Chapter 3

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Happy Birthday, Jung Daehyun!!!

 

 

The environment was very lively, everyone was engrossed in their chit chat to care about time. It was a pleasant surprise for Haeri to meet her parents; and after being in their embrace, she understood how much she missed them. 

 

"When did you come here, omma?" She was sitting between her parents while holding her mother's hand.

 

"This morning. We were too shocked when Suho called us here urgently." Her mother directed her gaze to Suho. "Please, Joonmyun-ah, don't do this kind of jokes again." Everyone chuckled. Haeri eyed everyone, love was overflowing from their eyes. But still, she felt somewhat empty, like some piece was missing, then it stuck her...

 

'Right. Daehyun isn't here'

 

Even with no words exchanged, Suho felt Haeri's behavior change a little, and he went behind her to hold her tight.

 

"What are you doing? The elders are here!" She hissed silently while tugging onto his arm.

 

"Hmm...You are right." he said as slide his hand down her arm, then held her hand. "We'll be outside." He announced as they went out. The elders gave them sly smiles, so Haeri protested. "No, no, no... we'll just take a walk..." She said and stepped on Suho's foot, and the latter wince in pain.

 

'Pfft, serves you right!'

 

 

Daehyun was in his practice room, rehearsing the same part of the dance cheorography for the past one hour. His fellow bandmate, Yongjae was there whole time, observing him with slightly furrowed eyebrows and a piercing gaze. When he took enough of Daehyun's stubbornness, he stood up and went towards the stereo, only to remove the wires.

 

"What are you doing? I need to practice that part, reattach them." Daehyun was so tired that his voice seemed to be broken, but Yongjae knew better to let him do what he wants.

 

"Just take a short break, I'll get you something to drink. Wait up." With that, Yongjae went off.

 

Daehyun landed on ground with loud thud. He laid there with an arm over his eyes. That thinking process was eating him out, and thinking about Haeri like that made him feel extremely guilty. 

 

'I need some distraction. I can't go on like this...'

 

There was a beep on his phone, signalling a received message. It was from Haeri.

 

' Omma and appa are in Seoul, asking for you. Are you free tomorrow?' 

 

Is he? He didn't know, neither did he want to face her yet, and his feelings were overpowering him. Making him feel like holding her in his arms, cuddle with her, hold those hands in public, and... kiss those pink and glossy lips of Bang Haeri.

 

And his phone said there wass one more unread message from... Sunhwa.

 

"Maybe that will help me..."

 

"Help? For what?" The sudden arrival of Yongjae startled Daehyun, but he soon composed himself.

 

"What help? I didn't said anything..." However, Yongjae was a like detective, and fooling him was a very damn impossible thing.

 

From the very first time Yongjae saw him that day, he knew something was wrong, but wasn't sure of what that weird and tugging feeling was..

 

"You know, if you have any problems, you can always count on me. You know that right, Dae?" Daehyun gave him genuine smile. He was relived that Yongjae was not pressing that issue on, and he nodded his head with silent "I will".

 

 

The couple was strolling at the park near Suho's house, enjoying comfortable silence with light wind blowing through her silky hair. They halted by a bench to take a seat. Suho was about to open his mouth to speak but stopped when he saw her in deep thoughts. Suho gave her hand s light squeeze as she turned to him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter