Chapter 17

Neko

 

"I wanna help cook for you!"Kota squeaked standing and pulling on Donghae's pants to be picked up. 
Hyukkie raced over as well wanting to be picked up too. 
Meek however continued to sit on the floor staring up at Eeteuk.

Eeteuk reached down and picked up Meek, purring as he did so. "So... how do I look?" He laughed, holding Meek close to him. He giggled and purred. "More like an appa than you used to." He squeaked. Donghae and Ryeowook worked on the food with the other two but Ryeowook grew more anxious every minute that Eeteuk shared with Meek.

Donghae turned to look at him before sighing. "Meek... come here please."

Meek mewled and hopped down from Eeteuk who made a sound of protest but stayed put. His stomache growled loudly.

"Almost done mister Teukie." Hyukkie squeaked. Meek was busy pushing buttons on the stove at this point.

Eeteuk went to the fridge and got out stuff for a sandwich. He fixed three and started eating. "Trust me... this won't spoil my appetite" He said.

Ryeowook pouted having had worked hard on his food. Meek waddled back over to Eeteuk and purred against his hand.

Eeteuk picked him up again, finishing his first sandwhich. He bit off a small piece of the second one and held it up to Meek before eating the rest. "Don't pout. I'll eat what you fix Ryeowookie." He said.

Ryeowook growled at the closeness between Eeteuk and Meek, gaining a whine from Meek.

Eeteuk's ears flicked forwards and he frowned but didn't let go of Meek. "I'm not taking your child, Ryeowook. I'm merely being friendly." He said.

"It has nothing to do with you taking him. I just don't like that he's so close." Ryeowook bit out.
Donghae sighed, going over to pick Meek up.

Eeteuk hissed, fangs bared, before he even realized it. When he did, though, he let go and took his food to the other room, tail tucked.

Meek whined and reached for him. "Appa!" He squeaked but cowered when Donghae glared. "I don't want him in this house." Ryeowook growled.

"Didn't Yuchun send him though?" Donghae asked. "Kids back in here!.... We'll talk to Yuchun when he gets here." Ryeowook said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After a few good night kisses, ones that Junsu knew were half hearted, Yuchun headed home. He wondered how things had went with Eeteuk and Ryeowook.

His question was answered when he pulled up and found Eeteuk outside, curled up by the front door, crying.

Making his way over he bent down, petting Eeteuk's head, his fingers running through his soft hair. "What's wrong Eeteuk?" He asked.

Eeteuk burried his face into Yuchun's chest. He pulled back though when he was assaulted with Junsu's scent. He looked away. "I am being kicked out of your home again... for loving what is mine." He said.

"....You met Meek didn't you?" Yuchun whispered. 
Eeteuk sighed before nodding. "It's not fair...Ryeowook won't even let me around him..."


"You can't really blame him.... after all, they believe Donghae is their father... which to one and part of another, he is..." Yuchun said. "He called me Appa........ Look, just let me eat in your room. I'll stay in there all day, you have a bathroom." Eeteuk said.

Yuchun bit his lip but nodded standing up and motioning for him to stay till he had talked with Ryeowook.

He waited anxiously for Yuchun to come back. He looked through the window of the door and mewled softly as he saw Meek run by. Yuchun opened the door then and Eeteuk stepped back. "So... Can I stay?" He said.

"If you stay in my room. Ryeowook doesn't feel like being nice so I'm surprised you got that much." Yuchun replied with a nervous laugh before motioning for him to come in.

Eeteuk followed and kept his eyes on Yuchun.... and once on Yuchun's . He shook his head and sat on the bed, silent. "Eeteuk.... don't be upset, I'm sure eventually Ryeowook will become more lenient..." Yuchun said. "Think about it. Meek even recognizes his own father." Eeteuk said.

"I doubt he recognizes you..more like he just calls you that becuase of what you said...who knows. " He walked over and quickly pulled Eeteuk into a kiss.

Eeteuk responded quickly, desperately. When they pulled apart, he spoke. "Neko's can recognize their parents if they had contact with them at birth.... It's instinct." He said.

"I have a feeling that contact is why Ryeowook is so touchy about it. He's afraid Meek will bond with you." Yuchun said.

"Why can't he?! He's not Donghae's child! He's mine! Ryeowook could have stopped me that time! It hurts to have my child kept from me...." He said curling up in the bed, the tears returning. "And I can't even get you back until I can kill Junsu." He said more quietly.
Yuchun lay down beside him hugging him. "....One day Eeteuk...one day Meek will be old enough to not have to listen to Ryeowook."

"That'll be years!....." He said sharply. Their door opened and they looked to see little Meek in the doorway before he shut the door and ran over to them, climbing up onto the bed.

"What are you doing here?" Eeteuk asked but welcomed him with open arms as he snuggled between them on the bed. "I wanted to be here." Meek purred, settling down before drifting easily off to sleep.

Yuchun smiled. "It may not be so far off as you think." He said.

Eeteuk frowned. "What about Junsu? Why can't you just leave him?" He asked. Yuchun looked away. "It's complicated." He said.

(A/N: It's early morning now, Eeteuk arrived around 8pm so it's around 2am.)

Eeteuk's eyes flashed. "Has he threatened you? How is it complicated? It could take weeks or months for me to be back to myself...." He said looking down at Meek.

"No. It's nothing like that." Yuchun spoke raising his head. "It's more along the lines of.... he's sensitive and lonely."

Eeteuk gave him a bored look before he bit Yuchun. "I don't give a ...." He said.

Yuchun winced but sighed. "You would if you were in his shoes."

"Yes but.... I'm not................ Do you love him, Yuchun?" He accused, ears flat.

"I........ a little." He whispered. Meek, having been woken up in their arguing, looked between them before curling into a ball beteen them.

Eeteuk sat up and faced away from him. "Good.... then I won't be needing to stay." He said picking up Meek.

Meek whined in his sleep before turning and going to a peaceful sleep again. "Please Eeteuk.... Don't take Meek..." Yuchun said.
"WHERE IS HE?!" Ryeowook's near scream broke the silence.


Eeteuk's ears twitched. "He's mine as much as he is Ryeowook's... Let's see how he likes being without his son for three years." He said opening the window and soon slipping out it.

"Eeteuk!" Yuchun shouted going after him but Eeteuk was already gone. Ryeowook ran into the room then.

Yuchun turned to look at him. "He's gone." He said, shocked. He looked back at the window. Ryeowook growled and slapped Yuchun, leaving claw marks. He followed Eeteuk's scent, pissed.

 

Yuchun put a hand to his cheek before looking up at Donghae who just stood there glaring at him.

Eeteuk ran, he ran for both their lives, running through people and narrow streets. He didn't care that he was bare footed or in pajamas, even as he felt the sharp pain of broken glass stabbing into his foot. He held Meek closer and kept running.

Meek's ears twitched before he looked up at Eeteuk. "Appa, where are we going?" Ryeowook was close behind and Eeteuk could feel it. He had to lose him.... had to hide his scent.

"I can't say now." He said, heading out of the city towards the nearby woods. He leapt up to a branch, traveling that way until he reached the river. "Meek.... I need you to hold on tight, and hold your breath." He said and leapt off, intending to swim across.

Meek did as told and gasped when they reached the other side, soaking wet. "....Appa.... I'm wet."

Eeteuk hid behind some bushes, laying down and panting. "I know you are.. and I'm sorry." He said. He brought his foot closer and bit his lip in pain as he yanked the glass out before tearing his shirt to wrap around it.

Meek looked down and whined. "You're hurt Appa..." He squeaked. Before Eeteuk could stop him, Meek the blood off his hand. "Poor Appa..."

Eeteuk smiled and hugged him, pressing closer to the ground. "I'll be fine, you're here." He murmured but tensed as he heard Ryeowook across the river.

"Um..." Eeteuk quickly covered Meek's mouth before he could finish. Ryeowook trailed back and forth slowly before turning and heading downstream.

Meek whined. "Why'd you do that?! Umma was there!" He cried. "He's angry... he shouldn't see you right now... Come on, let's go." Eeteuk said picking him up and heading towards a path he knew would take them to the nearest city.

A/N: This one stops here because there is another time skip. Obviously I updated more than twice today but I was feeling good about it so you get more :)