Great Actors

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

I was taken back by what he said. “Noona, noona, can I talk to Mr. Han for a while?” The human looked back to Sujin with a childish smile. Sujin furrowed her eyebrows and hesitantly nodded. “Take your time, oppa. I’ll be watching the kids,” she said.

The human grabbed my wrist and pulled me away. We ended up by the swings of the school’s playground. “I know she’s a wolf like you,” he said as he faced me again. For a second, I thought his eyes glowed red. “Wolves aren’t real, Mr..?” I stopped for a moment when I realized I didn’t know who he was. “Mr. Jeon. Call me by my surname,” he said.

“Don’t be such a killjoy, Jungkook,” another man who was dressed as the same manner as Jeon was appeared near us. He had orange-blonde hair and he had chinkier eyes than Jeon. Wait… Should I call him Jungkook? “V,” Jungkook said in distaste. “Anyways, who’s this dog?” The man turned to me and raised an eyebrow. He smirked at me and scanned me from head to toe.

“What are you even…” I stepped back and looked at the two from head to toe. It was only then when I noticed how pale they were and how deep their eyebags are, only hidden by a thick layer of foundation so they could appear to be normal. Jungkook had gloves on his hands but V’s hands were bear. They had sharp nails on it.

And then I noticed V’s mouth. It had fangs. “Vampire?” I looked at them. “I thought you were so slow in figuring that out,” Jungkook scoffed. I bit my lower lip. I don’t want to fight anyone here. But Jungkook looked so prideful and annoying, reminding me of myself. I know I can get prideful and self-centered like him but I would listen to my packmates sometimes.

“Don’t pick a fight now, Jungkook. RapMon would get mad,” V told him. Jungkook lightly nodded. “I was only here to pick up my girlfriend,” and then he looked me in the eyes. “I guess… You’re part of her past pack?” he raised an eyebrow. “And why would you care?” I narrowed my eyes at him. Jungkook shook his head.

“No reason really. Even if you were her mate, she wouldn’t care anymore. If she loves her mate so much, I wonder why she left her pack,” Jungkook scoffed before leaving me with V. “He’s a really clingy boyfriend, Mr. Dog! Anyways, I have to follow my friend. My hyungdeul would get mad at me if I lost him again,” V said as he waved and ran towards Jungkook’s direction.

I froze in my spot. No one ever dared to tell me that. He knows nothing. But I shouldn’t react too much. That would be a waste of energy. After a few minutes, I snapped out of my daze and went back to the school. I saw Jungkook whispering something to Sujin and she just laughed.

I felt this pang on my chest. I don’t understand why. “Uncle!” The twins suddenly rushed towards me and Sujin turned her attention back to the kids. “It was nice talking to you, Mr. Han,” Jungkook said in the most cheerful way he can get. I knew better than to believe this act he’s putting up. “Be careful on your way home, kids and Mr. Han,” Sujin bowed with a smile on her face.

Oh, that’s so disgusting. Sujin with a smile is such a weird thing for me still. “We will, seonsaengnim! See you tomorrow!” Minwoo waved energetically. Siyeon clung to me and waved at Jungkook. “Oppa, bogoshippeo!” she said. She almost made me want to barf. “But you still see me, Siyeonnie. When you go home, you can say you miss oppa,” Jungkook said.

“I will, oppa!” Siyeon said. Minwoo pouted. “How about me, Siyeonnie?” The boy suddenly clung to her sister. Sujin chuckled. “Well, we have to go, Mr. Han. My father might be worried sick about me now,” she waved a bit and intertwined her hands with Jungkook’s.

“See you,” Jungkook cockily smirked at me before returning to his childish smile. Then the couple went on their way. Minwoo looked at me with furrowed eyebrows. “Is Uncle jealous of hyung?” He tilted his head. “Ani,” I shook my head. “Let’s just go home,” I offered my hands to both of the kids and they accepted my offer.

When we were at the woods, on the way to the building, I suddenly saw Jonghyun. I furrowed my eyebrows, seeing he was glaring at me. “I haven’t done anything to have you glaring at me and the twins,” I told him. “Yet,” Jonghyun crossed his arms. “Why are you even here?” I inquired, walking nearer to the hunter.

SHINee hasn’t done anything bad since the last incident, except Rae beats up Xiumin sometimes but Xiumin tells me he’s just training the young huntress. I call it flirting.

“You know, it’s my turn to watch my sister,” Jonghyun answered. “Where are they training now?” I raised an eyebrow. He pointed at the roof of the building. I saw two shadows playing under the moonlight. They appeared as if they were dancing but I knew better. Rae was swiftly kicking Xiumin and Xiumin was dodging each kick successfully.

“Why do you let her train with wolves if your hatred for us is so much?” I asked him. “Because… Rae’s a stubborn girl, you know? She wants to train with actual wolves. It gives her adrenaline. And…” Jonghyun’s eyes fixated on Rae’s figure.

“She has to know our past soon,” he bit his lower lip. When Jonghyun realized what he just said, he looked at me, his eyes full of panic. “Forget what I told you,” he said. I rolled my eyes. “I can’t forget what I heard but I’ll try not to be curious about it,” I told him before entering the building with the kids.

“Yah, eomma! Appa!” The twins rushed to their parents. I saw the others were all there. Sehun and Tao were teasing each other. Baekhyun and Chanyeol were testing who has the brightest power. Yes, they’re idiots. Kyungsoo and Kai were talking about something and I don’t care what. Suho and Kris were discussing some important matters, as usual. Lay was sleeping at a corner.

I hope it will always be this peaceful in this pack. But after bumping into that vampire and Sujin, I can’t expect much. Why does that woman have to interfere again?