Wounded Heart

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Luhan’s POV

The kids were running around with Siyeon blasting electrical balls towards her brother. Minwoo, on the other hand, was great in dodging those. I was right. They could be strong wolves. They could be perfect for that she-beast’s plans. “Minwoo-yah,” Xiumin opened his arms, signalling the young boy to hug him.

“But Uncle, I want to play with dongsaengie more~” He whined. “Let the boy be, Xiumin. He wants to train his speed,” MiYeon proudly said. I could only nod. Minwoo got his speed from his mother. He was great at dodging. It was as if there were multitudes of him. Siyeon, on the other hand, was great at aiming. It took only a few seconds before Minwoo could dodge her attacks.

“They are near,” Sehun said once he went by my side. I closed my eyes. “I know,” I whispered. “I’m sure MiYeon sensed their presence too, along with Suho and Kris,” I added. “What shall we do then? They might attack us again,” Sehun worriedly said. “They won’t. Not yet, I am sure of that. They would move once the super moon arrives,” I explained.

“Wae?” Sehun asked. “Sujin’s wolf… She’ll grow stronger, along with us. Sujin might not even be able to control herself this time. And those blasted women have vampires on their side,” I deepened. “Seriously? Does our pack’s future look grim then?” He asked. “Stop asking questions and keep quiet. I don’t want any of the twins knowing. You do know what Minwoo can do,” I snapped.

Sehun shut his mouth for a moment before looking at the children. “How sure are you?” He asked. “Why do you have doubts in what I say? You never did before,” I said. “I am not doubting you, hyung, not at all but… even you can’t predict how SNSD will act,” Sehun explained his side. “I can. They’re women. They’re predictable,” I said.

“Sujin is a woman and we never knew she could be that powerful. Come on, even a powerful wolf like you wouldn’t know everything,” Sehun countered. “Sujin almost killed us, her wolf anyway. If it were not for the real her…” Sehun’s voice trailed off as he observed the children. A nostalgic smile appeared across his face.

“Remember when we were kids? You were the strongest one out of all of us. Even now, I never underestimated your strength. We all knew you were the perfect match for her… for someone who was cursed with that kind of power,” Sehun started. I listened because I suddenly felt sentimental. “We were children, clueless… naïve of how the world works and of how society saw us. We just knew humans hated us and they were our source of food,” he continued.

“Every day, the sky was blue and every night, the sky was filled with stars. We never felt empty. We were always with each other. You often scolded every one of us. You scolded me because I was too hyper. You scolded Sunny because she kept on running around. You scolded Xiumin because he was too quiet. And well, Sujin… You scolded her because she was always smiling and happy even though we all knew she hurt inside.”

“You know, I sometimes wish for all of us to grow up together as a normal pack,” Sehun finished before standing up. “I have somewhere else to attend to,” he excused himself. “Your mate?” I asked. He only nodded with a smile still stuck on his face before leaving.

Sometimes, I wonder. How is it like having a normal mate? Kyungsoo surely felt it before his mate died. Baekhyun was still flirting with Mae. I was not sure what Xiumin and Rae were. MiYeon and Chen already had twins. So how is it? How is life with mates? How is life not dealing with a mate like mine?

Did they feel, what was it again, love? Did their hearts pound? I was not sure. Emotions weren’t my specialty. I was knowledgeable. I knew all the facts. I could analyse them but when it came to emotions and feelings, something very human, I can’t understand.

Sujin’s POV

Taehyung had a smug expression on his face as our eyes only had him in them. He was, by far, the most interesting one out of all the boys I knew here. He first appeared to me as a peculiar boy. He looked like he was happy with life. His mind raced a different speed from ours. But when he showed me his true colors, it was like everything changed. He wasn’t the same. He was sadistic. His eyes showed bloodlust.

“Once upon a time, in a land faraway, there was this young boy who was given everything he wanted. He was named Kim Taehyung, a peculiar boy because of what he was and how he acted. As a little boy, he played with everyone. He befriended everyone. He was loved by everyone. He followed his parents’ orders accordingly. But everything changed when he entered high school…”

“High school was difficult when one was a vampire. You can’t be kind or else, you’ll be taken advantage of. Taehyung was bullied because of his kindness. He slowly turned bitter of the world. One day, as he was strolling to his room because his school’s students were required to stay in dorms, he bumped into one of his bullies. The bully pushed him against the wall, slightly damaging his back.”

“Taehyung was sobbing, begging the bully not to touch him or anything but the bully continued on verbally and physically abusing him. Taehyung fought back though. He was tired. He accidentally pushed the bully powerfully, making him slam against the wall opposite to where Taehyung was. Because of the impact, the bully laid unconscious on the ground.”

“Maybe it was a coincidence or Taehyung had bad luck but a teacher saw him nevertheless. He was sent to the principal’s office. He was scolded. Even if he did try to defend himself, no one believed the truth he spouted. After that encounter, the bullies were harder on him.”

“That’s when Taehyung realized something. Maybe he was too soft. Maybe he cared too much. Or maybe he turned insane because of time in that school. Whatever it was, he was to blame for killing his family.”

Taehyung snapped his fingers and his grin grew wider. “Oh, that story’s a good one!” He breathed in and looked at us one by one. “You see, it was vacation time at Taehyung’s last year in high school. He was with his family. They were complete. There were his mother, his father and his younger brother. His parents were praising his brother, as usual. You know how parents are. They favour the older sibling more and keep on comparing.”

“Taehyung knew he was stronger than that blasted brother of his. He was the one who stopped their hyung years back. He was the one who killed the eldest one. He was more powerful. He couldn’t be stopped by anyone.”

“Taehyung was getting annoyed by how noisy they were. Do you know what he did?” Taehyung raised his hands and his nails grew sharper. His eyes glinted in bloody red. A twisted smile stayed on his lips. “He clutched on his parents’ vocal cords and tore them off. He was laughing as he did that. His laughter resonated through the whole home. His brother whimpered, asking for mercy but his death was far more gruesome than what he did to his parents.”

“I’d prefer not to elaborate what Taehyung did since we have a lady in the room. Anyway, the important thing was they were dead. They were gone. Taehyung was happy. He was really happy. And so, he went to Seoul since he knew he’ll be wanted for the murder of his family. That’s when I met father and everything went extraordinary after that,” Taehyung clasped his hands before going to where he was seated.

Jungkook looked uneasy. It was like he didn’t want to talk in front of us. He held my hand tighter. I knew he was nervous. “I’m not sure… if you’ll…” I shook my head and held his face. “I love you, Jungkook. Whatever your past is, I’ll accept you. I can never leave you. You, along with the other boys, are my life. You can do it,” I told him.

Suga scoffed. “Come on. Don’t be a wuss. The faster you tell us, the more time we have to tell Sujin about who she really is,” he said. I nodded. “He’s right. Come on, oppa,” I encouraged him. Jungkook sighed before standing up but he didn’t let go of my hand. Taehyung laughed a bit before tearing our hands apart. “You started in this world alone, Jungkook. You lived so long alone. I think you can tell us about your life alone too,” he said.

Jungkook glared at Taehyung. “You’re welcome, brat,” he chimed with a smile. Jungkook looked at them one by one, starting with father. The last one he stared at was me. He looked at me with sadness tinted in his eyes. It was as if he was scared I might judge him.

“I was the youngest one in my family. Hence, I was the one who was envisioned with a bright future. My parents saw the strength I possess at such a young age. Whenever I spar with hyung, I always won. Everyone in my family thought I was perfect. I mean, the Jeon Family has a perfect reputation. We were rich for one. No one in our family has ever been killed by a hunter. Everyone feared us for our power.”

“But it came to the point I had my own plans for myself. I rebelled against my parents. I didn’t come home until it was late for a vampire. I murdered anyone, unlike my family who only killed the best blood. I mingled with humans. I sustained relationships with them. My life had no direction because of the tight grip my parents had on me.”

Jungkook looked at me intently. He was careful to pick his words. “I met a girl, a human girl when I was in high school. She was beautiful. She was persistent. She was intrigued by me and she wanted to know me better. It was a regretful thing to even let her talk to me. I should’ve killed her earlier. If I did, I wouldn’t have fallen in love with her.”

“We were lovers for a while, not until my family knew about this outrageous act I was doing. If other vampires came to knowledge about this, they would see the only weakness the Jeon family had. Hyung threatened her, telling her the truth about what I was but I didn’t know. She called me up, telling me that she wanted to see me. And we broke up just like that. But I didn’t let her go easily. She knew what I was. She might tell the hunters. I was forced to kill her. Sad thing too, I wanted to make her immortal.”

“Sujin… Don’t worry. She’s long dead. And the person I love, the only person I can love right now is you. She didn’t accept what I was. I forgot all about her. I only love you. I’m afraid that you might leave me for your mate though.”

“Yah, no shameless flirting!”