Chapter 13

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 13


Aisha Kim

 

I still couldn't believe our music video was days away from premiering and I actually made a viral video by just using my dinky iPhone. Today we were supposed to see what it looks like before it came out for the public.


But before that I have to complain for a few moments. 'The Fist' threw a fit when he saw that my video went viral, which was kind of stupid, just because we were acting like normal people and not superhuman. There were way more positive comments than negative (even though the negative ones kind of ticked me off) and because of us goofing around even more people were buying our single. His logic is just messed up. But that was a long time ago. It still got to me though...


"Okay girls, are you ready for this?" Oh Minha came into the viewing room in which we were all anxiously waiting. I'm pretty sure I've polished my key a million times more than necessary with my own fingers. We all nodded, anxious to see how it would turn out. The lights dimmed...


The quiet piano playing at the beginning of our song began and it hit the four of us, backs turned from the camera.


Nobody knows.... Minji's voice rang clear in English. We all began to walk backwards in sync.


Nobody cares....HeeYoung's English was absolutely spot on, despite the fact she didn't know what she was saying. We turned to face the camera. 


I'm halfway in...SunJung's voice added a rich tone to the music, foreshadowing the key change. And I'm halfway....OUUUUUUUUUUUUT! Her high note resounded and off the camera zoomed to me leading the dance break with the upbeat key change. Up up, pop, lock, spin, look down up. Repeat. The first verse came with Minji and her long silver dress with an open back, singing her part while swaying sensually. Switched to HeeYoung and her winking aegyo while singing her part about how sometimes life was so sweet. Switched to SunJung and her rich tones sang about the ridicule she also got because of how she was born.


The Chorus broke out with HeeYoung's halfway in, halfway out, flowing nicely with Minji's part. I was in the front for this part and I saw my signature trademarks, mask and key, emphasized. They added our gems near our feet as we danced to the chorus.


Verse two came, my little Easter egg for everyone. Yes, I did 'sing' this verse, but my voice was HeeYoung and SunJung. I signed my part as I swirled around on my pearly pointe shoes with HeeYoung and SunJung singing in the background what I was signing. HeeYoung and SunJung squeezed my arms tightly as we watched this scene.


Back to the chorus with an outfit change along with a format change, this time with HeeYoung and Minji in the front with SunJung and I in the back. My mask was now white and decorated with pearls and the girls had their signature jewelery on, flashing about in the lights. HeeYoung's outfit was more fluffy red and firey looking and SunJung's was an almost tomboy-ish contrast. I was in white. Minji was still silvery and glittery.


Next came SunJung's rock out part with her sassy wildly patterned pants and puffed out hair. The guitar did its power chords as she rapped at her part wickedly. This was the part most international fans loved because it was about being an individual and to not let your background or your past hardships define you. (Plus it was in English.)


The song slowly died down after a double repeat of the chorus, Minji singing the high harmonizing notes while I signed the chorus HeeYoung and SunJung sang. The background was grim-looking, but each of us was like a candle in the darkness. Slowly we started fading away, first Minji with her short blonde bob swaying, model walking away into the darkness. SunJung flipped, landing perfectly and vanished in the opposite direction of Minji. HeeYoung reached for the sky and it looked like someone was pulling her up into the sky, fading away. It ended with me in my live debut outfit, walking on pointe delicately under a dark archway. I vanish, and four gemstones clatter to the ground where I had stood. The screen faded to black.


We were silent, and then at the same time all of us cheered and clapped at the same time, amazed how those three long months of sweating, getting frusterated, and exhaustion, (not to mention insane college testing and studying) paid off. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter