#13

I Love You Two

Junhyung carries me up to the bedroom with the aid of his chauffer. He frantically calls my personal doctor who arrives immediately. The doctor

takes some blood and gives me painkillers. I sat up weakly, asking the doctor for the diagnosis. He looks at me uncertainly. Then he looks at

Junhyung. He shakes his head sadly and sat down beside me.

"Doctor, please. What's wrong?" Junhyung asks worriedly.

The doctor takes of his glasses and sighs. "This is going to be a blow." He says. My stomach turns. This isn't good.

"Your disease is back. In fact, it's worse. Worse than ever." He says after a pause. My body feels weak, suddenly.

"How-how long do I have?" I whisper. Junhyung takes my hand, an attempt to soothe me.

"Not as long as I hoped last time. It seems that when you panic, your heart will not be well, and the hole in it enlarges." He clarifies.

"So....what are the upcoming symptoms?" I ask with a pit in my stomach.

The doctor clasps his hands."There won't be any, except for the seizures you will have. And there is no confirming when your time will come

exactly." He says sadly.

I hide my face, as tears fall from my eyes. I didn't want to go. Not now. Not now that I've started to like junhyung. I want to live.

"Is that all? Because I think she wants to be alone." Junhyung asks politely.

The doctor gets up, shakes Junhyung's hands. I started to bawl as soon as junhyung closes the door. He comes over and put his arms around me. I

wrap my arms around his waist and cried my heart out on his chest. Why? Why me? I don't deserve this. I'm not strong enough to face this mess.

Junhyung my hair comfortingly." maybe you should sleep. I'll call Umma and tell her. Take a rest." He says quietly and lay me on the bed.

I didn't argue and close my tearful eyes, sobbing myself to sleep.
---

Junhyung stirs me up from my sleep. I blink up at him hazily and reluctantly sat up.

"Your medicines." he says. He pours the syrup and makes me swallow it. I made a face but swallow it.

"Here, eat the porridge to wash it down," He fusses over me, stirring the hot porridge. I look at him, his caring gesture making me smile. I eat

without arguing, even though the medicine made it tasteless. Junhyung's face full of concentration as he pours me a drink, feed me more, is touching.

"Yeobo," I call him playfully. He looks up in surprise and smiles.

"I'm not disabled. I can feed myself." I said, placing my hands over his.

"It's fine. You won't be this strong for long, so I might as well start early, right?" He says casually.

My throat burns at his thoughtfulness. I caress his cheek, expressing my gratitude and new feelings. His eyes starts to tear and he covers my hand

with his.

"Thank you." I say sadly.

He swallows and ducks his head. "I'm a fool for thinking that maybe you will live through your disease and grow old with me." He whispers.

My heart starts to ache and I beg my tears not to fall.

"Don't-stop hurting yourself." I whisper croakily. He looks up at me with soulful eyes.

"I really like you, Hyuna." I shake my head.

"Yeobo, remember?" I smile at him.

"And I like you, too" I say shyly, my heart pounding at my confession.

His eyes widen and he smiles.
 

-------------------------------------------

:(