Monsters

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

A few years ago, Jungkook was out to hunt for food. He was in a club in Gangnam and he decided to pick up girls to drink out of. This was how he led his life. It was already miserable to begin with. He was never perfect enough for his parents, the reason why he ran away from the Jeon Household. He has inferiority complex. He never thought he was better than anyone but aside from that, the poor kid was a perfectionist.

“No one is good enough to be my target,” he scoffed before pushing the girl who was grinding against him away. He smoothly threaded through the crowd and went out of the bar. He was about to enter his car but his phone rang. He put out his phone and touched the ‘answer’ button. “What?” He growled. From the other line, Taehyung coughed.

“You would like what father found for us,” he said in a playful tone. Jungkook raised an eyebrow, his smirk growing. “A play toy?” He asked. “Just be gentle on her and all will be well. She will be father’s favourite after all,” Taehyung told him. “I’ll be there within 10 minutes,” Jungkook said before hanging up.

“Nothing is better than a new play thing for me.”

When Jungkook arrived, everyone was crowding the couch. He pushed the others away and saw the play toy Taehyung was pertaining to. She was asleep, looking like an angel. Her eyebrows furrowed as if she was having a nightmare. Her body curled up as if she was trying to protect herself. She was completely vulnerable and for some reason, Jungkook didn’t want to play with her anymore.

Hoseuk kneeled near the girl’s head and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She was shivering, as sign of her being afraid. She whimpered. “Don’t touch her,” Namjoon sternly said. Hoseuk just rolled his eyes, obviously not amused to be bossed around but he didn’t want to get on father’s favourite son’s bad side.

“So what are we going to do?” Suga asked, his face not showing any expression as usual. Jimin shrugged. “What did father say?” He asked as he looked at Namjoon. The taller man avoided Jimin’s gaze and looked at the ground then at the ‘play thing’. “Not sure,” he muttered. Jungkook smirked in amusement. “Father is keeping secrets from his favourite? That’s surprising,” he sarcastically said.

Namjoon, who got used to Jungkook’s rude behaviour, only rolled his eyes. He didn’t bother to argue with the younger. It wasn’t mature. “Well, couldn’t you just shut your pretty little mouth?” Jin eyed Jungkook. The vampire only laughed scornfully. “Can’t we play with her already?” Hoseuk whined. “No, hyung. Hold the lust in,” Jimin patted his back.

Jungkook sprang back to his consciousness and massaged his head. It had already been 2 hours since Taehyung and Sujin were out. He was getting worried, for Sujin only. Taehyung can take care of himself. Someone went beside him, and it was Jin who always took ‘care’ of him.

“Are you worried V might make a move?” Jin asked. “He might be a crazed vampire but I know he knows his limits,” Jungkook answered. “We are supposed to reveal the truth to her tonight,” Jin shared. Jungkook’s eyes widened and he turned his head to Jin. “That is too soon. What do you think will be her reaction? She’ll think we’re monsters!” Jungkook almost screamed.

Jin was taken back at how Jungkook was. Jungkook was cool. He was hot headed but he was cold. He only cared about himself, his own welfare. Jin knew Jungkook truly loved Sujin but not to the extent his eyes would show so much concern. Jin never saw Jungkook like this before.

“So you considered us monsters,” Jin sarcastically pointed out. “Humans think us as monsters. I don’t want her to be afraid of me. I don’t want her to know we kill humans to sustain our lives,” Jungkook shoot his head. “Nothing would change. She would only see the clearer part of her life,” Jin argued. “She promised she’ll never leave you. Do you think your girlfriend is the kind of person who would dump you because of what you are?” he almost shouted.

“Sujin is not like that! We know that. Jungkook, you’re just afraid she might elope with her mate!”

Sujin held her breath as she saw the portraits found in the little bedroom. They were happy. All of the people in the picture were. It was Sujin, Luhan, Sunny, Xiumin and Sehun. They were childhood friends. But how..? They were in the same pack, she figured.

Taehyung sat on the small bed and looked around. “You were a cheerful child. Always smiling… laughing and full of life. Nothing troubled you,” he said as he relaxed his back on the soft mattress. “It went perfect. Everyone knew Luhan was your mate. Everyone loved you. But love was never permanent…”

A twisted smile appeared on Taehyung’s lips as he closed his eyes. “They loved you until they discovered the dark side of your power… and it is your ability to control darkness itself,” he continued. Sujin’s mouth flew open with the information entering her poor head. “Everyone knew how dangerous you were and everyone grew afraid of you. Luckily, you have friends like the wolves I mentioned before. They didn’t care at all… until the tragedy.”

Sujin gulped. She knew the tragedy far too well now. It was Taehyung’s favourite story. It was the wolf’s demise. It was the end of one of the most powerful packs in Korea. The silence in the room was interrupted when Taehyung’s phone rang. “Kookie?” Sujin’s head perked up with the mention of her boyfriend’s nickname.

“Take her home? Father’s orders? Well, okay then. But you’ll be surprised on how much she already knows,” Taehyung laughed. “Oh, I just told her what she should know but not too much. I’m not lying, don’t worry. I can never lie to you. Just give us a few more minutes together,” he said before hanging up. His eyes centered on Sujin who was clueless about what was happening.

“You trust us, don’t you? Well, that trust will be shattered within this night, love.”