Chapter 20

Neko

Meek looked at Kota quietly for a moment.
"...So we're brothers?" Meek asked looking at the other two. "...I would have never guessed." 

Meanwhile, the remaining members of the house were gathered in the living room. Kota had brought Meek to their home but decided to wait on the introductions. Meek told them about Eeteuk and looked at Ryeowook. "Please get my Appa out." He said quietly. Ryeowook nodded and helped Donghae outside to go get him.

Junsu looked at Yuchun seriously. "He's going to come for Meek, it's obvious. But what will happen when you two come face to face? " He said.
"I'll be sure to leave before he gets in the house...You leave me with.." 
Junsu rolled his eyes before grabbing him. "Your mine Yuchun." 
"I know..."


On the other side of town, Ryeowook was helping Donghae along despite Donghae saying he was fine. They arrived at the shelter and cringed at the scent that they both remembered too well despite the time gap. They went inside and looked for Eeteuk. They found him in one of the back cages, and beaten. He locked eyes with Ryeowook but when he saw Donghae, he looked away.

One of the guys walked up. "Can I help you?" 
"I was told by one of my nekos that one of my own has been captured without a collar? I'm afraid he got away when I wasn't looking. I'll be sure to give him a good whipping tonight." 
"Papers?" 
Donghae held out the papers. the guard gave them a quick glance before turning to the cage and unlocking it, grabbed Leeteuk out roughing and tieing him wth a collar and leash. It was typcal for Neko to be , regardless of gender so the guy didn't bother dressing him.


Ryeowook led Eeteuk along by his leash while he also helped Donghae. When they were outside, Ryeowook shook out of his jacket and gave it to Eeteuk. "Tie this around your waist Teukie....... Don't think that I've forgiven you. You took my child away from me for three years. But you're a neko like me so why not show some generosity. Hmph. You can go back where you came from. Here are your papers. I have Meek so I don't need you." He said before tugging Donghae along to go home.

Eeteuk frowned and his tail swayed slightly but he couldn't blame Ryeowook. His eyes narrowed towards their direction and he growled. ~It's time for me to act.~ He thought.

An hour later. Donghae, Ryeowook, Yuchun, Junsu, Kota, and Hyukkie all sat around Meek in a circle. "Meek.... It's me. Umma." Ryeowook mumbled first. Meek's ears pricked up and he smiled before going to hug Ryeowook. The room filled with content and happy purrs and Ryeowook hugged him tightly.

"I missed you, Meek." He said, tears wetting Meek's shirt. Meek looked at him and a tear off his cheek. "I'm home Umma.... Just know that, Appa wasn't taking me away to be mean... He looked like he was hurting." Meek said. Donghae spoke next. "I'm Kota and Hyukkie's father. Yours too, just not by blood. You're a pureblood." He said. Meek nodded and hugged him too. "Kota and Hyukkie... you're my brothers so.... Saranghamnida." He said bowing to them. "And you too...." Meek cut off. Junsu was gone. "He went off to bed." Yuchun explained. "I'm Yuchun. This is my house. Junsu is my husband and lover." He said smiling.

Outside, Eeteuk walked without a noise towards the back door. He slipped a nail into the lock and the door opened. He made his way to the room he used tostay in...... Yuchun's room. He opened the door and found Junsu waiting for him. "I sensed you'd come.... are you angry with me? You never made your move." He said turning to face Eeteuk. Eeteuk's fur bristled and there was a moment of silence before Eeteuk launched at Junsu, eyes a golden yellow as he knocked Junsu to the floor.

If the others hadn't been celebrating Meek'sreturn, they would have heard it.

Eeteuk sank his teeth into Junsu's shoulder, aiming for his neck but missing, his claws digging into Junsu's arm. Junsu kicked Eeteuk off and growled, pinning him down. His nails were digging deep into Eeteuk's neck, almost at the jugular, when Eeteuk kneed him in the face. He pinned Junsu and bit his neck, hard. Blood seeped out around his mouth and Junsu's eyes wdened as he gasped. Eeteuk pulled back, shaking, and blood dripping from his mouth before he fell to the ground, gasping for air before he fell unconscious. Junsu lay lifeless on the carpet beside him.

In the other room, Ryeowook froze. "What?" Donghae asked as every eye turned to him. Ryeowook's eyes widened. "I smell blood." He said getting up. "Something's happened." He said running towards Yuchun's room. He opened the door but after it got wide enough for him to go through, it hit something. "Oh God.... Yuchun-ah! YUCHUN!" He shouted, stumbling back out of the room backwards.

"Kota, take Meek and Hyukkie to bed with you. Now." Donghae said as he and Yuchun headed to follow Ryeowook. Donghae helped Ryeowook up and Yuchun slipped into the room. He stared in horror at the blood stained white carpet. He went to Junsu first, kneeling beside him, tears slipping down his cheeks. "Junsu-ah." He whispered. He moved Junsu's hair out of his face and cringed.He was cold. He ran his hands over the wounds in Junsu's arms and leant over, crying over Junsu. He couldn't say anything for a while as he cried and the others knew, despite the silence, what he wanted to say.

Ryeowook walked into the room and kneeled, picking Junsu up, despite Yuchun's pleading look. "I have to call the coroner Hyung. Neko may live long.... but we decompose quickly to keep our secrets from humans. His funeral will likely be tonight." Ryeowook explained. Yuchun finally nodded. Ryeowook paused at the door. "Hyung....... Eeteuk's not dead." He murmured.

Donghae left the room with those words, to follow Ryeowook.

Yuchun looked weakly at Eeteuk's barely breathing form. A spark of hatred flared inside of him but he couldn't take losing another person. He got up silently and got the first aid kit from the bathroom.

A while later, Eeteuk lay on the bed, bandaged and as well off as he could be in his state. Yuchun made his way to the living room. Ryeowook was waiting for him. "Hyung....... Eeteuk did this for you." He whispered.

"I know...but..."He cut off that pain in his heart returning stronger then before. "...I'm not sure I can ever forgive him."

Ryeowook crossed the room and patted his back. "You know... he warned you he would do this three years ago and you offered to help him. If he loses you, what's he got left?" He said.


"I didn't say I wasn't going to love him....I said I wouldn't forgive him."

Ryeowook cocked his head to the side. "That doesn't make any sense to me Yuchun." He said honestly.

"I guess it wouldn't..would it.."He whispered. He looked up at him. "..Ryeowook...stay with me tonight...only tonight..."

Ryeowook smiled softly. "The coroners will be here soon.... I'll go change and come back to meet them with you. You should get a shower before they get here." He said.

Yuchun nodded with a sigh and stood nearly falling over and headed towards the shower.

Ryeowook frowned and followed him. "Hyung.... on second thought, take a bath. I don't want you to get hurt." He said going to his room to change clothes.