Difficult Questions

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

My eyes shifted from left to right, repeatedly turning my head towards the two beings in front of me. It was funny to see them, knowing Jungkook hated my guts. He was wearing this black jacket over a grey shirt and he had black pants. He was really into the black look. On the other hand, his companion who I knew as V was wearing a plain white shirt and he was wearing jeans.

I raised an eyebrow before accepting the fact the two weren’t going to engage on anything violent with me. “Don’t worry. We’re taking care of her,” V said with a smile on his face. “She’s happier with us,” Jungkook added before glaring at me.

“I noticed that but she’s safer with us,” I told him. Jungkook rolled his eyes. V only giggled like a child. “Your queen is in good hands, Luhan. This game won’t be that fun if something goes completely wrong, would it?” I didn’t trust V more than I didn’t trust Jungkook. There was this certain thing in his voice that made me sure he wasn’t the type to be messed with.

“You think this is all a game? I never thought I would find anyone who agrees with me,” I said with a smirk. “But Sujin is our queen, V. She was on our side first,” I added. “On your side?” Jungkook broke into an ironic laugh. “She was always afraid of you, Luhan. Remember that. She never sided with you. She was always against you. She always wanted you to rot in hell,” he said with a teasing smile.

“You don’t know anything, Jungkook. She lived with us even before she knew you existed,” I snapped. “And when she knew we existed, she doesn’t know you are still walking on this earth. Actually, she never knew you existed in the first place!” Jungkook practically put his hands in the air because of frustration.

“Jungkook,” V strictly said before pulling Jungkook’s arm. “Is that all you have to say? I’m a busy person, leeches,” I growled. “As if, I know you don’t work like MiYeon or her mate,” Jungkook scoffed. “I know why he’s busy, maknae. Wolves usually act like children so he’s the babysitter!” V exclaimed and chuckled a little bit.

I rolled my eyes but before I could tell him how wrong he was, Kris hurried to me. “Sorry for disturbing you but Luhan, Xiumin and Sehun are fighting again,” he said in a serious tone. I groaned. When I looked at the two vampires again, they were snickering. “What were you going to say? Anyways, we need to leave. Unlike you dogs, we work for a living so we can sustain a luxurious lifestyle and avoid living in a dump like this,” Jungkook said and went off with V.

Kris then lead me towards the deep part of the forest near the building. His strides were long, so I had to hurry my steps. When he stopped, I looked over his shoulder and saw Xiumin and Sehun panting in the middle of a tree-less part of the forest. The surrounding shrubs and trees were either frozen or blown away.

There was this kind of hurricane swirling around Sehun while Xiumin had shards of ice surrounding him. They were obviously tired but they knew if one backs down, the other wins the fight. Kris nodded in my direction and I stepped in the middle of their battle.

“This does not involve you, Luhan. Go away,” Xiumin growled. “Get away, hyung. This is between me and Xiumin-hyung,” Sehun said as he clutched his fists, ready to attack when I step out of the battling area. “I won’t,” I sternly said, looking at both of them alternately.

“What the hell happened that you two can’t survive a day battling each other and almost killing each other?”  I snarled. “We vowed to protect one another and never intend to kill anyone. We’re the men of the pack, we’re not here to cause trouble for those who are in our pack but to help each other out. Remember several years ago? When Sujin was still here? We all fought together and not each other.”

I gave out a sigh. “Is this what emotions do? If that’s the case, I’m glad I don’t have a heart to pity others or to plant any grudges on the members of this pack,” I continued. “Ever since Sujin was gone, you try so hard to keep us together,” Xiumin spoke. “You let your emotions get the best of you, Luhan. You put up this prideful act only to return with blood smeared on your hands. You don’t have a heart?” Xiumin laughed cruelly.

“Why didn’t you kill that mate of yours when you had the chance?”

Sujin’s POV

Suga was on my right, composing a song on the spot. This was his way of relieving his stress. And anyone could be stressed when you have to deal with Jimin and Hoseuk during their sugar rushes. Jin was currently with those two, calming them down. Meanwhile, Namjoon was talking to father, per usual.

Taehyung and Jungkook left earlier and they didn’t tell us why. They’ve been gone for a few hours already. “Don’t worry. Kook’s not the type to cheat on you,” Suga muttered. I nodded. “I know,” I said as I lifted my head towards the TV.

It was some drama teenagers are addicted to. According to the reviews I’ve read, it was accurate and really, close to life. But my life was not close to it. The lead wasn’t adopted like I was. The lead remembered her past, unlike me. The lead knew who she was and what she was. I wasn’t really sure of who I am now.

I clutched on the cross as I put it near my chest. “You’ve been treasuring that cross these days. Don’t tell me you’re going to be a nun, Kook would get heartbroken,” Suga joked with a poker face. He was always like this. He was lazy after all, too lazy to even express any emotion. I opened my mouth to speak but Namjoon entered the living room.

He had a grim expression on his face. He was paler than usual, even whiter than Suga and that’s saying something. He slowly moved towards me and said in a cold tone,” Sujin, go to your room. I have to talk to Suga in private.” I was about to protest but Suga gave me a look that told me to follow what the leader said. I only nodded and obediently went upstairs.

And I stayed at the nearest corridor there so I can hear what they’re talking about.

“It’s hard to lie to her like this,” Suga said. I heard Namjoon flop down on the couch and sigh. “But we have no clue how hard it is for Jungkook. You know how much the lad loves her,” the younger said. “We have to follow father’s orders. We don’t know what might happen. You know what happened to Block B before,” Namjoon added after clearing his throat.

Block B? Who… I’ve never heard of them before but with Namjoon’s tone, it sounded like BTS and Block B were close.

Suga sighed and I heard tapping on his keyboard. “It’s unavoidable. They rebelled. They knew what was coming but they still went against father,” he said. “Still, that was so cruel. Block B…” I heard Namjoon hit his face. “Don’t pity on anyone. Father taught us that. Follow his orders and we’ll live in the heaven we’ve wished,” Suga calmly said.

“What are you doing?”

I jumped from shock but I was relieved to see Jin behind me. He was holding a tray with empty glasses of water and milk. “I was about to visit Jimin-oppa and Hoseuk-oppa,” I lied. But Jin was so oblivious and naïve that he didn’t notice I did. “Jinjja? But they’re sleeping already. They tired themselves out. I knew it was a bad idea to let them eat that much chocolate and candy canes,” Jin said as he gently smiled at me.

“You could come with me if you want. It’s pretty lonely with those two sleeping and with the maknae duo out,” Jin suggested as he went ahead of me. I nodded and followed him. When Suga and Namjoon noticed our presence, they went silent. Suga’s vision went back to the laptop screen while Namjoon only waved at Jin.

When we entered the kitchen, Jin placed the tray near the sink and then faced me. “I know you were eavesdropping on Suga and Namjoon. What did you hear?” My heart fell when I heard his question. But I knew it was no use, knowing Jin as a stubborn oppa.

“I heard about Block B. Who are they?” I asked. Jin just smiled a bit before turning his back on me, cleaning the glasses. “They’re close friends of ours. We grew up near to each other before they were… punished by father,” Jin’s voice became sadder but his smile didn’t fade.

“Block B, they were like us. They were outcasts but they were talented people. They could dance, sing and rap. They were fun to be with,” he sighed. “What did father do?” I said after gasping. Jin shook his head then he shrugged. “No one’s sure except for Jungkook, Namjoon and V,” Jin answered.

“Hey, oppa, can I ask a question?” I almost hesitated on speaking. Jin looked at me with gentle eyes and nodded slowly. “Of course you can, Sujin. What is it?”

“What… Who am I? Why can’t I remember anything from my past?”