Chapter 15

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haeri entered her condo, closing the door behind before taking off her heels. She slumped onto the couch, letting out a tired sigh. Her whole day was really exhausting, physically, as well as emotionally. She turned towards the photo frame located right above the coffee table. She leaned forward to pick it up.

 

It was their first picture together, Suho and her. It was taken quite messily, to be honest. A bitter laugh escaped her lips as she remembered the day's incident, when he took a firm stand on taking pictures alone, without anyone’s help. So they put a timer to her camera.

 

Flashback

It was very fine morning for both Haeri and Suho. They woke up at the same time with smile plastered on their face. Haeri reached for clock besides her bed “IT'S PAST EIGHT…!” she screamed and stumbled out from bed, kissing the ground on her way towards the bathroom. “Aish… I’m getting late…!” she closed door with a loud slam.

 

On the side, Suho was getting ready in a calm manner. “No, this will not go with a blue shirt…,” he mumbled, shifting the things in his closet, “Here you are…” he pulled out his favorite jacket. “Now, this looks nice…Oh ! I’m late!” he cursed.

 

Haeri was smiling ear to ear, looking at herself in the mirror with satisfaction. As soon as she heard the doorbell, she looked at herself one last time before rushing to open the door. “Hush… you can do it. Fighting!!” She calmed down and open the door.

 

“Hey…,” they both uttered at the same time.

 

“Um… you go…” they both laughed at their nervousness. Suho held his hand out for her, as she arched her brows questioningly “Son” she smiled softly and put her hand on his. He put his lips on back of her hand while looking at her, her face turned red from blushing.

 

“Ready to go?” she nodded and locked the door behind her.

 

It was their first date. After they patched up from their two year of parting. While asking her out again, he said, “I never knew what love was until I met you, then when distance pulled us apart, I found out what true love is.”

 

It was so sweet that she cried very hard while answering him. They were separated, because he went to the US to further his studies. They tried one year of long distance relationship, but decided that it’d be better to wait until he returns.

 

True to his words, he did ask her out again as soon as he visited her for the first time after three long years.

 

 

The place for a date was a zoo, because both of them loved animals They took so many pictures with help of passerby. The one animal they loved the most was a cute little panda.

 

“We’ll take this picture ourselves, without anyone’s help.” He declared.

 

“But what if it turns out weird oppa?”

 

“It’ll be natural then.” He looked at her worried face and assured her.” Don’t worry, it doesn’t matter. Let’s take our photo now.”

 

The position which Suho thinking was, to peak quickly on Haeri’s cheek. But unfortunately, the same time when was about to kiss her, someone poked him from back, he jumped from his place with wide eyes and shocked face, and he heard flash sound indicating picture was taken.

 

Haeri ran forward looking for how picture was taken, and burst into fits of laughter. “Om... omo… op… oppa... you look… you look so funny…!” she ran out of breath as she choked out the words in between pants of laughter. Suho turned red in embarrassment.

 

She laughed again, reminiscing those days. “Pabo oppa...” she shook her head and resumed  her daily work.

 

 

“They found out the person. Come to the office, it’s urgent.”

 

He ran in empty corridor of the building, since he was already late. Mr. Kim, their CEO was very strict about time. He almost knocked on the body in front of him, but he stopped just inch away from that person.

 

“I’m sorry I wasn’t looking.” The girl quickly apologized. Daehyun nodded looking down for something, once he looked up, his eyes widened like he have been seeing ghost.

 

“What are you doing here?” he asked her pulling her in the corner. She struggled to get out from his grip.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter