Chapter 31

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doctor came out of the room after checking on his patient. He was taken aback to see the same patient he'd released  that afternoon, getting admitted in emergency ward. He looked around for her guardians, but some weird boy, whole face covered with scarf and goggles, stood in front of him.

“And you are?”

Daehyun rubbed his hands together out of nervousness, thinking how to introduce himself, “I’m with patient Haeri.”

The doctor glanced at his appearance one more time before nodding his head. He handed some papers to the nurse by his side and faced Daehyun, “I’d like to talk to her parents first. Have you informed them?”

Daehyun nodded his head in agreement, "Yeah, they’ll be here anytime. But doctor, can you tell me… is it… is it serious?” his anxiety was eating him up, and Haeri’s scream almost gave him a heart attack.

“Look, Mr…?” he trailed off. “Jung. Mr. Jung. You can call me that.” “Mr. Jung. There is nothing to worry about, it’s just that you need to take care of her. As I’ve said before, at this moment Ms Bang is in a very fragile state of mind. She gets emotional easily, and as a result, it only hurts her. You need to be careful about what you say in front of her.”

 

Daehyun listen to him very carefully, but this situation made him more curious about Haeri’s current issues. “Doctor, how’s she? What happened now?”

 

“Thank god, Daehyun-ah. I thought she went back to Seoul. She even brought all of clothes together with her,” Mrs. Bang went to Daehyun, as Mr. Bang spoke with the doctor. Daehyun looked around to see that particular person, but he was nowhere to be found. “Aunty, where’s Suho? Does he know about Haeri’s condition?”

 

“Suho…” she trailed off, not knowing how to say this to Daehyun.   

 

On the other hand, the only son of Kim’s was suffering from insomnia. Whenever he’d close his eyes, Haeri’s hurt face would haunt him down. He was at the stage where he had lost all his hopes of getting back with Haeri.

 

He didn’t know when it started, but hiding things from Haeri became one of his habits. Starting from small things, it ended up to hiding big things, like Sarang’s history and her past itself. Now, he was paying for this. That’s why they said, that trust is a main aspect of any relationship. Without trust, two wouldn't be able to maintain any relationship.

 

There was slight knock on his door, revealing his mother with worried look on her face, “It’s almost dinner time, why don’t you come down?” she asked softly. Suho shook his head, snuggling inside his blanket, “I don’t feel like eating, omma.” Mrs. Kim closed the door gently and sat on the chair facing Suho’s pale face. She pitied her son, but didn’t hate Haeri for that because what Suho was going through was nothing compared to Haeri’s emotional breakdown.

 

“Don’t be like this, please? Calm down; at least eat some porridge I’ve made for you. Isn’t that your favorite?” she tried to coax him, but he was a hard nut to break. Still mourning over his mistakes, Suho refused to listen to anyone. Losing her hopes, Mrs. Kim also decided to leave him alone. It was useless to talk to him, when he'd already decided to shut everyone out. It'd be wise decision, if Suho decides to accept the current sitution and move forward with it. Rather than, crying while sitting in a corner. 

 

A day went like that, and he did nothing but lying down on his bed. Not eating anything, and not talking with anyone. His room was mess as he’d brought down all his belongings which reminded him of Haeri. Reminiscing his days with her, tears flowed down from his eyes. He knew, this was a behavior of a high-schooler. But he was helpless. He’d lost something precious to him, something beautiful. More importantly…his beloved.

 

 

“Why are you seating? Lay down. You’re sick.”

 

“Don’t come out from your room. Doctor told you to rest.”

 

“Why aren’t to finishing that up? Come here, let me feed you,” Haeri was getting pissed by her parent’s overly affectionate behaviour. They won't leave her alone, no matter how much she begged them. She wanted silence. Peace, to think clearly. She wanted to be alone, but it seemed like it was getting inside her parent's skull.

 

“Will you stop it? Leave me alone!” she exclaimed in irritation. Getting used to Haeri’s, new, rough attitude, her mother could only sigh and left the room. Outside, Daehyun was waiting to meet her, but Doctor has instructed to visit on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter