Chapter 5

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oppa let's go there, I want to try that streetfood!" Clinging onto his arm, Sunhwa brought him towards the food stall.

 

It was a shame that even when she was older than him, Sunhwa was still calling him 'oppa', and that made Daehyun flinch in disgust. Even Haeri never ever called him that, oh how bad he wanted to hear her calling him 'oppa'. They even had argument about this topic.

 

-Flashback-

Both Daehyun and Haeri were walking through the hallways of the highschool, ready for the next class

 

"Oppa asked me for ice-cream after school! Can you believe that, Dae? Omo, what if I embarrass myself in front of him?"

 

"Yah! How can you call him 'oppa', and not me? You know me for like forever, and him for like what? 1 month or 2?" He whined childishly.

 

"Oh please, I'm never gonna call you that, in fact, you should call me noona, you know?" She gave him cheeky grin. 

 

"And why is that so, my so called noonim?" He raised an eyebrow.

 

"It's because... you act like a kid, and I have to clear every mess you make, whether at home or girl problems." She replied, walking ahead and leaving him sulking there.

 

 

He laughed when he remembered that incident. Sunhwa eyed him curiously, never once she saw him laughing, let alone, smiling. There was nothing funny happening here, so why was he laughing? It's not like she hates that, in fact, she liked this side of him better, so she asked him out of curiosity.

 

Which turned his mood dramatically.

 

"Nothing you've to concern about." Daehyun was aware that he replied her too rudely, but it didn't concern him, she doesn't concern him.

 

She knew better that he wasn't bit interested in her, but still he didn't need to snap at her like that. Sunhwa felt hurt even though she didn't show that on her smiling face, she was a girl with feelings too. But again, being the noona and sunbae she was, she let it pass.

 

The only reason she calls him 'oppa' because boys don't like the girls who handle them like kids. She once considered to make him call her noona, but she didn't know if he'll like that or not.

 

So Hyosung told her to do the otherwise, and now, she wasn't sure if she did it right or wrong. It felt so uncomfortable to call him 'oppa', but what could she possibly do?

 

So much engrossed in her thought, she didn't notice that Daehyun had gone ahead of her. Letting out a tired sigh, she followed suit.

 

 Getting tired from work, Suho shuffled his hands into his pocket for the keys. He thought about skipping dinner tonight, because his energy was completely drained by attending meetings.

 

But the sweet aroma he smelt after opening door told him otherwise. With cautious steps, Suho went towards kitchen to see his girlfriend making dinner while humming a random melody. Suho swiftly launched forward and held her by the waist as she let out surprised shriek.

 

Suho took a deep breath, taking in her addictive fragrance and placed his lips on the side of her neck for a breif moment.

 

"You scared me a while ago..." Haeri murmured, and she let herself stay in his embrace.

 

"You look so beautiful now, love. I feel like keeping you here, for myself, forever... you know that?" He tightened his hold around her.

 

"Are you proposing me? Now?" She chuckled and titled her head to meet his eyes.

 

"Do you think my proposal will be this lame?" Of course not, there were so many romantic scenarios playing in his mind to propose his only girl, which of course, he wasn't not going to tell, or Haeri might really freak out.

 

"I didn't say it's lame. And I don't care about the way you propose to me, as long as I'll spend my life with you." She gave him a sincere smile and tip-toed a little to give a peck on his lips.

 

But just as Haeri was about to pull away, Suho held her closer and deepened the kiss by tilting his head. Just like that, they sealed their promise.

 

However, a burning smell just had to interupt them.

 

"Oh my goodness! Our chicken!" She detached herself to check on the food.

 

"The way to ruin this mood..." He went for freshening with sulky face. Haeri heard his comment and laughed at her boyfriend's facial expression.

 

Dinner was normal for them with their light conversation in between the processes of feeding each other, just like any other couple. 

 

"Can't you stay here?" Suho back-hugged Haeri, when she was ready to go home. 

 

"You know I can't stay. I have work, also, you have to take some rest, hmm?" It was like a mother comforting her child.

 

"But... but-" 

 

"Oppa, now I doubt your manly side, you know?"She snickered,  teasing him.

 

"You just stay here, and I'll show you my manly side, hmm?" He countered, causing her to turn a deep shade of red.

 

"OPPA!" She started hitting his chest as he laughed at her shyness.

 

"Okay, fine, go home. Or shall I drive you there?" He suggested, but she knew better to agree.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter