Childish

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

I was having a peaceful time outside of the building when I heard Suho calling my name desperately. I looked down upon the younger and raised an eyebrow. “What is it?” I asked, obviously pissed. I seldom have time for myself these days. Ever since the twins were born, their parents always left them with me so time by myself was really refreshing.

“It’s Xiumin-hyung and Sehun,” he answered, distress coating his voice. He sounded smaller than he usually sounds. Usually, Suho is arrogant and really sadistic. He doesn’t care if the others hurt themselves or others as long as he isn’t in the fight. He hates losing. That was the typical Suho. He wouldn’t consult me about anything. If Kris convinces him, sure, he’ll come crawling to me for help.

“What about them? If it’s about Xiumin losing Sehun in the city again, I am sure Sehun can find his way back,” I said, relaxing my back on the tree trunk. “That is not half of what I’m worried about and that’s not it, hyung,” Suho bit his lower lip, furrowing his eyebrows together. “Then what is it?” I asked.

“They’re fighting,” he said urgently. I raised an eyebrow and a smirk was threatening to come out. Xiumin and Sehun fighting? I doubt that ever happening but this is interesting. What could the two fight about? I mean, we’ve been together for who knows how long and fights are bound to happen but Sehun and Xiumin weren’t really the fighting types.

I jumped down the branch I was resting on and landed on my feet. I was sort of shocked of Suho’s appearance since his hair was all messed up and his clothes were sort of burnt up. “Chanyeol tried joining in the fight and I had to stop him,” Suho explained, completely reading my mind. “Let’s go. We fairly know you’re the only person who can stop those two from fighting more. The twins are already crying,” he said, leading the way.

I pocketed my hands and looked around. The last time the two fought was when Sehun stole Xiumin’s dumplings and that was when we were children, a few years after the Seoul Tragedy. I wonder what the others were trying to do. Knowing Chanyeol, like Suho said, he’ll surely join in the fight along with Kai. Those two are always causing trouble after all.

MiYeon might be gazing and hushing her children and Chen might be trying to cheer up the kids. Lay would be in a safe distance, trying to heal every wound and scratch those two would inflict on each other. Kris might be the one who told Suho to try and find me. Tao isn’t even home so no one could be panicking.

When we entered the building, I saw the two panting and each was on the opposite sides of the room. Xiumin’s frost covered his part of the room and Sehun had leaves, maybe those entered when he was using his wind. “Because of you, she’s afraid of us again,” Xiumin growled. “She hates us more. She hates and fears us again,” he added, narrowing his eyes on the younger.

“It’s not my fault! She attacked me first, hyung!” Sehun defended himself. Xiumin then tackled, forming an ice ball in his right hand and maybe, planning to hit Sehun’s stomach but the younger managed to dodge it and land behind Xiumin. Sehun used his winds as a whip and wrapped Xiumin’s neck with it.

“You see, the first one to attack was Xiumin,” Kris said when he noticed our presence. “Why would he even? It’s illogical to start a fight at such a crucial hour,” I said in a bitter tone. Kris shrugged. “It’s about a girl, not sure which though. But seeing how hyung gets so hyped up, I think it’s the hunter,” he continued. “Yes, that’s a rational reason,” I raised one of my hands and the winds and frost suddenly stopped moving.

Xiumin and Sehun turned their heads to me and I saw hatred and anger in their eyes. “Get out of this fight, Lu-ge/hyung. This is none of your business,” they said in unison. I rolled my eyes and went near the two. I raised both of my hands and then raised them sidewards, slamming the two to opposite walls. “Tell me the cause of your childish bickering or you’ll be stuck there until our twins meet their mates,” I said strictly.

Xiumin just looked down with a frown, obviously pissed off I was doing this to him. Sehun looked up and then glared at Xiumin. I am sure these two are shocked I didn’t give them special treatment. I admit I usually do but they disturbed my relax time and no one disturbs my relax time.

“He almost killed Rae! And he’s even blaming her!”

Xiumin almost screamed. I rolled my eyes. “Why do you even care about that? Then we have one less hunter to worry about,” I told him. “See, hyung?” Sehun said, victory filling the tone of his voice. “But think about it. If he almost killed a hunter, all of the other hunters will surely try to kill us. You know how protective Jonghyun is with his sister, right?” Xiumin said, concern filling his voice.

“I doubt that’s your main reason,” Chanyeol butted into the conversation. Xiumin raised an eyebrow. “And what do you know?” He hissed. Chanyeol chose to ignore Xiumin’s childish behaviour and glanced at me. “Hyung, I guess you found all the signs and clues to tell that your guess is right, hm?” He said. I slowly nodded.

I slowly lowered one of my arms, making Sehun slam on the floor, trying to breathe. “How did she attack you?” I asked as I turned my head to him. Baekhyun assisted Sehun in standing up and soon, the younger wolf looked at me in the eyes. “Her eyes were red, hyung. She had claws and sharp canine teeth but Xiumin-hyung won’t believe me,” he shared.

I looked at Xiumin who was speechless. He stayed silent as he stared on the floor. “She’s a hunter. It’s impossible for her to be a wolf, Lu-ge. You know that. I know you do,” he desperately said, trying to convince himself more than trying to convince me. “You know Sehun never lies to me, Xiumin. And the evidence presented themselves already. I’m sure Rae was unaware of her actions and Jonghyun… Ah, that man might’ve had known this might happen,” I slowly lowered my other arm.

“Someone surely triggered that then. It’s impossible for Sehun to trigger that side of hers,” I said as I tapped my finger on my lips. “I saw her near the twins’ school one day. Maybe someone from there triggered it?” Chen suggested. “But who?” Kai asked.

“Aish… Vampires are such pests. I am sure that leech did it so I had other things to think off aside from his girlfriend.”

“I think it’s a smart choice,” MiYeon chimed, hugging her daughter tightly. “Isn’t this another issue to deal with? Maybe you could show them how higher you are compared to them, that we are not just mere pups,” she added, burying her face in Siyeon’s head. “Uhn, Umma is right, Uncle! Show those stupid leeches who’s boss!” Minwoo made a combat pose.

I massaged my temples. A headache was threatening to come. I swear that vampire will pay for making my life more miserable than it already is.