White Lie

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

I instructed Chen to have Minwoo away from me for now. He’ll easily find out how I feel… these irrational feelings and thoughts. I detested this but I can’t stop it myself. I massaged my temples as I let out a deep sigh. “If she remembered… her wolf might… that’s why I should avoid her,” I muffled to myself.

“Hey, hyung? I heard what happened because of noona,” Sehun suddenly entered the room. His brown hair was messed up and blood was on his lips. He sat right next to me. “And I heard what you just said,” he continued. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows. “This is the first time that I am so confused… I don’t know what to do,” I told him.

Sehun smiled a bit before chuckling. “We may be wolves but we think like humans, hyung. What do you think is the wise thing to do? You have the mind of a genius after all,” he said before looking up to the ceiling. “Hyung, we have to think about our happiness sometimes… even if our safety isn’t certain. After all of the chaos is over, we’ll just laugh at it,” he continued.

“Like our battle with Sujin back then, we only laugh at it. We’ve never felt so alive before. We never battled like that before… like we needed to live for each other. Isn’t that an unforgettable feeling?” He turned to me. “Sujin surely changed. Time changes anyone, even wolves. But that doesn’t mean you have to ignore her your whole life. You’ll keep bumping into her, I’m sure. You are mates after all,” with that, I bit my lower lip.

“I’m… scared.”

Sehun was taken back with what I said. I know. It’s unexpected for the most superior being Luhan to feel scared but I am. I am scared she might take away everything I have left if she remembered everything. I’m afraid she might take advantage of the twins. Cheesy as it sounds, I’m also afraid of falling for her. I’m afraid I might be useless when I do. I might do more irrational actions if I do.

“I understand how you feel but you have to be brave,” Sehun said when he got out of his state of shock. “You know, you have a lot ahead of you and Sujin is part of it. You have no choice,” he added. I closed my eyes.

“I know,” I spoke. “I have to face her sooner or later but I can’t now. The twins are discovering their powers,” I told him. “I can’t have them mingling in our pack’s past while they’re still so young. They’re too innocent to know what happened… what changed our pack,” I added as I opened my eyes.

Sehun stood up and looked back at me. I felt a light breeze brush against the back of my neck. “It’s your choice,” he shrugged. “Whatever you do, we’ll support you like how we did when we found Sujin. We never lost our trust on your decisions, hyung. Remember that,” he said before leaving the room.

I felt pressured. If they keep on trusting me, that event might occur again. I was paranoid. If anyone dies because of my stupid decision, I couldn’t forgive myself. I would rather die than have one of my family members die before me. Yes, I called them my family. They are the only people I have left. I couldn’t let them disappear from my life. They’re too important.

Don’t tell them I said that.

After a few minutes, I stood up and stretched. I let out a big yawn and went out of the room. I spotted MiYeon teaching Minwoo how to use his powers and Chen encouraging his daughter that she’ll have her powers in the right time. When Minwoo noticed my presence, he immediately ran to me, making his mother groan.

“Yah, Minwoo-yah!” MiYeon shouted. “Wait, umma! I have a lot of questions for uncle Luhan!” Minwoo said as he turned his head back to his mother before looking up to me again. His eyes were back to their original color, brown. “Uncle, tell me the truth, do you know seonsaengnim?” He asked me. I looked at MiYeon and she shrugged.

You have to deal that on your own.

I heard MiYeon’s voice in my mind.

Wow. Thanks for the encouragement. Your son is as curious as your husband with matters.

I looked down at Minwoo and he was excitedly waiting for my answer. I shook my head. “I don’t have a clue who she is aside from the fact she’s your teacher,” I told him. Minwoo thought for a while and nodded. Luckily, his powers weren’t active at the time. “Then do you like her? Like appa likes umma?” Minwoo innocently asked.

MiYeon laughed. “Oh, son, your uncle is heartless. Either that or he turned gay for Xiumin or Sehun,” she scoffed. I shot a glare at her. “Shut up, woman,” I hissed. “Don’t fight in front of the kids,” Chen told us. “Minwoo, your uncle has high standards and you know we have our corresponding mates. It’s just impossible to have a human mate,” MiYeon explained.

“What about Uncle Xiumin? Isn’t Aunt Rae a human?”

“My dear, they’re not dating. Aside from that, she’s not entirely a human. She has a little bit of wolf blood. I’ve heard it from Jonghyun,” she answered. Chen stared at her in disbelief. “You were having chats with Jonghyun? I thought you hated hunters,” he said. “Well, Xiumin hates hunters too but you see him flirting with them,” MiYeon crossed her arms.

“And don’t get jealous, yeobo! You’re my number one after all,” she reassured him. I think I am going to barf with all this cheesiness. “Anyways, answer the child’s question, Luhan. Tell him the truth,” MiYeon told me, gesturing her hand to her son. I sighed before looking back at the innocent pup.

“I am not really sure, Minwoo. Maybe I do or maybe I don’t. It doesn’t matter anymore. I just know I don’t want to get close to her because she’s not like us.”

“Uncle, you’re lying. The last part isn’t true,” Minwoo’s eyes suddenly glowed red and I gulped down my thoughts. “Uncle, stop lying. Tell me the truth,” he demanded. It was one of the rare times I saw the kid be serious.