Chapter 18

Neko

 

Three Years Later
 
"Appa!" Meek called from his room. Eeteuk went to turn around but stopped as he saw his son, who, despite being the human age of six, was around 15 as a Neko, had a collar around his neck and a huge grin on his face. Over the last three years, Eeteuk's own clan mark as well as Ryeowook's had come together to form their bloodline mark on Meek's shoulder. His hair had grown longer and his eyes a brighter blue. His girlish features.... remained however. Eeteuk could only wonder why he had a collar.

Eeteuk looked at him, not smiling. "Meek..... where did you get that collar?" He said cautiously.

"I found it." He squeaked.
"Found it where?"
"...........ebay ^w^"
Eeteuk sighed before holding his hand out. "Give it to me."

Meek put his hands to it protectively. "No! It's my favorite ^w^" He squeaked. "It's dangerous Meek!" Eeteuk growled.

"How is it dangerous?" Meek asked. "...Because..... wait, your favorite? You have more?!"
Meek blushed and backed up a bit.

Eeteuk grabbed him in a hug type hold and got the collar off. "These collars are what Neko wear when they're slaves to humans. Don't ever let me see you with one again." Eeteuk growled. "But... Umma wore one." Meek said.

"That's because your umma belonged to Donghae..... but you're your own person."
Meek looked at him with a guilty look before turning away. "It's not like i'm going out and being a slave to anyone. Appa please give it back."
"No. It's better for you not to even wear one."
"But..."
"No buts do you understand me Meek?"
"Yes sir..."
Eeteuk turned, collar in hand, planning to destroy it later. Meek ran a hand through his hair before turning to leave.
"I'm going out okay...."
"To where?"
"To the park to relax. I guess." He grabbed a hat from the rack to hide his ears before leaving. Leeteuk sighed and let him go, looking down at the collar. He wanted to raise Meek away from these things.

Meek himself sat on the more secluded side of the park he had mentioned. He watched as people walked, families played. He'd thought about his own but their faces were all but blurred in his mind. He sighed as he watched a Neko child be lead by its young owner. Here in this city, a Neko had to have a collar, it was standard proceedure. If there was one without one, they were likely to be captured and sold, or re-sold if they had temporarily gained their freedom. Eeteuk had said that they wouldn't wear collars because they were as equal as the rest.... so he said.

Meek himself had this sort of of being forced into anything, especially if it was ual. Of course there were few humans he could have fun with.

Many men mistook him for a girl. Many did, had their fun.... till they realized he was a guy, then left. Go figure.He lay his head down on his knees but looked back up when he heard the jingle of a neko collar. Turning, he met the eyes of a brown haired Neko boy as the same as he. He was alone... no owner beside him.

Meek looked up at him curiously, sniffing the air. The boy frowned. "You're a Neko." He stated. Meek gasped. "Who are you?" He asked.

"My name's Kota..... hm.... you look familiar." He said. "Kota... hm, nice to meet you. I'm Meek.... It must be really nice to get to walk around by yourself." He said.

Kota's eyes widened when he heard Meek's name. "Meek? I'm looking for my brother. He's my age and looks kinda like you. Same name.... who's your Umma?" He asked. Meek turned to face him, still sitting. "I don't have an Umma.... I live with my Appa. I hope you find your brother though." He said.

Kota sighed. "Our Appa's at home.. Thanks anyways. Hey... If you happen to see him, will you tell him we miss him?" Kota asked. Meek nodded but tensed as an officer came up to them. "You're master around?" He asked Kota, glancing at Meek. Kota shook his head. "No sir, he's home. I was sent on an errand for some groceries..... Mianhae, i'll be going soon. This friend here was just asking me to pass a message to my master." Kota lied.

The officer looked at Meek who nodded and soon left, muttering about kids. "Thanks for that." Meek said. "No problem...." Kota said quietly. "I have to be going......" Meek said. Kota's ears flattened. "Oh... well, take this." He said. Meek smiled as he was given a piece of paper with their number on it. "Bye!" He said and ran off.

After a few moments, Kota heard a vioce.

"Kota..." 
Kota turned as he heard the voice to see Hyukkie walk out of the woods, sticks stuck in his hair left and right. 
"The forest doesn't like me Kota..."

Kota smiled and hugged him, pulling twigs out of his hair. "I met a neko kid just a while ago... he was so much like Meek, even cross dresses. But he's a purebreed. He even has the same name." He said.
 
"Really?" Hyukkie squeaked. "Oh...where is he? I want to meet him. " 
"He said he had to get home." 
"..oh..." Hyukkie smiled up at him. "I think it just means were one step closer to finding him Kota."

"Maybe...." He said smiling softly. "I gave him our number. Maybe we'll see him again so I can introduce you two. 

At home, Meek greeted Eeteuk and then went to his room. He dug for a collar in his hiding spot and got on the internet, looking for something of interest to him. He had bookmarked several pages that he had to lie on his age on and never told his dad.

Eeteuk looked up at the door to Meek's room and sighed. His ear twitching lightly before going back to what he was doing.

He googled several strange things and he even once got an email sent because his IP address had shown up on adult sites and he was to confirm his age through several things. He smirked and closed the screen, sighing. ~I wonder if anyone will pick me up if I wear this without Eeteuk with me.~ He thought. 

//Yuchun's house//

Yuchun sat watching the tv screen as it talked about the new rules of the neko laws and such. 
Ryeowook was in the kitchen getting things ready to make dinner when Hyukkie and Kota got back. 
Donghae was asleep in bed, he had caught a cold and both Ryeowook and Yuchun made him sleep. 
Junsu, who married Yuchun about a year ago lay alseep on said husband's shoulder.

"Umma! Guess what Kota saw! He saw a boy like Meek who was named Meek!... He said it wasn't him." Hyukkie said. "He doesn't have the same parents as us." Kota said setting the things down. Ryeowook stilled.

".He's a purebreed so he couldn't be our brother...I thought we had gotten close this time to finding him." Kota said.
"....I told you to stop looking for him."
Kota looked up at Ryeowook with a guilty look. "I know...but he's our brother we can't help it."

"The man who took him... will never return him even if you find them... It won't do you any good so stop looking." Ryeowook said starting dinner. "Mianhae, Umma... This boy though..... he was strange. He cross dressed, no collar, and whined because his Appa won't let him wear a collar." Kota said.

Ryeowook froze and stopped in his cooking. 
"I told you not to worry about your damn brother!" Ryeowook shouted finally stirring the food quickly. 
Both boys, and Yuchun cringed. They had never heard Ryeowook curse.

Hyukkie whimpered and ran off, crying. "Hyukkie!" Kota called after him, following.

Ryeowook sighed resting his head on the counter the food starting to burn as it stuck to the pan. 
'its him...the boy they found has to be Meek..but why..why find him now?' he groaned in his head.

Yuchun took the spoon, stirring the food. "It's him... isn't it..... That means that Eeteuk's close by too.... you're hurting I know, but you can get what's missing, back." He said calmly.

"I don't want either of them back. I hate Eeteuk for taking my son...I hate my damn son for choosing his father over me."

Yuchun frowned. "It's not the child's fault, Ryeowook. He just wanted his father. He didn't chose to leave. He had no choice at all." Yuchun said.

"He could have come back...he could have sought me out..."Ryeowook buried his head in his hands trying not to cry. "I still don't call him my son."

Yuchun moved the pan and hugged him. "Don't cry.... he was tiny, Ryeowook... he wouldn't remember you by the time he would be able to look for you... Eeteuk said he wanted you to hurt, he succeeded. But I think he'll return Meek to you one day." He said.

"One day isn't now!" Ryeowook shouted turning and scratching Yuchun but instantly regretted it and hugged him crying.

Yuchun hugged him back, petting his head. "I know... why don't you try and contact them? I'm sure their scent's around if they've been close by..... It won't hurt to try." He said.

"...I guess....but not now."Ryeowook whispered.

Back at Eeteuk's, Meek looked at the phone number, laying on his bed. "I wonder what their family's like." He whispered, getting up and going to the living room, taking the collar off and putting it in his pocket as he did. "Appa...... What's my family like?" he asked. 
Eeteuk looked over at him. 

"...It's hard to explain..." Eeteuk replied.

"What do you mean hard to explain?" He said irritated. He sat down, the collar jingling in his pocket. "I got bells.... Oh, Appa. I met a friend today. He was really nice and he gets to walk around freely even though he has a master." He said happily.

Eeteuk looked over at him cautiosly. 
"...is that so...why was that?"

"His.... his Appa is his master." Meek said. Eeteuk glared at him. "What's his name?" He asked. "Kota." Meek said. "Stay away from him. He's bad news." Eeteuk said. "What why?!" Meek shouted, standing in his anger, his collar falling out of his pocket. His eyes widened and he snatched it up, holding it close.

Eeteuk's eyes narrowed. "Meek. Give me that collar. Now." He said holding his hand out. "No! You're lieing about my friends so why should I believe you about the collar?! I hate you Appa! It's the law to have these and you're not going to keep me from making friends!" He shouted, crying, and running off.

Eeteuk sighed and let him go. This was their first big argument, and it hurt. He frowned as he heard the door slam. He gave him a few minutes before going upstairs. He knocked softly on the door, it was locked. "Meek?" He called softly.

Meek frowned, tears rolling down his face as he lay on the bed. "Go away!" He shouted. He stood and clasped his collar around his neck before wiping his eyes. He was determined to do what he wanted. He opened his window and slipped out, landing softly outside.

Eeteuk's ears caught the sound of the window. "Meek?! Meek open this door!" He growled but Meek was already gone, headed towards the city.