Chapter 2

His Beautiful Black Pearl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2


Kim Jongin

 

 

"Kai! You're not in the right spot again!" the dance instructor yelled for the fifth time that day. The boys of Exo-K looked at their band member curiously. Exo-M was on the other side of the room practicing with no problem.


"I'm sorry." he said, and moved to the correct spot again. Ever since the performance of the "Silence," he had not been himself. He was consistently looking off into space, not listening to his hyungs, and all in all couldn't focus.


He couldn't stop thinking about her. The way she moved and just how she captivated the audience so easily...it was magic. And those eyes...he'd never seen such genuine green eyes. There was something about her. She was different, in more ways than one. He had to see her again, find out her first name, give her back her key...


He felt the key around his neck again and began dancing. The boys ran through the routine twice more before the instructor let them have a small break.


"So, sounds like the big boss is thinking about pulling some trainees for a new girl group." Chanyeol said, grabbing a water bottle.


"Really?" Kai asked, interested.


"Yeah, I've heard that too. Four girls, and that they've got a new trainee coming in today." Suho said, joining the two. "Trainee's room isn't too far down from here actually."


Something inside him told him to go and investigate. Kai grabbed a water bottle and made his way out of the hot dance room and into the cool hallway. As he walked along trying to cool himself off, he caught a glimpse of a small figure entering a vacant dance room. He walked over to the room, curious to see who was in there. He looked up at the title above the door.


"Silence."


Was it really her? He finally gathered enough courage to look into the room. He gasped.


It was her.


And she was doing hip-hop.


Kai stood rooted to the spot, his eyes never leaving her. Her dark long hair was in a ponytail and it whipped around her frame. Her mask slipped a little as she finished her move. Kai's eyes strained to see what was under her mask, but she went to the mirror and straightened it. Her eyes met his in the mirror. She spun around and stared back at him. She looked terrified and embarrassed that he had been watching. Her expression turned from surprise to anger and she made her way to the door. Kai began to run away, but because he'd been standing for a while, he fell down.


The girl looked at him lying on the ground, staring at him with anger. It just now occurred to him as he stood up that she hadn't spoken a single word yet. Was she prolonging her more than certain speech about how it was rude to spy on someone? Instead she did something surprising.


She began to laugh.


Her laugh was like little bells, so quiet but musical. Kai felt extremely embarrassed and started brushing himself off. She stopped laughing and moved her lips, but no sound came out. He looked at her curiously. She bit her lower lip and began to sign.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter