Reveal the Truth

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

Namjoon stared at his father as he stared at the pictures in the album. “She’s awakening,” he reported. Father shook his head and frowned. “I knew the time was near but I never expected her to act that fast,” he said. Namjoon crossed his arms and thought about it. The first time Namjoon ever saw that girl was her first night as a clueless ‘human’. Father brought her in and here she was, still looking the same but she knew things that were supposed to be unknown.

“Tell her the truth about you.”

Namjoon stepped back because of the sudden and outrageous command father mentioned. “What? Telling her the truth would only make things messier, father. And Jungkook would surely go against this!” Namjoon tried to put some sense into his father’s brain. “Do you think Jungkook is brave enough to confront me about my decisions? Even if it is about his girlfriend, I don’t care at all. Namjoon, you know I only want the best for her and the best for her now is for the truth to be revealed,” father said, turning his back on his ‘son’.

“To what extent is that truth?” Namjoon asked. “What you are, what she is, what your pasts are and what her past is to begin with. She would be the one to judge if she should still trust you. If not then, we have to show her what place she has in this house of mine,” father answered.

“Then your command will be done, father.”

“Take me where my past began,” Sujin commanded Taehyung who was observing Jin and Jungkook cook lunch. The boys got used to acting human in front of her. They didn’t need food but they have to appeal to Sujin that they’re human even if the girl was close to solving their mysteries.

Taehyung just chuckled before glancing at the two men. “Are you sure?” He asked as he turned back to the lady. Sujin paused for a moment and nodded. “I am sure. I’m strong enough to handle this,” she said. Taehyung shook his head and reclined his back on the chair. “I’m sure your boyfriend thinks otherwise,” he said as he closed his eyes.

“V,” Sujin sternly said. “Oppa, have some respect,” Taehyung reminded her. “I must know. Come on. It’ll make things easier for me,” Sujin whined, but her voice was low enough for Jungkook not to hear her. “Easier for you but more difficult for us, dear,” Taehyung said. “I can’t believe… so this is how you really are,” Sujin said as hung open.

Taehyung shook his head and stood up. He offered his hand to the lady. “I was just messing with you. You know that I can’t say no to my best friend’s girlfriend,” he snickered. Sujin looked at Jungkook for one last time before taking Taehyung’s hand.

“When we return, I’ll be someone different… and Jungkook would surely be shocked to find out about my true self.”

“Aren’t we all going to be?”

Taehyung brought Sujin to somewhere that was even forgotten by the Sujin that disappeared years ago. It was an abandoned street. Not that abandoned, there were a few people living there. Sujin had furrowed eyebrows as she looked around. The place was familiar and the feeling was nostalgic.

“Where are we?” Sujin asked but Taehyung was too absorbed to get to who-knows-where. After a few more minutes of walking, Taehyung stopped by a door. “Someone’s past always begins in his or her home. We, supernatural beings, are not exceptions. I am sure you are aware of what you are,” he explained.

Sujin nodded. “A she-wolf,” she answered. “Good,” Taehyung slowly slipped the key from his pocket into the doorknob. “Where did you get that?” Sujin asked. “I was assigned to know everything about you and that includes going through your old home aside from the one with your last pack,” Taehyung said as he opened the door.

“Go in,” he commanded her and she nodded, slowly walking into the old home. The house didn’t appear as if it was abandoned for so long, aside from the dusty shelves and what-nots. They walked into a bedroom with pink striped wallpaper. There was also a pink bed with Sleeping Beauty as its cover.

“This was the only home unharmed by the Seoul Tragedy,” Taehyung began. “And in that tragedy, your parents died, most of your kind died. You were taken away and left behind by Lee Soo Man. Does the name ring a bell?”

Luhan’s expression changed when he heard what Suho told him. He was shocked. “Taeyeon is alive? How can you be so sure?” He asked. Suho shook his head. “I saw her talking to Sunny. Sunny remembers her past, Luhan. What can we do?” Suho said in distress.

“Calm down, Suho. This is not how you usually act,” Luhan told him. Suho shrugged. “It’s not his fault he’s panicking. I have a clue who’s got her,” MiYeon said as she crossed her arms. “And who do you think it might be?” Luhan asked, raising an eyebrow at the lady. The she-wolf smirked and laughed softly. “He’s closer than you think, Luhan. You know him more than any of us do. He knows you more than we do,” MiYeon took a few steps, circling Luhan.

“Get on with it,” Suho growled. MiYeon shook her head. “Are men this stupid?” She looked at Luhan. “He’s still alive and well, Luhan. He survived the Seoul Tragedy and he’s out to get you, to get everyone who went against him when he wanted to be the alpha wolf. You are connected to Lee Soo Man. And Sujin’s related to him, making you two the best targets for him,” she explained.

“Mama!” Minwoo ran into the room, carrying Siyeon on his back. “Mama, there were wolves beating up, Siyeon and she’s really weak!” He cried. MiYeon’s expression darkened. She knelt to meet eyes with her son. “Call Uncle Lay and tell him about this. He’ll heal her in no time,” she held his face with concern in her eyes.

“Baby, you need to be more careful. We are a hated pack and no one wants us alive. We are hated wolves joined together in this pack for safety,” she warned him. Minwoo nodded. “Uncles are not bad, Mama and Papa are not bad. Those bad women…”

Luhan paused. “Women?” He asked. “She-wolves, Uncle. She-wolves,” Minwoo said, fear marked on his face. “Let’s talk about this later. Rush your sister to Lay. Quick!” MiYeon ordered and Minwoo ran out. MiYeon slowly stood up and a blood-thirsty smirk appeared on her face.

“Those creatures, beasts, can try to hurt anyone but once they lay a hand on my children or on Jongdae, hell will break loose. Taeyeon and Yoora are alive and they’re out to get each one of us. It’s better if we kill them while they’re still showing themselves.”

“I knew Chanyeol’s sister would get into this mess. We’ll try to find them this Saturday while the children are out with Chen. Suho, you watch over Lay and Sehun. They’re too unpredictable.”