Unwanted Guests

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Everyone went out to search for any person who knows Sujin. The only wolves left were MiYeon, the twins, Sehun and I. “Why did you defend her like that against Kai? You usually have respect for him,” I asked Sehun who was staring intently at Sujin’s unconscious figure. He only shrugged with a sad smile. “Maybe because I remember the times when she was so defenceless? We may be the only beings who can hurt her… abuse her, but I can’t stand it when it comes to this,” he explained.

“This is why I like you better than Kai,” I glanced at Sujin. She looked so peaceful. Lay did a good job in patching up her wounds. Even the bruise on her lips was disappearing. MiYeon changed Sujin into new clothes before Lay could heal her. She was now wearing a black dress with long lacy sleeves. Her hair was neatly covering the pillow below her head. A brown furred blanket covered her whole body, only leaving the upper part uncovered.

“Hey, hyung, have you ever started falling in love with Sujin?” Sehun suddenly asked me. Minwoo excitedly turned his head to me and I knew I can’t lie or else he’ll tell Sehun the truth. Siyeon was innocent blinking at her brother’s odd action and then she looked back to her mother who was telling them the tale of Little Red Riding Hood wherein the big bad wolf ate that lass.

I looked down and sighed. “Well, I’m not sure,” Minwoo stayed silent at my answer. It was true. I don’t know if I do like her. Sure, I get jealous but is this love? I don’t know. Feelings are my weaknesses. It doesn’t have any logic or any strategies. It is corny but it’s true. Even I can’t figure it out.

“You should stay unsure then.”

Sehun was the first one to look at the door and his eyes widened. “Those… Those…” He mumbled. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked for myself. There I saw Jungkook and V, along with another vampire that I’m sure is from BTS. “I didn’t know this wolf was a part of this pack,” Jungkook pointed at Sehun. The young wolf didn’t move one bit.

I glanced at MiYeon for a second and saw her motioning her children to hide behind the bed for safety. The children complied without any complaints and the gentle mother I saw earlier was replaced with this sadistic woman I’ve known for so long. “And who do we have here? Snacks maybe?” MiYeon said with a sadistic smirk and her long delicate fingers touching her bloody red lips.

V froze when he noticed MiYeon. And then his finger pointed at her. He was shaking with anger. I saw it flaming in his eyes. His eyes suddenly turned red as he shouted,” You! You know how much you’ve hurt him?” The other vampire held V’s shoulders down and looked at MiYeon.

“Why did you make him hope for so much, Choi?” Jungkook’s voice sounded bitter as he bit his lower lip. How is MiYeon related to these vampires? What happened when she escaped the consequences of what she did to Kyungsoo’s mate? No one really asked that or wondered that before, until now. I looked questionably at MiYeon and she just gestured me to take guard of Sujin.

“I’m not a Choi anymore, Jungkook. I’m a Kim now. I am Kim MiYeon,” MiYeon crossed her legs. “And I never raised anyone’s hopes up, Jungkook. That was only his imagination. I’ve made clear that I love someone else, didn’t I? I told him I have a mate, a very handsome one may I add. But instead of finding another victim, he keeps on telling me he’s better than my hubby. Do I have any fault in that?” She tilted her head with her eyes locking with Jungkook’s but that cute look was replaced with a scary smile.

“Wolves and vampires are never meant to be, Jungkook. Why are you forcing yourself on Sujin? You love her? Blasphemy!” She stood up and went near the vampires. Jungkook clutched his fists. “You’re a liar. You don’t know anything, MiYeon. I love Sujin and she loves me back,” he muttered. “Yes, the amnesia-having Sujin may love you but oh, what if her memories came back and she remembered her mate? What do you do then? Drink till you die like what Suga did?” That was the last straw for the vampires because I saw the other one punch MiYeon’s cheek.

The impact made MiYeon slam on the wall and create a crater on it. I was going to help her but she glared at me. “I can handle this on my own. This is my past. A strong wolf has to face her own past and accept it no matter what the consequence is,” she told me in my head. This was exactly what she told Sujin back then. When she was training Sujin, she told her this.

MiYeon staggered in standing up but soon, she regained her strength and stood like a lady. She sashayed towards the one who punched her and smiled at him nicely. “Jimin, didn’t anyone teach you manners?” She said before the yellow scratches on her face glowed and she held that vampire’s collar. “No one dares to touch my beautiful face. You know that, don’t you? Can’t you control your emotions, you leech?” She narrowed her eyes at him before throwing him aside.

Jimin lifted himself with his arms and coughed, grasping for air. MiYeon turned to Jungkook. “And why can’t you face reality, Jungkook? She won’t be yours forever. Fate always makes a way for mates to meet each other again. Look at them,” she used her head to point at us. “That’s her mate. Do you doubt fate now?” She snickered.

“Know your limitations,” I muttered. “There aren’t any limitations when dealing with these leeches, deer boy!” MiYeon clasped her hands. “She loves me, MiYeon. Why can’t you just deal with that? She’s happier with me!” Jungkook almost shouted. I saw V pull out something from his pocket.

“Look out, Umma!”

I turned to Siyeon and she suddenly shot a thunder bolt from her hand. Then with her free hand, she attracted the blade and held the handle tightly. Her eyes were glowing. Minwoo was at her back, looking as surprised as I was.

“I will never let you hurt umma anymore! Siyeon doesn’t permit it even though you are all handsome!”