Chapter 9

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 9


Aisha Kim

 

A/N: This is a bit violent. I may or may not change this chapter to M. Let me know if I should or not.

 

Background music: http://youtu.be/sf6LD2B_kDQ 

 

Oh no.


Stepmother.


Jongin looked up with surprise, holding me tighter against him.


"Oh, um...hello. I'm-" Jongin started to say.


"I know exactly who you are!" She cut him off. "And I don't care! Get off of her!" she screeched, and shoved him, yes, shoved him off the couch. He smacked his hand against the coffee table and swore loudly.


"And you!" she yelled, gripping my wrist tightly. "Why aren't you at work? You lazy ungrateful child! Do you take for granted how hard your Appa worked for you? You're just as worthless as your Umma!"


"Wait a moment-" Jongin said, standing up. "She went to the doctor to-"


"YOU!" she yelled. "Stay out of this!" With her other hand she slapped his arm away. He looked at her in shock.


"You." She turned her direction towards me again. I could feel the bruises forming around my wrist. "You've been a thorn in my side ever since I married your Appa." I held back a gasp as she slapped my face. I felt my mask fall off.


"Wait stop!" Jongin said. "What did she do to you?" He grabbed her shoulder in attempt to get her to stop slapping me. She threw him off, slapping him again.


"I said STAY OUT OF THIS!" Her voice reached new volumes.


She grabbed a dish that was sitting on the table and threw it at him. He dodged it thankfully, and it smashed against the wall. She threw the cup I'd been drinking out of and threw it too. Glass shattered everywhere. She yanked me up from the couch and dragged me to the kitchen, not caring that my head was hitting the hard cold floor painfully. I felt glass scrape my legs. Jongin gasped.


"Why do you hate her so much?" I heard him say. Once we reached the kitchen she threw something else and I heard Jongin swear again.


"You're a good for nothing half breed." she growled, getting out her wooden spoon. She hit me with it.

 

I yelped.


"Just like your Umma." She hit me. Everything was a bit blurry. She hit me again.


"Aisha!" Jongin cried out, rushing over. Stepmother threw another pan, which I assumed he missed because I heard it clatter to the ground. I heard more glass breaking and felt more stinging.


"You're a slimy little , being with that stuck up snob." she yelled into my ear. I winced as the sting of the spoon came at me again. "You think you can just worm your way into anything, well, guess what? You. Can't." She yanked me upwards. I hit my arm on the counter. I could see my blood from the glass cuts. I felt a bit sick.


"You should've died with your filthy American mother in that crash!" She raised the spoon again. "Then I'd never have to deal with you!" I braced myself.


"OH GIRL HOLD UP!" I heard someone yell. My vision was still blurry, but I could tell who it was. Sage in her raging American glory came sprinting into view. How did she get down the stairs so fast? I could see her hopping around. Why was she hopping? The door opened. Jongin ran over to who I assumed was SunJung and HeeYoung. I could hear HeeYoung sputtering in Japanese.


"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY AISHA!" Sage screamed, yanking the spoon from step mother's grasp and breaking it in two. In two. I didn't realize how strong she was. "WHAT DID SHE EVER DO TO YOU? SHE'S JUST A GIRL YOU WITCH!"


"DON'T TALK TO YOUR ELDERS THAT WAY!" Stepmother dropped me onto the ground. I hit my head I think, everything was spinning and hurting and throbbing.


"I'LL TALK TO MY ELDERS HOWEVER THE HELL I WANT TO!" Sage yelled back. "NO CHILD, IN ANY CULTURE, SHOULD BE ABUSED!"


It took me a moment to register that Sage was beginning to yell in English. I tried to sign to her that it wasn't worth it, but my hands looked bloody and bruised. When did they get that way?


"Now, I've tried to be civil, but this is outta control!" Sage's accent was beginning to show. "You will NOT touch my friend EVER again. AND I'LL MAKE SURE OF IT!" SunJung and HeeYoung came into view.


"Y'all got my back on this?" Sage asked, cornering Stepmother. They nodded. SunJung pulled out her phone and began to dial the police.


"Hello? Yeah I'd like to report child abuse. Yes. Kim Keejung and Kim Aisha. Okay, please hurry." SunJung hung up. Jongin and Sage pinned Stepmother's hands behind her back, even though she still continued to fight back. HeeYoung ran over to me and gingerly touched my face. My mask had come off, but my face was probably so red it didn't matter if my stain was shown.


She swore in Japanese. "I'll go get some ice." I nodded, swallowing hard. I refused to cry. I was more angry than frightened. Stepmother insulted Jongin, and he hadn't done anything besides maybe annoy her because Sage and I play Exo's music constantly as we study our college textbooks. I was used to her beatings, but I don't remember it being this bad...none of them had blood...


HeeYoung came back with a couple of bags of ice. "Okay, where does it hurt the most?" I pointed to my legs and arms.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter