! It's my favorite too. Wait, I can eat this?"

"Of course. Liquids and foods which aren't too solid are edible for us. They may not be as filling though."

"You're not a hybrid?"

She chuckled, "No, I'm not"

We spent much of the time talking about everything, and nothing at all. It was soon time to leave. She must have also been quite wealthy with her car. I suppose she'd had a lot of time to earn money. As we entered her car, I remembered what I wanted to ask her.

"My family," I blurted out. She turned towards me for a brief moment before focusing on the road once more. "Well, will I be able to say goodbye to my family? How do I live while not seeing them, yet knowing they're alive? My friends?" I poured my questions out in a never ending string of words, before catching my breath.

She sighed. "They've already held your funeral. It was a small fire in one of our other labs. Your body was burnt beyond recognition. That's the story they were told." She glanced at me before proceeding. "You've already said goodbye, remember. That's what the party was for, not for your invitation but for your farewell."

It all made sense. Someone who had 'borrowed' money from my father and had never shown his face again for two years suddenly reappeared with it. He repaid his debt, silently transferring the funds to my dad's account and leaving a note. It was warmly welcomed, of course. We had always been well off, but the sudden acquisition of this money meant that they could afford to give me a party to celebrate my possible admission to CroAn. It was true that I had gotten to see most of my friends and family there.

"So you were the ones who made it possible," I stated, rather than asking. They thought it through well in advance.

"We're heading to Cheongdamdong. Chances of you meeting your family or friends are minimal. You'll be spending most of your time in the underground facility anyway, plus your new home will be with the Nochelas family." She smiled slightly. "You can always check up on them."

I felt somewhat reassured. Honestly, I had barely been seeing anyone due to my constant experimentation and traveling. It had been that way since I was twelve. Thus the party was something I would forever be grateful for. I wondered how they felt though. Our time together was cut short. 

As if understanding my thoughts, Hyomin added, "You'll feel like part of the family before you know it... We're here"

 

 

 

 

Cheongdamdong, Korea

 

It was amazing, to say the least. The lab had everything I could ever hope for, ever dream of. I didn't get to meet many workers though, for I spent much of the day being introduced to the layout of the building and getting familiarized with the equipment. Right now, I am exhausted. 

"His name is Luhan Nochelas"

"Right, a part of the noble family," I stated. At least, that's what the blood had told me.

"Correct. He'll be taking you to your new home," Hyomin replied as we stopped before the great oak door. She gave me a small, reassuring smile before opening the door and ushering me in. I walked in slowly, taking tentative steps before raising my head to look him in the eyes.

"Hello," he said in a low voice, and that's when I felt my body grow cold. Shivers ran down my spine. Then something clicked into place like a puzzle piece and I felt normal once more. He smiled then, a mix of emotions in his eyes. Perhaps happiness and understanding? He seemed to know something I didn't.

"Hello," I weakly replied.

"You're confirmed then. Let's go."

 

--End of Hyuna's POV

 

 

 

 

 

Seoul, Korea

Deokhwa Nochelas' Office

 

 

Hyuna Kim Status Report

Round III: Confirmed

 

He smiled. The family finally had another member. Her confirmation meant that the bond had been made. Many had to be eliminated at this stage. Many had 'natural deaths' because they were not successfully bonded. The  bond meant absolute loyalty and trust, they were incapable of harming their own organization, no one would speak of their existence. This was necessary as complete confidentiality had to be maintained.

A relationship needs trust.

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Thank you once more to all my readers~~ It's a long post today Muahaha Are you happy? ;)

I desperately want to upload my other story, but I'm not free yet. Thank you for being patient though. Love you guys~~ :D

--xoxo, SasukeSasuke

- July 1, 2014 -