Decisions

Their Fragile Hearts (Their Powers Sequel)

When Sujin finally rested in Jungkook’s arms, Jungkook decided to escape and face Luhan himself. The others shouldn’t know about this. He needed to exterminate Luhan to have Sujin all to himself. He knew the fact that Sujin and Luhan were mates couldn’t be changed but at least, if Luhan was dead, no one could interfere with the relationship he had with her.

“I think you shouldn’t continue with your plan,” Jimin appeared by the stairs with his smirk on his face. He was wearing a long-sleeved button down shirt with a necktie on his neck and office pants . Jimin, aside from being a dance instructor, was a reporter at night. He was able to control his thirst of blood years ago. And he was kind of on a diet. He wanted to be slim to impress his ladies.

“And why do you think so? And why should I listen to you? You’re not the smartest vampire in the group,” Jungkook hissed. Jimin shook his head at the younger.

“Simply because I’m older than you. We have that kind of culture here, Jungkook. And I’ve been in the world longer than you have. I know how rash actions could have massive consequences,” Jimin reasoned before going to the living room. “I don’t doubt your feelings for Sujin. Those must be the sincerest thing about you but think about it, Jungkook. If you kill or even harm Luhan, I think Sujin would feel the same pain, maybe less than a half percent but most likely the same pain. They’re mates after all.”

“Jimin, you don’t understand a thing about this. Yes, I know how much pain Sujin would go through. I know as hell she’ll prefer to die than to survive that pain. But did you ever think of this haunting thought that Sujin might return to her pack? That she might reunite with her mate? I don’t want that. I’d prefer to die than to have her in somebody else’s arms,” Jungkook said with dominance in his voice.

“You’re only thinking of your sake, Jungkook!” Jimin’s voice slightly went louder. “We’ve been thinking of her sake for these past years. We’ve been thinking on how to protect her, to avoid getting her hurt. Jungkook, we usually don’t agree on anything but Sujin’s safety is our number one priority.”

Jimin paused for a second before holding both of Jungkook’s wrists.

“Jungkook, I swear if I see Sujin cry and tell me to kill her, I will. And you wouldn’t know. Because I wouldn’t want to prolong her suffering, I will kill her if she tells me to. She’s my soft spot, Jungkook. She’s our soft spot and whatever she tells us to do, we will surely do it. We all love her, Jungkook. It’s just you being the selfish one.”

Jimin dropped Jungkook’s wrists and headed to the main door.

“I’m going to work. V hasn’t gone home. I’m gone too. No one can supervise Sujin but the older ones who we all know love Sujin more than you do, Jungkook. And they’ll do the same as I will. Think twice, Jeon Jungkook.”

Jungkook was left there with his love when Jimin slammed the door shut. The night was silent with only Jimin’s words echoing in Jungkook’s head.

“Would she really want to die and leave me?”

 

“Do you understand everything now?” Taehyung asked.

“How did you know all of this? From the point Sujin was a child to the present? You even told me things she never dared to tell us!” Lay moved his upper body closer to Taehyung’s.

“I’ve known her for a while, not as long as Luhan but not as short as yours. I’ve been watching her for a while. She caught me a few times,” Taehyung sighed with a smile on his face. “Luckily, she didn’t remember me every time we met.”

“Would you--?”

“Tell you everything about it?” Taehyung shrugged. “I love talking about myself so why not?”

“I met her the first time when we were both children. It’s a long tale. And because of that, maybe because of her loneliness, she loved being with me. She was always left alone by her friends. She didn’t have a clue what I was,” Taehyung smiled. “And I always preferred it to be like that. I’d prefer her to be clueless than avoid me. You can say I formed a kind of attachment. She was also attached to me.”

“But I did something that changed her whole life.”

 

Sujin slowly woke up from her slumber. It was already morning. She slightly panicked when she couldn’t feel Jungkook’s embrace so she sat up immediately. But she calmed down when she saw her boyfriend resting his head on the couch she was sleeping on. She was glad she was there. He was peacefully sleeping.

Sujin wanted to call Jungkook an angel if he wasn’t a vampire.

Jungkook just looked adorable as he snored lightly. Sujin rubbed her eyes and stared at her boyfriend again. She couldn’t believe she nabbed a perfect guy like him. He may be overly possessive, obsessive even, but that was one of his charms. He was protective of her. He never wanted her hurt. She appreciated that.

Sujin hovered her hand over her chest. The silver cross rested coldly on it. She thought she already threw this cross away but it always seemed to find its way back to her. Sujin stared at Jungkook again. She felt so vulnerable. She knew she was vulnerable. Any time, she could change into someone she was absolutely not. She was scared of that.

Sujin never felt so afraid of herself.

She wanted to come in terms with herself but she knew she’ll only lose. She’ll not only lose her sanity, but everyone around her. She’ll end up like her old man. She’ll kill herself later on, sacrifice it for someone more worthy. She felt like Soo Man’s sacrifice was nothing at that moment. She felt like she couldn’t live the life she was given in a better way. Whatever she did, she’ll be haunted by her cruel past.

“Don’t leave me behind… I love you.”

Sujin was slightly shocked to feel Jungkook’s hand on her hand. She realized how selfish she might’ve sounded. She shouldn’t sacrifice her life. Jungkook should not be left alone. She should be there for him for as long as she could. As long as she was alive, Jungkook was happy. As long as she was by his side, he was contented.

But there were doubts in her mind. Her wolf should not be trusted. She might kill Jungkook. She might murder Sujin’s only love with no second thoughts. Sujin didn’t want Jungkook’s blood on her hands. She knew it was better if she left the vampires alone. She knew it was better if she surrendered to those hunters.

But a chilling voice came from the stairs of their home.

“Your fate’s inevitable, Sujin. Whichever you choose, you’ll have blood on your hands. It’s your choice whose blood though. Starting now, your decisions will affect what will happen to the wolves and to us. We have our lives in your hands.”