#19

I Love You Two


I stare dumbfoundedly at the shrill ringing of the phone in my hand. Junhyung takes it from me and presses the answer button. Then he presses

the receiver to my ear. I grin sheepishly at him and thanked him silently.

"Yoboseyo?" I greeted shakily, my voice cracked glamorous in the studio.

The artistes 'aah' at the sound of my voice. The camera zooms into oppa's expression.

"Yoboseyo? Hyuna?" Oppa calls my name softly,

My heart fluttering involuntarily. I grip the receiver tightly, fearing I might drop it.

"Ne." I said bravely.

"Uh- I don't know how to say this-"  Oppa grins nervously into the camera.

"I'm being broadcasted, right?" I ask lightly.

A look of surprise and relief crossed his face and he smiles.

" Yes, you're right. How are you, Hyuna-ah?" He asks, eyes flickering to the camera.

I gulp and close my eyes, wishing this was just a normal conversation. " I'm coping well, thanks for asking. How about you?" I ask lamely.

" I went through a lot, but, on overall, I'm fine, " He says softly, and lifts his head to meet my eyes through the camera.

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves.

"You look good with that-that color of hair. Although your hair used to be thicker. " I commented .

The audience kindly laughs. He chuckles adorably and nodded in agreement.

"Things I do to become an artiste, Hyuna-ah." He says shaking his head in disbelief.

" HYUNA-SSHI? HYUNA? THIS IS KANG HODONG! CAN YOU HEAR ME?" A sudden burst of voice enters my ear.

I cringe at the loud voice and nod quickly. " Yes Kang Hodong-shii. I can hear you quite clearly. "

Hodong-shii nods in approval and approaches Oppa to talk to me. I watch him warily.

"Ahh~ Hyuna, we've heard you're no longer available for our rapper here. Is it right?" Hodong asks me.

I sat there, stunned. How am I supposed to answer him. I glance at Junhyung beside me. He smiles encouragingly and covers my hand with his. His

gesture sends warmth all over my body and I felt a pang of guilt. Here I was, talking to my past lover. And my husband is sitting here with me.

Encouraging me. I smile sadly up at him.

"Yes, indeed, that's the truth." I said quietly.

The audience acknowledges and made sympathetic sounds. Oppa looks down on the ground, his expression blank.

"How does your husband feel about you agreeing to this broadcast?" Hodong asks dramatically.

I tense up and shut my eyes. "He's currently right here next to me, actually. And um- enjoying this moment. " I reply. Junhyung let out a small laugh

and nods.

"AHHH. Really? Waah~ you must've gotten a very good husband then," I smile at his statement and turn to Junhyung who was smiling at me 

adoringly. I smile and while looking at Junhyung, I said, "Yes, he is. He takes care of me well."

I turn back to the TV, and see Oppa nodding approvingly. Hodong-shii nods and without any more question for me, he gave the phone back to Oppa.

Oppa calmly takes the phone and blinks thoughtfully. "Don't you want to wish anything for me?" Oppa asks with a hint of a private smile.

I smile. "Of course~ I hope that Oppa will be in success in the future and all the years of promotions to come." I told him simply.

Oppa nods intently and bites his lower lip. "Gomawo, Hyuna-ah. And as a last goodbye, I'm honestly happy for you and your husband. I wasn't

wrong when I decided to leave you." Oppa says honestly.

My toes curl and the memory of him leaving me flash before my eyes. "Goodbye, Oppa. Until next time." I said before he lets on anything else.

And we both know that we won't be seeing each other anytime soon.


----------------------------------------------

Later that night, I shrugged off whatever just happened by excusing myself and tried to sleep. Junhyung took it as the after effect of my pills and

tuck me in bed.

As he turn to leave, I grabbed his wrist softly. "Are you angry with me?" I ask him guiltily.

His eyebrows raise in question but then he smiles softly and knelt beside me. "Of course not. You're my wife. You're mine. No one can take you

away from me. Not even if you want to." He says somewhat kindly and  my hair.

I tried to absorb his words and close my eyes. "Thank you, I'm sorry if you felt hurt by anything just now. " I said, holding his hands under my chin.

He smiles at me and shakes his head. "Don't be, now go and sleep, you need to wake up early and cook for me before I go to work." He says with a

wink and left the room.

My heart pangs with guilt. How is it that I still feel for Oppa, when I'm sure I love Junhyung, too.

I shut my eyes tightly, ignoring the aching pain in my heart. A few minutes after that, my mind shut off as well. Junhyung comes into the room, at

eleven or so, carefully not to wake me up. He sees me sleeping peacefully and crept over to my side. I fought the urge to open my eyes and continued

to pretend I was asleep. Junhyung kneels down like before and place his warm hand on my neck softly.

My stomach turns and my heart pounds. What is he going to do? I even my breaths out. And waited. I feel him moving in closer and my palms

started to tingle. His face comes closer and his lips..........met my nose. He pulls back slowly and gave a little sigh.

"When will I kiss you again....yeobo-ah. Do you know that I fear every night that you might not wake up the next day? That I cant sleep because I'm

afraid that when I wake up, I'm the only one still breathing. I just want you to know, I never regret marrying a dying woman. But before you go, I

hope you can tell me whether I've made you happy." He whispers lovingly.

My throat burns and I willed my tears not to seep out of my eyes. Junhyung ah, you HAVE made me happy. And I'm promise I won't go so

soon. Because now that you're here, I'm not willing to die anymore.

 

______________________________________