Round II

Night and Day

--Seoul, Korea

Observation Room

 

"Round one has passed now. She's accepted the gene just fine. You heard her, she's thirsty~," Hyomin sang. 

She watched as he filled a mug with a thick, red liquid. "Thanks," she said, taking the cold 'refreshments' into her hands and down to Hyuna.

 

 

Containment Room

Hyuna's POV

 

I doubted that even a minute had elapsed before Hyomin reappeared with some juice. "That was fast, though I'm not complaining," I remarked.

She smiled. "Wasn't it? Oh my, I almost forgot," she gasped before resting the mug on the table. She hurried over to me and unlocked the chains. I felt bare without them after they'd been courting me for so long. I began stretching immediately, though, my body rejoicing at its regained freedom.

"Here you go," she said as she offered me the drink. I took it graciously.

"Thank you."

"It's from Mr. Nochelas himself. Well, you'll know soon enough."

I was already gulping down the slick juice, eager to quench my thirst. It was incredibly soothing and delectable, truly unique. I didn't have time to inquire of Hyomin, 'where could I purchase this drink?', or 'who was Mr. Nochelas?' before the seizure started. I was being flooded with information I didn't think my body, or even my mind could keep up with. Frankly, I couldn't think. It was becoming all too clear that nothing had ever been clear. With the sudden enlightenment came darkness once more, as unconsciousness greeted me.

 

 

 

--A few hours later

 

"It's been a total of four days since you've been brought here. Am I still shouting?" Hyomin asked.

My head hurt immensely and my vision was taking forever to focus. "No, you aren't. Thank goodness," I replied, smiling faintly. "Thank Mr. Nochelas for me."

"Hopefully you'll get to thank him yourself, soon enough. I have a feeling you will." She smiled at the end.

"I can control it now. He's a miracle worker."

Hyomin simply nodded as her reply, reluctant to waste words, as I suppose they all were after living long enough.

We sat in silence as I allowed everything to sink in. The 'juice' was blood. I drank blood. The blood's owner was Deokhwa Nochelas, and oh did he certainly leave the liquid saturated with information. It held information about the Nochelas and the Diarias who were ancient to say the least, it told me of their secret ownership of the world, their underlying networks which remained hidden to humans, hidden to me. It spoke of the two sides' competition, which was now essentially two childish business men trying to outdo each other at the moment. I saw that nothing had been as it had seemed. I learned so much, and the lesson taught me that I had known so little.

His blood gave me knowledge. It gave me control over my hearing which had been sensitive the past few days, mistaking stomping and yelling for normal conversation and gentle footsteps in a soundproof building. It gave me control over my power, so that I wouldn't go around freezing or cooking everyone. It gave me, more than anything, a sense of belonging.

"You'll start working at the lab tomorrow. Research~" Hyomin said.

I gasped. Did I mention it was my dream? It had been for all of my 22 years. "Really?!" I exclaimed, my elation evident.

 

End of Hyuna's POV

 

 

 

--Seoul, Korea

Deokhwa Nochelas' Office

 

 

 

Hyuna Kim Status Report:

 

Round I: 

Successfully accepted gene. 

Purebred: Temperature control

 

Round II:

Enlightenment attained.

No hysteria or denial detected.

 

Round III:

Confirmation: To be announced in 23:59:59 hours

 

"I'll breathe in a day, then," he commented. Her induction would be determined then. He silently willed her to make it. The banquet was in eight days.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Final update today~~ I wanted to update more,  however there are time constraints T__T Hopefully I'll have the time to update tomorrow, as well as gift you all with a new story :) Please anticipate it... There's WuNa... and Sehun Muahahaha xD

--Lots 'n lots of love, SasukeSasuke

June 30, 2014