Selective? It's How We Thrive

Night and Day

"How many were disposed of?" He questioned.

"Seven, sir," his assistant stated. Already accustomed to the circumstance, he saved his master from wasting his breath on the question which would surely follow. He continued, "All seemingly natural, sir. An earthquake, a small plane crash and a tsunami, sir." 

"Prospective individuals?" The 'master' inquired.

"Two, sir," his voice lowering a decibel, nearly to a whisper, as he saw his boss' eyes slightly widen. That much of a reaction was rare. He hardly blinked, thus the slight twitching of an eyelid was sufficient in revealing his anger. The two were not guaranteed to make it, and their small group could not afford to shrink any further.

"Locations," the 'master' demanded to be informed. He didn't shout, his statement was curt, voice low. The urgency, was still evident though.

"Canada and Seoul, sir. I will send the files up sir."

A quick nod of his head told the assisstant he was dismissed. He took it all in, the awe-inspiring bookshelf, the solid blue carpet which highlighted the desk of the finest, polished mahogany, and finally the crystalline name-plate. "Deok Hwa Nochelas," were the words engraved in black and lined by gold. The name of the 'man' whose hands were strong enough to bear the weight of half the world. It all left his sight as he closed the door. He didn't dare covet that which he could not handle.

 

 

 

Whether for the Nochelas Corporation or Diarias Corporation, only the most elite and outstanding individuals in each field were recruited. From agriculture, to technology, to biological engineering, chemical engineering, politics and the general business world, only the top 1% were vied for, and acquired. The loss of seven should mean the acquisition of another eight; that meant growth. It could take fifty to acquire two.

The heads were extremely selective; one needs the best in order to thrive.

 

 

 

Another update guys~~ I hope you enjoy. Should I post another chapter? Muahaha

Are you confused yet? Never fear, it will all be unraveled for you in due time. xD Please comment and let me know how you're feeling.

-- xoxo, SasukeSasuke

June 26, 2014