Lost Life

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

My eyes were glued on father as he coughed to catch our attention. While I was smothered by Jungkook’s kisses on my cheek, my mind could only focus on one thing, more so one question. Who am I? Who are those wolves? What did my past hide from me? Of course, I knew father knew all of this. The other boys only knew bits and pieces of my past but not the whole deal.

“Sujin, I haven’t been completely honest with you,” father said. “I’ve been hiding a lot, even hiding who I am from you. I am not a vampire, like you would think I am because I kept these kids. I am a wolf. I am Kim Youngmin and I am related with Lee Soo Man. I am also part of your pack, the pack you were born in. I saw you grow up into a fine lady even after the tragedy.”

His voice was soft, not the usual hard tone I got used to. Even the others were surprised on how gentle he can get. “You see, you were the granddaughter of one of the most dangerous wolves in history, Lee Soo Man. He provoked the Seoul Tragedy. A lot of wolves died to defend themselves. EXO, your last pack, was a collection of wolves who were victims of this tragedy.”

“There was no safe place for a wolf if you weren’t so strong. You were just a child after the tragedy so Soo Man, when he was sane, sealed your powers. He sent you to a family, your mother did the direct deed before she died. He knew you were dangerous. You were naïve and clueless about how the world was for a wolf. You lived in peace all your life.”

“Living as a normal human, your brain ran differently. You had humanity planted in your brain but you acted differently than people around you. Because of that, you were an outcast. People treated you so differently that you fell into a depressive state. You would silently curse those who bullied you until one night, that one night you killed your first victim.”

“You them into a black hole and let them face their deepest fears. You enjoyed their destruction as you played with their lives. But once sanity hit you, they were already dead. You escaped though. You were able to escape and those women were considered missing, their corpses never found. The thought bothered you for a while but your mind soon made a barricade, making everything feel like a nightmare. You lived on without the guilt.”

“Soon after, Luhan came and took you away from your human household. Your foster parents were alright with that. You were considered only trouble to them and EXO paid them a lot of money to shut up. Luhan and another wolf took you to that abandoned building where you didn’t really last long.”

“You met the other wolves, there were 12 of them. They were all men with different powers and different charms but you didn’t consider them blessings to society, not like other girls in your school. You considered them curses, except for maybe two of them because they were the kindest to you. Soon, a she-wolf came and trouble started stirring.”

“Your cousin, Sunny, she was turned over to another pack. They were called SNSD. The luna of SNSD, Taeyeon, was the cousin of another member in EXO, Baekhyun. SNSD was also the pack of Choi MiYeon, now Kim Miyeon, when she was escaping EXO’s wrath for an incident that happened years back that costed a member’s mate.”

“Your wolf awakened at that time. A lot of lives lost, especially for SNSD. They almost got you. They almost killed you to be precise but Soo Man didn’t let that happen and he sent you to me. He told me to make you have the normal life you lacked. And so I did, I let you go to college. I gave you these brothers and this young man right here as your lover.”

Father looked down, contemplating on what to say. “But I guess, the past would always bother us no matter where we go.”

Jungkook held me as I felt my body weaken. My breaths were quickening. “That’s normal. The rush of memories is usually overwhelming,” Namjoon casually said. Jungkook shot a glare at father and then my hair. “Are you alright? Do you need water or anything? I can run to the kitchen for you,” he said. I just nuzzled my face against his chest.

“I’m alright. I just need to go to my room,” I whispered. Jungkook nodded. He was strong enough to carry me on his back. I could smell his perfume from there. “Jungkook, what if I leave you? Wolves were made with mates and I’ve heard Luhan…” My voice drifted off. At first, Jungkook was silent. “I don’t know. I love you so much, jagi. If you left me… I…” He wasn’t able to continue.

I rested my head against his back. “I’ll never leave you, I promise. I can’t imagine myself with anyone else but you,” I closed my eyes. “I hope what you’re saying is true,” Jungkook muttered.

Luhan’s POV

“I wonder if she knows the truth already,” Xiumin suddenly said when the twins left us. I shrugged. “It would be wiser if she never knew,” I said. “Wiser? How so? I mean, what if her wolf awakens?” Xiumin asked me. “If she’s left clueless about her past, that wolf has a lower chance of waking up. I’m just unsure about the chances of her having flashbacks. And those vampires… they’re unpredictable,” I explained.

“Unpredictable? Hm, you can call them that,” Xiumin relaxed his back against the cemented wall. “Those vampires, Sujin grew on them. They fell in love for her in a sisterly sense. And I guess, that’s what their boss wanted to happen. Luhan, I think I have a clue on who Soo Man gave Sujin to,” Xiumin added. I raised my eyebrows.

“Nugu?” I asked. “Do you remember that man Soo Man became close with? Kim Youngmin? I have a nice guess he’s the one who kept Sujin all to himself,” Xiumin answered. “That is a possibility. Didn’t he survive the tragedy?” I said. “Sure, he did. And he must’ve earned a fortune to be able to house vampires. You know they live in luxury,” Xiumin said before chuckling.

“Reminds me, where is Baekhyun? I ordered him to collect information about the vampires,” I asked, looking around. A beam of light suddenly shot into the room through the window. Xiumin and I peeped through and saw Baekhyun showing off his skills to Mae. I scoffed. “I wonder how Chanyeol would be if he gets his mate,” I muttered.

“I’m sure he’ll be so confused once that happens,” Xiumin laughed. I whistled to call Baekhyun’s attention. “Ya, Byun Baekhyun, where are the information I asked for?” I called out. “Just a second, Luhan,” Baekhyun shouted before winking at Mae and patting her shoulder. He then ran to the window and jumped into the room.

“Here they are,” Baekhyun dug through the stack of papers we have at a corner. They were our books and notebooks, back when we were still studying for high school and college. Reminds me, why haven’t Chanyeol burned them? “The only vague profiles there are for that guy calling himself V and J-Hope,” Baekhyun said as he handed them to me. “Give some credits to me. It was hard researching about those freaks,” he broke into a chuckle before running out again to flirt with Mae.

I glanced at the first folder. A frown formed on my face.

JEON JUNGKOOK