Chapter 28

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“You know, Yeol, I hated that girl ever since…” Chanyeol watched as Baekhyun drowned himself in the depth of drink as he was talking, “That… that girl… broke so many hearts,” another sip. “Suho hyung suffered… suffered the most be... because of her.”Chanyeol tried to stop him from drinking, but Baekhyun was already out of control.

 

This was not how Chanyeol had planned to celebrate his Christmas. He thought he’d be able to make friends with Baekhyun's friends. But here? Here, two boys were already drunk talking while the other two were playing stone, paper, scissors to gain each other’s embarrassing videos – so childish. And his one and only escape - Baekhyun - was also on the mission to get drunk.

 

“And my sister? That poor girl suffered a lot because of that . My poor Sarang...” Out of nowhere, he started to sniffle. Before Chanyeol could get hold of Baekhyun's emotional turnover, another person made his appearance in that emotional circus. 

 “Sarang? Anyone said Sarang?” Chanyeol turned to look at the drunken boy with big eyes as he started to look around, like he was looking for someone, “Sarang? Sarang, where’s she? Where is my Sarang?”

 

Now all sober boys, including the half-drunk Baekhyun, stared at the big eyed boy with their jaw almost touching to the floor. “What? Your Sarang?” Kai exclaimed, dropping the wings of his yellow chicken costume on the floor, of which Chanyeol wondered exactly where did those wings came from, “D.O. hyung, are you alright?”

 

Sehun took the liberty to place his hand on D.O.’s forehead before placing it own his own, “No fever. Maybe he ate something wrong or collided his head on something hard and now he lost his senses, or he–“

 

“Stop it, Sehun. It’s not the time for your nonsense assumptions,” Kai said, with Chanyeol nodding in agreement. “It’s a time to book a mental hospital ward for D.O. hyung before his condition worsens,” Kai nodded his head firmly as he turned to Chanyeol for another nod. But the latter had already turned into statue as his head started to spin rounds.

 

‘Are they friends or enemies?’ that was Chanyeol’s last thought before he passed out.

 

“Looking good, Minhee-ssi.” Minhee smiled politely at the person and walked further in the party, searching for that particular group of boys with whom she had grown close. Suddenly, someone wrapped their arm around her slim waist from behind. Minhee flinched at sudden closeness, and grew uncomfortable.

 

“Never knew you were this hot Minhee."

 

That voice. She knew it very well. Praying to god that her guessed right, she jabbed that person on his stomach and heard him hiss in pain near her ear. “Oww~, that was pretty hard Minhee, but good for him. That idiot will learn to use proper way to greet ladies in the future,” Yongguk grinned at Minhee as he threw pitiful gaze at the boy wincing in pain on the floor.

 

“I will, hyung. I surely will,” Himchan groaned as he tried to stand properly with the help of Jongup. Boys cracked up looking at him. “Yah! You dare to laugh at me? I’m your hyung; remember that,” he spoke with a firm voice, but no one gave a to that. Out if habit, Yongjae lifted his palm at Daehyun for a high five, but the latter didn’t even care about it.

 

Of course, their little interaction didn’t go unnoticed by the others, and they just sighed while Minhee looked at Jongup with raised brows. Jongup simply answered her with a shrug. “Weird, weird,” she, too, shrugged it off and decided to enjoy her Christmas.

 

 

“Here; drink this juice, it’s tasty.”

 

“Here; eat this, this is your favorite.”

 

“You should really try this out Dae, this shrimp is so yum.”

 

That evening, each and every attempt made by Yongjae went into the drain as what good thing Daehyun did was to ignore him; completely. Finally, getting sick of the persistent Yongjae, Daehyun decided to be alone.

 

“What exactly happened to him?” Minhee nodded her head at Daehyun’s fading figure.  Yongguk sighed before feeding to her curiosities. Minhee looked at Yongjae, that boy seemed very bothered to her, and this kind of environment between them before world tour was very much unhealthy to them. She had to do something about it.

 

 

Daehyun leaned to the window as his thoughts drifted back to Haeri. What was happening now? Was that signal for him to never let her go? Was Suho really cheating on her? But that guy was very serious about her, then what happened?

 

All this thoughts were making him confused, and to add more headaches there was Minhee. “What are you doing out here? It’s cold here, bad for your health,” talking about the devil, Daehyun rolled his eyes. “Why? Are you worried?” Daehyun turned look at her.

 

His stare was different as Minhee felt like he could see right through her soul. For the first time since she’d met him in person, Minhee felt intimated by Daehyun. The feeling he was giving out, that confident aura… it was just… som

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter