Chapter 32

Different Destinies
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Mrs. Bang shifted on her side of the bed as soon as she heard the roaring sound of the car's engine. She had that unsettling feeling at the pit of her stomach. She turned to face her husband who was in a deep slumber. She shook him, but he just moved from one side to another and went back to his sleep.

 

“Tsk, this man... Yeobo~  Yeobo, wake up.” She shook him hard, which made him groan as he slowly open his eyes. “Why? What happened?” his voice turned hoarse due to his sleepiness. “I heard a car's engine. Do you think someone was here?”

 

Mr. Bang stared at his wife for a moment as he tried to absorb what she was saying. After getting it in his head, he his phone to check the time, “It’s still 2.30 in the morning, honey. No one will be here at this hour. You're thinking unreasonably.” He shushed her as he tried to get back to his sleep.

 

“But I think we should check on Haeri, don't we?” she started to pull him from the bed. Mr. Bang got irritated with his wife’s constant bugging, so as a last resort, he pulled his covers over his face. “We’ll see that tomorrow. Now, just let me sleep first. That girl doesn’t even have power to walk properly, and where do you think she’ll go at this condition?”

 

He pulled his wife down with him, and finally closed his eyes. Still having a heavy heart, Mrs. Bang finally laid down beside her husband closing her eyes. 

 

“Did you contact her after that?”

 

“No. Why would I?”

 

 

Youngjae stared at his friend as he was practicing for their performance. “What do you mean by ‘Why would I?’ you jerk?” HImchan started to freak out like mad man. “She was generous enough to help you till you reach to your doorstep, yet you treat like that? You should’ve treated her out or something.”

 

“Yeah right, and out goes another scandal.” Daehyun scoffed at his hyung’s childish whines. But when he looked up, everyone gave him a pointed look. “Why does it seem like, me not treating Minhee out has become some kind of world’s peace’s problem? I just don’t feel like treating her out. That’s all. Besides that, she’s just our manager and it’s her duty to do our work.”

 

He looked at his friends, expecting to get a response from them. But all of them were standing there like a statue. “What? Why are you all quite now?Zelo, out of the blue, stared right behind him, “Oh! Noona, when did you come?”

 

Daehyun’s face paled as he turned around to see straight faced Minhee standing behind him. “Ann-annyeong!” 

 

“You guys seem to have lot of time to chit-chat. Are you that prepared for your performance in two days?” her tone was as cold as ice bricks, and that stare made them shiver under her sight. Even before anyone could speak another word, she kept down some plastic bags down in the middle of the room. “After finishing this, I don’t want to listen anything else coming out  from this room other than the music from the speakers.”

 

She turned around to leave the room, but stopped at the doorstep. “One more thing, as your manager, I have to care of your every little thing. Also, you're going to do such big performance, I can't let you guys get sick. So, if you find anything different in any one of your food, don't think of it as anything special. It's just my duty, as your manager.”

 

Daehyun chewed his inner cheek, as his eyes automatically fell on the floor. He regretted saying things in a hard way. But what done was already done. He couldn’t do anything to retrieve the damage he’d made.”Minhee, I–“

 

“Practice hard guys. You have us, your managers to take care of you. After all it’s our duty.” And she was gone. “Good going, buddy.” Yongguk slapped him on the back. "How do you always manage to say things you obviously don't mean."

 

Yeah right. What a start for World tour, Daehyun thought bitterly as he sat down to eat what was served with other.

 

 

Everything was settled. Her designs were packed by her friend, her ticket was already purchased. Only thing she needed was to someone to fetch her from her house in Busan. But thanks to Chanyeol, that problem was solved too.

 

And that day, precisely

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter