Chapter 39

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 39


Aisha Kim

 

 Background Music 


*Tonight....tonight is the night-*


I groaned and turned off my phone alarm. I seriously didn't want to wake up today. I think it should be a golden rule that someone should be allowed to sleep as long as they wanted to on their birthday. I opened my sleep-filled eyes and groaned again at the sight of so much light in the bedroom.


"SunJung..." I complained. I heard her humming one of BigBang's more famous songs. "It's too early for this..."


"Happy Birthday to you, sleepyhead." she snickered. I rubbed at my eyes and slowly things came to focus. I gasped.


"That's the reaction I was waiting for." SunJung commented. "Good luck to you and getting out of here!"


The side of my room was piled with shipping boxes. I instantly knew that it as fanmail, since we did get those, but I didn't expect so much. Could I even get out of bed? Minji walked in with two more boxes.


"I think you're the most popular member in Jewelz as of now. I don't remember getting this much fan mail and stuff on my birthday." she said. "But then again, my birthday was when we were in China."


To be honest, I barely remember that day, and I felt a little bad for not remembering much. "Fantastic Baby." I mumbled, rubbing the sleep away. Minji and SunJung laughed at my reference. I stretched some more and shuffled around for my bathrobe and slippers since it was absolutely freezing in the dorm. Then again, it was the middle of December.


Has it seriously been that long? It doesn't seem that way. Everything flies by so fast these days I feel like I'm in a giant snowball that is going downhill. I saw my phone light up as I finally managed to find my fluffy bathrobe and shoes, indicating to me that I had two messages.


From: Appa<3


Msg: Happy Birthday my Tiny Dancer! Have a beautiful day, I love you!


Awe, I'm feeling the love. I texted a quick reply back. Time to read the second message.


From: Jongin(;


Msg: Good morning, Black Pearl! *\(^o^)/* Happy Birthday(: Tell me when you're awake and ready so our adventure can begin!


Jongin's taking me on an adventure? Well...maybe he was making up for not talking to me yesterday for some weird reason. I really should get ready now. I carefully made my way through the boxes and padded my way to the kitchen to get some milk or something for my growling stomach.


Instead of finding a normal kitchen, colorful balloons were all over the place. HeeYoung swooped me out of me finding milk and plopped me at the table in front of chocolate chip pancakes with a candle lit on top. "You said you liked these, so I found a recipe and made it!"


"HeeYoung-Unnie, you're the sweetest girl ever!" I said gratefully.


"You failed to mention that I helped." SunJung came into view. "You were panicking multiple times." HeeYoung stuck her tongue out at her. Minji and Sage appeared (when did she get here?) and the group began to sing happy birthday to me. I blew out the candle once they were done. Naturally I dug in while the rest of the girls ate their breakfast and once I was finished I was whisked away again by HeeYoung and Sage to the bedroom.


"Okay, now we have to get you ready for Kai!" Sage said happily.


"I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself, you know." I playfully whined as HeeYoung rushed out to get clothes in the closet.


"We know. But not only is it your birthday, but it's the anniversary! So, you've gotta be impressive." Sage wiggled her brows. I looked up at the ceiling.


"Might I ask why you're dressed up?" I asked, eying her dark flare cut jeans she only wears on certain occasions, purple button up top, and fishtailed hair. Sage giggled.


"It just so happens that Luhan's taking me out on a date as well."


"What about HeeYoung? She's radiating her cuteness even stronger than usual." I asked. I noted before she left the room that she was wearing a pink fluffy dress with bows and thick white leggings underneath with a matching white bow in her French braid.


"Okay okay. It's a group date." Sage admitted. I raised my brows.


"Now everything makes sense."


"Yah! Sage! You ruined it." HeeYoung's understanding of English must be getting better since we had that entire conversation in that language. We switched back to Korean.


"You guys were being sort of obvious." I stated. "I'm not that oblivious."


HeeYoung threw the stink eye in Sage's direction. She handed me a folded outfit and said, "Go change so that way we can do hair and makeup!"


"Correction: so that way I can do hair and makeup. You girls look like you've been up at least an hour or so." I said as I made my way towards the bathroom to get dressed.


HeeYoung knows my style fairly well. Dark skinnies, loose long sleeved white shirt, and silver hoop earrings with matching bracelets. I opened the door to let the two know I was done and fiddled with my ring until Sage was done giving me a waterfall braid and HeeYoung did light doll-like makeup. I texted Jongin while I was brushing my teeth to let him know that I was done and once I was done with that I pulled on some socks. A few moments later we all heard a knocking at the door. The three of us pulled on boots since it was most likely going to be the North Pole outside while Minji opened the door.

 

"Girls, hurry up!" she shouted.


HeeYoung sprang up and made a beeline to meet Tao, almost knocking over SunJung in the process. Sage and I saw the males standing in the doorway and honestly they all looked too attractive for their own good. Sage stood up and Luhan hugged her tightly. I made my way over to Jongin, who kissed my cheek after I hugged him.


"How's the birthday girl this morning?" he asked, taking my hand into his.


"As awake as I can be this morning." I grinned. "Although truthfully I would've liked to sleep all day."


"Too bad, we have a lot to do today." His mischievous smile appeared. I knew that he'd been working on my surprise for quite a long time, but honestly, I would've felt just fine with curling next to him while reading books to each other.


"Where are we going?" Sage asked. The trio shared a look that proved that they were clearly hiding something.


"You'll see." Luhan answered her innocently.


"Have fun, girls! We'll probably just hang out here..." SunJung said, but faded off when she saw Minji appear with a giant box labeled in bold font: DECORATIONS.


"We shall we decorating for the holidays, thank you." Minji said. SunJung's eyes widened.


"Good luck, Unnie, getting SunJung to do anything!" HeeYoung giggled. 


"I have a few tricks up my sleeve." Minji smirked, and shooed us out.


"Think she'll be okay?" Sage asked.


"Of course. Just the two sassiest people in the group in there, no big deal." I said. "Now, onwards! Because I don't have a clue what's going on."


We made it out of the building and was only stopped by Minha who wanted to know where we were going, Naturally the boys told her that we would all be back eventually and to not worry about us. HeeYoung eased her conscience by saying that if anything bad were to come up she'd let her know instantly. Once that was over with we climbed into a fairly nice vehicle the boys had decided to rent out and Luhan drove us to who-knows-where. I didn't even know he had a license in Korea. Hmm...learn something new every day. It was about time he got one anyway.


We eventually got stuck in traffic so Sage the radio. We all ended up singing along obnoxiously to all the songs we knew to pass the time. Out of the traffic jam we went and drove for another fifteen minutes until I saw a beach in the distance followed by clusters of shops. I'd never been on this side before. It was like a sort of oasis. Luhan parked the car and we tumbled out and into the crisp air.


"This place isn't very well known, except for the Christmas-themed fair that comes around every year." said Jongin. "So it's unlikely that we'll be attacked by fans here."


"It's so beautiful..." I said, gazing all around me. "What are we going to do first?"


"Personally, I'm up for some shopping first." Sage said. I looked at her, dumbfounded. She shrugged. "What? A fair is more fun in the afternoon because then all the fun and bright lights start to show up."


"I like that idea. It seems a bit more romantic that way as well." HeeYoung chirped.


"Alright, let's do that then." I said.


I personally thought that the shopping in the morning would add to a bit of confliction but surprisingly it didn't. We ran into a few fans that were very friendly while trying on hats. Some time later our group ended up on the beach and we walked along picking up shells and poking fun at each other. Sage and Luhan tried to talk to each other by rhyming every sentence, and that was probably the most entertaining thing of the morning.


"Sage, you switched to English again." I said while trying to regain my composure. Jongin was having a harder time trying to control his laughter for some strange reason. He's been laughing at the littlest things today, and I found that a bit odd. Of course he's a happy dork, but he doesn't laugh that much.


"Rhyming in Korean is too difficult, because it translates differently in my head...." she grumbled. Luhan kissed her cheek.


"It's okay sweetheart." Luhan chuckled. "On the positive side, you're learning new words!"


"I guess...I wish I was better at that sort of thing. Look at HeeYoung and Tao! They trade off Chinese and Korean like no tomorrow!"


HeeYoung stopped her conversation with Tao and looked at Sage curiously. "Practice makes perfect!" she smiled.


Just then my stomach growled, signaling that this birthday girl needed some lunch. I was thankful that it was time to eat because it was getting a bit chilly on the beach. I got to choose where we ate since it was my birthday, and I got to eat my favorite lunch meal. It was about mid-afternoon when we finished eating because Jongin thought it would be cute if he tried to feed me. It ended up being mostly a failure. That boy...I swear...


I still couldn't figure out why he was acting so strangely. In fact the entire group was acting a bit off. Were they planning something again? If that's the case they really didn't need to. Having a bit of alone time with Jongin in the evening would suffice. If it's something extravagant I'm not sure how I would react. Spoiling isn't my particular cup of tea. Maybe it's just me being humble.


"Okay, now that it's the afternoon, it's time for the-" I began.


"Fair!" HeeYoung exclaimed, bolting down the boardwalk and to the Ferris Wheel in the distance. Tao laughed and followed after her.


"Okay then, it looks like we're going there now." Sage laughed. The rest of us followed after the sprinting couple and we all caught up with each other at the entrance. We paid for tickets to ride rides and entered inside.


I'd been to fairgrounds in the States, but honestly this would be the best one to go to. The ones I'd been to in the States had a lot of shady people and there was the faint smell of animals. Then again, that was in Texas afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter