Unanswered Questions

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

As I was trying to meditate to calm my nerves (Chanyeol and Baekhyun are seriously giving me a headache with their bickering), my nephew suddenly rushed towards me. He looked like his father honestly. I forgot to tell you Chen and MiYeon… reproduced and they had twins. Chen thought it was a smart idea to divide the word wolf (minyeo) into two for their children so it resulted to Minwoo and Siyeon. Minwoo was the older one and always protected Siyeon.

 

Minwoo smiled at me with the same smile Chen always possessed. But it didn’t annoy me. Minwoo was a cute child. And the twins are the only people in the pack I can tolerate. After all, they’re still kids. They don’t know how cruel the world is for wolves like us.

 

“Appa says it’s time to eat!” He cheered. When he noticed how my hands were stationed, he tilted his head. “What were you doing, uncle? Was it… umm…” He looked around the room as if the word was imprinted on the ceiling, floor and walls. “Meditating?” He had trouble reciting the word but he successfully did it.

 

I nodded at his question. “Let’s go to your father then,” I said as I stood up and took the kid into my arms. I am certainly not going soft. I mean, I am going to train this kid into one of the strongest wolves when his power shows its signs. Minwoo excitedly looked around the surroundings as I carried him to the outside of the abandoned building. “Put me down, uncle! I want to talk to Siyeon and appa!” He requested, more of commanded me. If he were the other wolves (and no, I won’t carry those grown men and MiYeon), I would’ve took hold of his heart… literally.

 

I complied to what he said and put him down. He rushed towards his sister and father and I positioned myself by a nearby tree. Suho was sitting on a branch of the tree and Kai and Sehun were just beside me. Kris was nearby too, relaxing. They were all chit chatting about the past, it seemed.

 

“Ain’t it so peaceful..? But I’d describe it more of boring,” Kai groaned. “You just want someone to be below you, hyung. Sorry to say, she’s above you now,” Sehun with a smirk on his face. “Above?” Kai laughed. “She kept on shivering and she kept on following my orders. What’s so above me about that?” he added. “Pabo. She could’ve killed us all,” Kris told him as he narrowed his eyes.

 

“But she’s still a part of this pack, kids. She’s Luhan-hyung’s mate,” Suho said, his eyes remaining closed. “Hey, hyung,” Kai suddenly hit my back. “Don’t worry. I wasn’t flirting with your girl but she practically hates us all in the same intensity so yeah, you would stay a your whole life!” he suddenly said with a smile on his face.

 

I lazily raised my hand and I started slowly closing it. Kai suddenly had trouble in taking breaths. He was chasing after the air he can never catch. “Hyung…” He muttered. “Stop that, Luhan,” Kris sternly said. My hand returned to being an open palm and I let it fall on my lap. Kai was left coughing and resting his back on the trunk of the tree.

 

Usually, I don’t follow anyone’s orders. And both Suho and Kris are alright with that. They know my level of intelligence is different from them. I will always be a step ahead of them or maybe more. But sometimes, I like following their orders, especially Kris’ since he’s the alpha now. And he’s the only alpha. Suho stepped down to avoid any chaos and fights within the pack.

 

We didn’t want any more of that after the incident.

 

“I miss my match too, you know,” MiYeon said, cooking the brain of the victims until they looked delicious. “I wanted someone who could really challenge me. Honestly, those SNSD chicks didn’t stand a chance against me,” she said arrogantly before laughing. “Don’t show that kind of side of yours to the kids, yeobo,” Chen held his kids closer to him. MiYeon rolled her eyes. “Yeobo, the kids should know the cruelty of the world soon and how to survive. They don’t have a clue what kind of power they have. They might have a useless power like I do,” she told him, obviously not contented with her power.

 

“Stop being dramatic! Geez, MiYeon, madness isn’t a bad power!” Chanyeol told her. “I can’t summon flames like you. I can’t blind my enemies like Baekhyun. I can’t electrocute my victims like yeobo. Well, at least, madness is better than…” She glanced at me for a moment. “Telekinesis,” she continued with a smirk on her face.

 

I didn’t bother to do what I did to Kai to her. She sometimes matched my strength. With only the look in her eyes, I can feel a tug in my stomach. My guts tell me not to mess with her that much. It won’t do good if we battled. We were the hope of our pack. We were like defence mechanisms here.

 

“Stop messing with Luhan, really, guys. That’s childish!” Xiumin pouted. Finally, someone sane here. “We don’t want many injuries here. I don’t like exhausting myself,” Lay suddenly spoke. “Sometimes, I want serenity. I could just freeze time,” Tao said out of the blue. “How’s that connected to our topic?” Baekhyun asked. “It doesn’t have to be connected,” Tao shook his head and gave a childish smile.

 

“I wonder if she’s still alive,” Kyungsoo muttered. “She is, surely,” MiYeon said, a smirk not leaving her lips. She was obviously looking forward to see her again. “It is logical to assume that,” I agreed with her for once. I admit MiYeon has a great mind, even though I hate her very being.

 

“Those three disappeared when we were out. Soo Man certainly teleported them to a safe place and I don’t have a clue what can happen next,” Sehun said. “Do you think it’ll happen all over again then?” Suho looked down at me. “Maybe,” I bit my lower lip. I was sure it’ll happen again.

 

Mates’ destinies are intertwined. Destiny may be something peculiar to believe in for someone of my intelligence but it was true for every wolf. While we were both breathing in the same world, we were bound to meet each other again even if we don’t want to. I just hope it won’t be so soon.

 

“I am sure it will,” MiYeon said with pleasure in her voice. I turned my head to the twins who were obviously confused. “Appa, umma, who are you really talking about?” Siyeon tilted her head, some of her hair covering her face. Chen tucked the hair behind her ear and smiled at his daughter. “No one, baby. Just someone from our past,” he answered. “Is she your friend then? I want to meet her! We don’t really have an aunt who’s a wolf,” Minwoo whined.

 

Chen slowly shook his head. “It’s… dangerous. Now, stop asking about her,” he told both of them. “We will if you stop talking about her! Like, we’re curious and we want to know more!” Siyeon crossed her arms and pouted.

 

“You will know about her soon,” I rested my head on the trunk and closed my eyes.