Chapter 26

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 26


Kim Jongin

 

 

The audience was deathly still. Kai swallowed hard, trying to read anyone's face. He couldn't. It was too hard. He closed his eyes instead.


My black Pearl is brave. 


She is my world.


Aisha squeezed his hand, and wrote on his arm let's go. He stayed in sync with her as she backed away, the click of her heels even louder. The two went through the line of boys. They parted like the Red Sea for the two as they both walked off the stage.


"Saranghae." Aisha said firmly, her microphone still on.


"Na-do, Saranghae." Kai said back, loud enough for the microphone to pick up. The audience gasped collectively.
And that was the last time anyone and everyone heard her speak until they were done touring in China.

 

 

 

"How long has Miss Pearl been speaking?" Asked the interviewer man. The two groups were back in Korea for a longer amount time due to the drama that developed so the groups could clear up rumors before going to Japan.


"She began to learn how to speak again around October or Novemember." SunJung answered, watching Aisha's hands move.


"So, there's more about her that we don't know than we do." The interview man said. "How long had she'd been mute?"


"She got into a car crash in the United States when she was...five. Five, right?" SunJung asked. Aisha nodded. "She had to get surgery and during that it damaged her vocal chords. They told her to give up on speaking and so she did."


"Kai took her to the doctor one day without really telling SM what the two were doing. But we knew." Minji said. "They got into loads of trouble for lying, but it was worth it because she figured out she could try to speak again. It was mostly again, Kai that helped her learn how to speak and encouraged her to speak more."


"She wasn't lying about not being able to speak as a lot of fans have been spreading rumors about." SunJung picked up again.


"So, the outraged fans at the concert were in fact wrong about the type of relationship the two have." 


"Absolutely. We've been with them from the very begining and we've supported them all this way." HeeYoung said. "They didn't know how to tell the fans without upsetting them all. But it seems like prolonging it has only made it worse."


"All I know, is that Pearl has been insanely happy and so has Kai, that's all that really matters in the end." Sage said. Even though Sage was trying not to show it, both groups knew that she was petrified to be out there answering questions with both Jewelz and Exo. The only good that seemed to come out of the whole situation, again, was the fact that the fans completely adored Sage and all of her awkward Amercian glory, finding her southern accent completely charming and her American ways fascinated most.


Kai and Aisha sat next to each other during the interviews in Korea, couple rings clearly shown whenever they were together. This somewhat making the fans angry while others were moderately surprised at their boldness. Others accepted it and moved on, but unfortunately that number was still very small. The Exotics and Gems were practically at war with each other. They used to get along so well until the dating issue came about. On the Gems side, they defended their Pearl by saying that she deserves to be happy even when she's mute, and Kai was always there for her so it was a logical choice. Plus, her 'no-dating' contract would end by the time K-Con was over. The Exotics, however, thought Kai's actions wrong and a betrayal to the fandom. He could've at least given some warning. Also, it was completely against his contract, since he wasn't allowed to date.


He looked at her with concern, hoping she was okay with answering all the questions. He knew she was stressed. He knew she was confused. He knew she was worried and hurt. He captured a strand of her soft brunette hair, twisting it around his finger. He could feel all eyes on him as he did this action. Aisha smiled at him shyly and slowly pulled the strand away. The interview man had changed his questions to more about the tour and Sage's new name, but people in the audience were more interested in the two interacting together.


"So, there's one more question for the Jewelz." The interview man said, getting Aisha's attention. "Since Sage's trademark for 'Opal' to fans is her brightly streaked hair, I want to know why you chose what gems you did, And why your trademark is what it is as well." The girls thought for a moment. They never really had to explain why they chose what they did. Aisha tapped on Sage's shoulder to get her attention. Sage nodded in understanding and began to translate.


"I chose Pearl in memory of my Umma. She would always call me her Black Pearl." Aisha touched her key necklace, another iconic feature of her. "She gave me this key to her music box-slash-jewellery box before she passed away. I opened it on my 22rd birthday and found that she'd left me her pearls. By that time I'd already chose my stage name, but I knew it was the right choice. Pearls also mean innocence and purity, and most of the time I feel those two discriptive words fit me."


"Well, what about the mask? Why did you choose the mask?" The interviewer asked. Aisha thought for a moment before lifting her hands again.
"When I was a kid I was obsessed with masks, and I wore a mask everywhere. Then I wore it because I was made fun of my mixed nationality as a teenager. Now it's just become a part of me really."


"Can we see you without the mask?"


Aisha nodded, undid the mask she was wearing, and showed her pale face that looked more American than Korean, but the orientalness was still there as her green eyes looked around, a small smile playing on her lips. Kai could tell though she was terrified that her makeup would fail her. It didn't of course, and she put it back on.


SunJung spoke up. "I chose Jade because it's very prestigious in Chinese culture and because I found it to be a good gem that matches my personality. They put little Jade beads in my puff whenever they can tame it. It also means grace and intellegence, two things I strive for."


"You're more notibly known for having your ears pierced the most out of the four, and of course the puffy black hair." The interviewer man said. The boys laughed.


"Oh gosh...one time while we were in China on the tour, Chen, Baekhyun and I played a prank on the others boys by swapping their precious hair products with shaving cream...they got us back by teasing our hair while we were sleeping. The boys were fine after a few brush ...mine was a different story. It was a huge tangled knot for two concerts!"


Kai and Aisha thanked her profusely with their non-existent mental communication as the audience laughed at the embarrassing story she shared. It momentarily distracted everyone from the couple sitting and listening.


"I chose a Diamond because it's most precious." Minji spoke up after the laughter died down. "Diamonds mean love, strength, prosperity, and beauty. Since I'm the leader I need to be loving to my bandmates

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter