Chapter 16

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 16


Kim Jongin

 


"So, how's the happy couple?" Sehun teased, noticing Kai texting for the fifth time in two minutes. He laughed and fiddled with his ring.


"Pretty good." Kai said.


Ever since the two became official, Kai had been considerably happier and more enthusiastic about practically everything. What impressed the boys even more was that the two were able to keep it a secret from practically everyone. No one at the party thought they were actually together, which was something of a miracle. At the very least they thought the two were casually 'hooking up' for Christmas.


"You know, first it's you acting all head-in-the-clouds, and now it's Luhan too." Sehun noted, seeing Luhan sitting on the floor playing with a new kind of Rubix cube he assumed came from Sage. But instead of easy colors, there was writing on it, and each time he 'solved' one side, another side would be all scrambled up again.


"He really wants to know what it says all together." he said. Luhan tossed it with frustration, then scrambled to go get it and try again. 


"Luhan, if you don't stop tossing that cube, so help me-" Xiumin complained. Luhan stuck his tongue out at him, a habit he most certainly picked up from Sage. 


"I have to figure this out! I've been working on it since she gave it to me, and I still haven't figured it out!" Luhan said. He in some air to calm down. 


"It's that hard?" Chanyeol asked,  joining the conversation. He nodded, moving around another side.


"See, what she did was color code the writing, but it doesn't matter how the colors go, it matters how the writing goes. So I could have this side done-" He solved one side with a couple of twists,"-but see, the words don't make any sense. It says: 809 planets, 1 countries, meet I had."


"What's going on?" Kris asked, walking over.


"He's trying to decode Sage's love letter to him." Kai teased. Luhan threw a dirty look, but it looked more like a stubborn puppy's face.


"First, Kai, now you. Those girls are going to be the end to all of us." he sighed. "I can see Kai liking Aisha easily. She's a great girl. But you liking Sage? It's...interesting. I kinda thought you and Minji..." Luhan shook his head really fast.


"No no no! Minji is way too pushy and kind of scary. She's too loud and outgoing, and girls aren't really supposed to chase boys. I don't like it really..." He said.


"Well, since you're such a traditionalist, why go for the severely independent American girl?" Kris asked.


"Sage is awesome!" Luhan responded. "She's funny and sweet and just different all together. She's honest, and very modest. She's kind, but knows how to stand up for herself. Everything is unexpected, and I'm actually beginning to like the spontaneous behavior. She's shy at first, and it's very cute. And she's...she's...so..." His voice became softer. "Beautiful."


"Don't go American on us, soon you'll be eating hamburgers and carrying a shotgun." Lay teased.


"Not true! Sage doesn't like guns."


"But you didn't say anything about hamburgers."


Luhan blushed, which amused the boys that were in the conversation.


"What is this about hamburgers?" a deep voice boomed out. The boys jumped, turned around and saw 'The Fist.'


They all stood up and bowed.


"It was nothing, sir." Kris said as Luhan quickly hid the rubix cube.


"It'd better be nothing." he said. "Where's SangJun?"


"He went to talk about tours, sir." Suho said. "For our summer tour

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter