#21

I Love You Two

*INSERTS 'A THOUSAND YEARS' BY CHRISTINA PERRI*

The wind whistled deafeningly into my ears. I don't think I hear him right.

"What? What did you say?" I ask him.

He gave me a slanted grin and smiles."Honeymoon, yeobo-ah. Be excited." He says, staring straight into the night, steering the boat casually.

I gulp. So he was serious. Okay. "Where? Why are you taking us in this boat?! " I bombarded him.

He points to the houses on stilts that I saw on the way here.

I gape at him in disbelief. "Chincha?! There?! Those look exclusive!"

He frowns teasingly. "Do you think I'm not exclusive?"

I bit my lip. My heart tingles in excitement. I kept silent in giddiness as he steers slowly and flawlessly into the back of the house. Conveniently,

there was a staircase at the back of the house. Junhyung takes my hand without a word and we climb up the wooden staircase of the house. My breath

hitches as I step on the wooden platform. It was heavenly. Perfect. All I've wanted to experience.

"Are you excited?" He grins sincerely. I smile and nod vigorously.

He takes my arm. "Come on, we're only at the balcony."

I squealed silently in my head and obliged. He pushes open the wooden door to our room. I froze.

Beautiful.

The walls were mocca coloured and the floor was tiled marble cream. The room was spacious, to my immense surprise. The furniture was completed

with a large-screen tv and a sofa with a made-up bed.

"What do you think? " Junhyung asks, wrapping his arm around my waist.

"Perfect. Yeobo, this-this place is just beautiful." I whispered.

He slowly kisses my hair. "Are you ready for the next surprise? " He says slyly.

I widen my eyes at him. "Another surprise? Are you kidding? "

He shakes his head seriously and walks up to the front door.

I wait.

With a grin, he pushes the door open (again) dramatically. To show me.........total darkness. I frown at him questioningly.

"Wait for it...." He teases.

I waited. And a few seconds later, one by one, lanterns lighted up soflty, revealing a pathway or an aisle for me to walk on. The last lantern lit on a

circular platform. I swallowed nervously in anticipation as I stepped closer. I walk up the aisle, admiring the sea spread out below me like I was

floating above water. I finally reached the circular platform and leaned ove the barricade, overlooking the sea. I sigh in content. Turning to Junhyung

to tell him to come and join me, I found him kneeling on the platform with an unsure expression. I froze. Thinking he slipped and was aiming for a

cool pose to cover his embarassment. But no. He just had to be awfully sweet yet again.

"Hyuna-ah." He calls my name ever so lovingly.

"N-ne?" I whisper.

He clears his throat nervously and took a deep breath. My stomach contracts, and I dare not breathe in case I miss a word.

"I believe, a woman, every woman deserves a proposal from the man she marries. So, here is mine. A belated proposal." He says staring up at me.

My hand flew to my mouth to contain my feelings. My heart thuds unbearably fast.

"Will you, kim Hyuna be my wife? Now, and after?" He whispers the last part, a little broken.

I gulp. My toes curled. I couldn't-didn't know what to say. Yes, of course I do. Yes.

"YES!!"  I yelled happily. My heart burst into fits of happiness.

Junhyung got up and envelops me in an endearing hug. I rest my head on his chest while he cradles my head. We stayed like that for a few minutes. I

felt happy, peaceful and content. Everything is so perfect after being with him.

"Yeobo-ah~" I call him.

"Mmm?"

"You HAVE made me happy. And I promise, I'll wait for you after I go."I promised him, looking up into his piercing eyes.

His expression softens and turns sad. "I know. I'll wait for you to come back, too."

 

-----------------------------------------------------