Plans for Tomorrow

The List

  Yongguk slouched in the chair of the waiting room. The nurses glanced at him every now and then, surprised that he was still there. It had been three hours since he took Himchan to the E.R. He sighed, glancing at the clock. They'd told him to go home, but how could he leave his best friend by himself?

“Yongguk?” Zelo's voice pulled Yongguk from his thoughts. He turned to find the boy standing in the doorway, once again leaning against his IV pole.

“Zelo...what are you doing down here?” He asked, standing up immediately to go to Zelo's side.

“I heard Himchan was here...Yongguk, is he alright?” Zelo pouted, following Yongguk back to the seats and lowering himself into his own.

Yongguk nodded, sighing and dropping his head into his hands. “There's not really much they can do. He's not injured or anything, and the drugs they gave him have been in his system too long. They just gave him fluids to flush his system and he have to wait for the high to fade. It would be easier if they knew what he'd been given, or how much..”

Zelo nodded. “But he's going to be alright?”

“Yeah. I just don't want to leave him here alone.” Yongguk looked over at Zelo with desperation. “What if he needs me?”

Zelo reached for Yongguk's hand, squeezing lightly. Yongguk met his eyes, smiling softly.

“Again.” He spoke softly. “What are you doing down here? You should be in bed at this time of night. You even carried your IV down here.”

“I was...worried about you...” Zelo muttered, pulling his hand away to pull his knit hat down further over his ears.

“Me?” Yongguk couldn't help but chuckle, his heart filling with warmth.

Zelo nodded. “Himchan is your best friend...I knew you'd be worried...I didn't want you to sit down here all by yourself and worry to death.”

Yongguk laughed even more at this. “Awe, you're so sweet Zelo.”

Zelo chuckled, hiding his face behind his hand. He shook his head and smiled, teeth showing behind his fingers.

The two stayed in the waiting room and talked for hours, until Zelo started to doze off. He leaned against Yongguk's shoulder, eyes heavy and yawned. Yongguk chuckled.

“Come on.” Yongguk stood up, pulling Zelo with him. He wrapped an arm around Zelo's waist and propped up the sleepy boy. “Let's get you to bed, hmm?”

Zelo nodded, muttering incoherantly. His feet dragged the floor as Yongguk helped him out of the waiting room. He stopped to tell a nurse where he would be if Himchan needed him, and then led Zelo to the elevator.

Zelo wobbled, leaning against Yongguk with one hand holding the IV pole. Zelo giggled as the elevator went up and laid his head on Yongguk's shoulder.

Yongguk bit his lip, glancing down at the top of the boy's head. His heart thumped in his chest and a smile broke out across his face. Zelo just seemed so cute and adorable, Yongguk didn't think he could stand it, the way his heart and his entire being just seemed to smile at Zelo's prescence.

He shook Zelo awake again gently when they reached the right floor. The two walked to the room and Yongguk pulled Zelo up into the bed. He called a nurse into the room to remove the IV while Zelo tried his best to stay awake, telling Yongguk all about how his mother had just called him for the first time in weeks earlier that day.

Yongguk smiled as the nurse left, sitting in the chair beside Zelo's bed. “What did she say?” He asked.

Zelo smiled, eyes closed as he snuggled into his blankets. “She said she's going to try to come see me soon. It shouldn't be long. I haven't seen her in a month, Hyung.” He grinned, looking at Yongguk before yawning. “Are you going to stay all night?”

Yongguk nodded. “Probably.”

There was a short pause, Zelo bit his lip and then spoke. “Do you want to maybe...share the bed then? It'll be uncomfortable to sleep on the couch..”

Yongguk thought for a minute, waiting until his heart stopped thumping loudly in his ears before he spoke. “I don't see why not...there's room for us both.”

Zelo smiled and nodded, quickly moving over to make room for Yongguk. The older pulled his shoes off and climbed up under the blankets. He laid back and Zelo snuggled in next to him, grabbing hold of his shirt sleeve and snuggling into his shoulder.

Yongguk chuckled. “Everything is gonna be alright...let's just sleep.”

He closed his eyes, barely hearing what else Zelo had to say before he drifted into a tired sleep.

The next day had been better. Yongguk woke up with Zelo wrapped up in his arms, head tucked under his chin. He held onto Zelo until he woke up and the two went for breakfast, both blushing like idiots the entire way. They were allowed to see Himchan after they ate, and spent the entire morning in his hospital room.

Himchan still had Ivs hooked up to him, the television on, and bags under his eyes. He sat propped up against pillows in the bed with his blankets wrapped around his waist. Yongguk sat in the chair pulled beside the bed. Zelo curled up at the foot of the bed with his beanie back on his head.

“I think you look just fine without the hat.” Yongguk told Zelo, turning to Himchan. “Tell him, Channie. Tell him that he looks just fine without the hat.”

“He looks like a bowling ball.” Himchan teased, causing Zelo to playfully slap his leg beneath the blanket before whining at Yongguk.

“I look horrible!” He pouted. “Bald does not look good on an eighteen year old boy.”

Yongguk thumped Himchan and shot him a glare before he reached over and pulled the hat right off of Zelo's head. Zelo whined, grabbing his head and covering it with his hands, trying to hide himself from view.

“You look fine.” Yongguk told him once more, shoving the hat onto his own head, still warm from Zelo's head. He smiled to himself.

Zelo peeked out from behind his hands and looked at Yongguk. He sighed, long and loud and drooped his shoulders. “Hyung...please give me back my hat.”

“Nope.” Yongguk grinned. Zelo jumped, reaching out for his hat, only to have Yongguk slide his chair out of reach.

Zelo sat back at the foot of the bed and pouted, crossing his arms over his chest. He staid that way until Daehyun knocked on the door and walked in.

“They said everyone was in here.” He shut the door behind him. “Youngjae will be here after he gets out of class...what happened? Why are we all here?”

Himchan chuckled. “It's my fault.”

Daehyun rose an eyebrow, leaning up against the wall beside Yongguk. “Obviously, what happened?”

Himchan shrugged. “I just got into a bit of trouble, but Yongguk Hyung got me out.”

Daehyun sighed, looking down at Yongguk and then looking around the room. The others continued to talk, Zelo still pouting about his missing hat. Yongguk continued to laugh, the hat snug on his head until Daehyun told them all to hush, pointing to the television.

“Turn it up.” He told Himchan.

Himchan reached over and grabbed the remote, mashing the volume up button several times until they could all hear it clearly. A news report, the words “2 Bodies Found” flashing across the bottom of the screen.

The reporter spoke, detailing a story familiar to two of the boys in the room already. One man found dead in a house, another found dead in an abandoned school yard. Yongguk glanced at Himchan and they shared a look.

“Both men were shot, but a third victim was found in critical condition early this morning. His face had been smashed in with what seemed to be a crowbar of some kind. He's not expected to make it. The identities of the two dead men have just been passed to us. The man found in the house is Ok DaeSung, a man suspected of running a trafficking ring here in Seoul. The other was a known drug dealer, Cha SonWoo.”

Daehyun turned to the others. “Damn...stuff like that happening these days. It's sad. But they kind of deserve it, right?”

“Right..” Yongguk muttered.

“A gun was found in a nearby trashcan.” The reporter continued. “The serial number had been filed off and it was dropped in paint, making fingerprints and other identifying markers impossible to trace. However, the bullet that killed SonWoo was matched to this gun. We are asking that if anyone has any information that they come forward as soon as possible.”

Yongguk his lips, looking once more at Himchan before sighing.

“Do you think they'll ever find who did it?” Zelo asked.

Yongguk shook his head. “No..No I don't think so.”

“But they've got the gun. “Daehyun pointed out.”

Himchan responded. “But they said that the evidence on it has been destroyed. How would they figure out who the gun belonged to?”

Daehyun shrugged. “I don't know. I don't even care. Those guys deserved to die and whoever killed them should get an award or something.”

Yongguk chuckled “Harsh, Dae..”

Daehyun shrugged. “It's whatever, you know. I just don't see why it should matter if two thugs are dead or not. Two more criminals off the street.”

“I recall a time when you called me a criminal, too.” Yongguk pointed out, making all four of them laugh.

“That was a long time ago, though.” Daehyun defended himself. “Before I got to know you...before Zelo fell for your charms.”

Yongguk turned to grin at Zelo, winking playfully. Zelo whined, trying to find something to throw at his brother.

“I did not fall for Yongguk!” He pouted, tossing a sock at Daehyun.

He laughed, tossing the sock back at Zelo. “You just keep telling yourself that, Kid.”

Zelo pouted, meeting Yongguk's eyes for a moment. Both of them smiled and then Zelo looked back at Daehyun to continue arguing.

Yongguk smiled, arms crossed over his chest, as he watched the group, even as Youngjae joined them and wrapped Daehyun in his arms to join the silly argument as it progressed from Zelo and Yongguk being in love to what was for dinner, to what they were even going to do the next day.

“I've got plans tomorrow.” Yongguk told them all. “There's something important I'm going to be doing.”

“Like what?” Youngjae asked.

Yongguk shrugged, smirking softly. “Just something..I've been planning it for weeks now.”

He laughed as they tried to get out of him what he was planning to do and he refused to say a thing.