Doubts

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Sujin’s POV

I quickly sat up as I panted. That was such a horrible nightmare. Jungkook, V… all of them had blood-red eyes and sharp teeth, like of a monster’s. And Mr. Han, along with Siyeon and Minwoo’s parents, had furry arms and their faces slowly turned into like of a wolf’s.

That can’t be real. Those creatures are all myths. Aside from that, everyone around me is normal. We’re all humans here. If Jungkook, or any one of the other people were different, I’m sure I’ve noticed. I’m not naïve after all.

“But you are,” a voice from the mirror across me said. I stared at it intently and furrowed my eyebrows. Who said that? “Me,” the voice said it again. She had the same voice as me and when I narrowed my eyes, I noticed I was the one talking through the mirror.

“How is this…”

“I’m not sure how to explain but the important thing is it is happening, honey.”

The voice was more honey-coated than my usual tone. Whenever I talk in that persona, there was another glint in my eyes. My happiness, contentment turn into lust and hunger for blood. “Who are you?” My voice trembled at the question.

The woman in the mirror tilted her head and pointed her face. “Me? I’m you. I’m Sujin, like you. I am exactly you, just a tad better,” she smiled at me. I just noticed she wasn’t controlling my body anymore and instead, she was projecting her image into my reflection.

“How can..?”

She shrugged. “Oh dear, I’m hearing footsteps. Don’t tell them about me if you want to stay long on this earth,” and with that, the reflection went back to normal. I was staring at myself in the mirror and the reflection copied everything I did. Whoever that was, I have a feeling she was telling the truth but something’s stopping me from remembering everything.

“Sujin?” Jungkook slammed the door open, exposing him all dressed up for the day. “Why aren’t you dressed up? It’s Sunday! We’ll go horseback riding!” He energetically told me with his ever-bright smile. I didn’t respond to him at first, still dazed about what happened. What if I was turning crazy?

First, it was the phone call last night.

Now, it’s this girl who looks exactly like me in the mirror but I know I wasn’t the one making those movements.

Jungkook sat beside me and tucked my hair behind my ear. I bit my lower lip. “Oppa, are you hiding anything from me?” I asked. Jungkook looked surprised but he softened his look on me. “I can never hide anything from me, jagiya. Didn’t I promise I’ll always tell you everything?” He covered my ears and moved my head so my forehead would touch his.

“Are you doubting anything now, jagiya?”

“I am not sure.”

Jungkook sighed before releasing a soft chuckle. “If that’s the case, would you prefer us not to go out today?” He asked. He was always this sweet man I fell in love with. It was never hard to fall in love with Jungkook. He was warm and sweet and he thinks of me before anything. Sometimes, I would scold him because his safety and wants are important but he never listened to me.

I shook my head and held his hands. His hands were always so cold and he always looked pale but he acted as if he was healthy. “I’m fine. Just give me a few minutes, I’ll be down. Sorry for making you wait,” I mumbled. He pecked me on the lips and smiled oh-so-sweetly at me.

“Take your time. We all understand.”

When he closed the door, I laid my back on the bed again and sighed deeply. I’m so silly doubting Jungkook. He can never hide anything from him. His eyes were sincere. His entire being was sincere. How can I have an ounce of doubt?

That cross holds the key to it.”

I stared at the silver cross on my desk. Does it hold the key to the answers of my questions? Whenever I try to ask father, he will always dodge my question. I tried asking Jin and Suga a few times but they said they didn’t know. Even Namjoon, who was father’s favourite, didn’t have a clue what my past is. I closed my eyes and tried to bring back any memories.

But the usual darkness was purging when I close them.

I went down and found the boys doing their usual fooling around. Jimin was on Hoseuk’s back while Taehyung was on Jungkook’s. Namjoon was acting like the referee of the game while Jin and Suga were placing their bets who would win. But the commotion ended when they noticed my presence. Taehyung ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

But instead of the usual good morning I got used to, he whispered something mysterious into my ear:

“Act like your role, my queen. You wouldn’t want your knights to find out what lurks within that dark heart of yours.”

Jungkook hissed as he notice the time Taehyung spent hugging me. When the older let me go, he bowed a few times before teasing Jungkook that he was jealous. While acting as if nothing just happened, I thought about what he said. What does he mean by queen? I’m nothing close to a queen and a dark heart? I doubt having that.

I mean, I try to be as nice as possible. I don’t have a short temper. I try to give when I’m able. I’m kind to every kid I teach. What kind of darkness did he pertain to?

Jimin clung to me while Jungkook intertwined his fingers with mine. Oh yeah, horseback riding. But I am pretty sure I wasn’t in the mood. I’d prefer to ask Taehyung more of what he knows. He may look dumb but he knows more than all of BTS.

Even more than Jin and Suga sometimes.

Luhan’s POV

I blankly looked at Lay as he assisted Chanyeol in standing up. Chanyeol started a fight with Xiumin earlier and now, his legs were frozen. Luckily, Lay was able to give some sense into them after Chanyeol melted the ice.

“Lay, where have you been these past few days?” I asked when Chanyeol already ran off to who knows where. “Here, the café, the usual,” he timidly asked as he took the vase he always carried with him and he played with the flower.

“I’m sure you’re lying.”

“I am not, hyung.”

“Tell me the truth.”

“I am.”

I was done with being gentle and I slightly raised him. “Do you want to mess with me, Zhang Yixing?” I raised an eyebrow. “Why do I always have to report to you what I do? We’re not your slaves, hyung!” Lay said as he held his collar and tried to catch his breath.

“I never…” I sighed and let him down. “You know it’s a dangerous time for all of us, Lay. Now, tell me, where did you go? What did you do?” I asked. Lay bit his lower lip before answering me.

“Keeping her safe.”

I glared at him as he answered my question. I slid my hand and let his vase fly to the wall, crashing into pieces. “Didn’t I say to avoid her?” My voice was as cold as ever. He flinched at my tone. “I don’t… want to get her into this mess so I’m making sure,” he mumbled. “I saw how much she hated this place, how much he hated Kai, me, the whole pack, especially you,” he added before looking at me with those angelic eyes.

“I know how much she hated this place but this was where she was the safest years ago,” I stated. Lay shook his head. “If we never interrupted her life back then, she might’ve even finished college! She might’ve been able to live like any other human like she wanted… like I wanted,” Lay said as he wiped his eyes.

“She will someday discover her powers you know. She already did when we met her. We only made her stronger and more able to control it,” I said as I reclined my back on the rest of the chair. “Still, still…” He held his head and tried to not hear me. “Face it, Lay. We’re all doomed. Even I wanted a normal life but I accepted this fate I have. You’re not any different,” I stood up before going to the door.

“And make sure to never come near her again. If I ever catch you… I don’t know what I might do.”