Chapter 9

My Devil Boss

Sulli came home from work and found Minho reading another book in the living room.

"Hey Boss." says Sulli as she closes the door.

"You're home." says Minho.

She nodded her head and walked over to her fish.

"Nemo, it's time for your dinner." says Sulli as she gets the fish food from the cupboard.

Minho looked at Sulli as she was about to feed her fish, he felt very nervous because he was responsible for her real fish's death.

Sulli was about to give the food to her fish when she noticed that the fish in the bowl wasn't Nemo. There was only one person to blame for this. She walked over to Minho and waited until he looked up to say something.

"Who is that fish?" asks Sulli.

"What do you mean?" replies Minho.

"That fish in that bowl, who is it? That's not my Nemo." says Sulli.

"Fine, that's not Nemo." says Minho.

"Where...is...Nemo?" says Sullli with a shaky voice.

"There was a bit of a mishap on the day of L's welcome party." replied Minho while he took out a box from the drawer under the fish bowl.

Sulli took the box and as she opened it, her tears fell out of her eyes.

"Nemo!" says Sulli as she looks at her fish inside the box.

"I'm so sorry Sulli but I got you a new fish." says Minho.

Sulli looked at him with eyes of disgust.

"You think it's that easy to replace my Nemo?" says Sulli.

Minho couldn't respond and just watched Sulli.

"All I asked you to do was feed him! Do you hate me that much?" says Sulli as she walks out to the garden. Minho followed her.

Sulli took her shovel and cleared a spot for Nemo. Minho watched as she buried the box in the garden.

"Thank you for everything Nemo." Sulli stood up and wiped the tears off of her face. Minho was still standing behind her.

"You've always wanted me to leave. Well, you are finally getting what you want. Because of this, I realized that we can't live together anymore. I'll leave the payment for the bills on the table." says Sulli.

Minho had no idea what to say, he just stared at Sulli as she prepares to leave. When she was finally walking out the door, Minho held her by the wrist. He had look that was telling her not to leave, Sulli pulled her arm away from him and walked away.

Minho did not want her to leave this way, he didn't want her to leave him at all. So, he decided to follow her as she walked on the streets.

Sulli could feel Minho following her and all she wanted to do was get away from him. When he didn't stop following her, she knew that she had to talk to him. She found a bench nearby and sat there. Minho stood in front of her and took a handkerchief out, handing it to her. She looked at him and wiped her tears off with her hands.

"Let's go home." says Minho.

Sulli shook her head. "It's not easy to forgive you. I need space from you. Just go back by yourself, the house is yours. Don't bother knowing where I'm staying either."

With that, Minho was left standing next to the bench while Sulli walked away from him. That night, Minho experienced the same pain he felt before he became the cold guy he was now.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The next morning, Sulli and everyone in the office got off a bus for their yearly office trip. It was a trip that was required for them to have every year because it was meant to strengthen the bond between the employees.

They were in a camp site with a lodge that they rented.

"Why would you pick this place Kath?" says Victoria.

Kath was assigned to pick the spot for their activity.

"Because this place offers the activities that we need." says Kath.

"But this place is full of bugs. You should have picked a better place, maybe a resort." says Victoria as she sprays bug spray around her.

"Hey, this is a trip for us to learn to work together not to go on vacation. Kath did the right thing." says Sulli.

Victoria sighed and grabbed her bags. "So, where's our rooms?" asked Victoria.

The girls decided to get one large room for themselves while the boys get their own large room except for Minho who paid for his own room. After unpacking they head outdside the lodge where they met the two instructors.

"Hello everyone! I am Ms.Lee and this is Mr.Jang. We are your instructors for today's activities." says Ms.Lee.

They all greeted them and bowed to them.

"We will start off by having you guys draw colored cloths from this bag.Find the person who has the same cloth as you and he or she will be your partner." says Mr. Jang.

They all got cloths and the pairing went like this: Victoria & Zhou Mi, Kath & Daniel, Luna & Jonghyun, Eunji & L and Minho & Sulli.

Sulli was disappointed that Minho was her partner but she was happy that Eunji was there.

"Hey L, thanks again for inviting Eunji here." says Sulli.

"Well last night, I heard her complain to Key-hyung about not being able to see you guys for awhile since you're here. So, I decided to take her along with us." explains L.

Ms.Lee explained that each pair would be given a map and they had to work together to get to the end of the map where a prize awaits them.

The others left and Sulli decided to walk with L and Eunji. Minho just followed behind them. L noticed the atmosphere between the two and decided to go to Minho since Sulli had Eunji.

"So, what's up with you two?" says L while walking next to Minho.

"Nothing you need to know." replied Minho.

Sulli heard what Minho said and rolled her eyes. Eunji noticed and felt bad for her friend. Last night, she went home to a Sulli who was sleeping in the living room couch. It turned out that Sulli came to their place and Kath was told Eunji everything when she came home.

"Sulli are you okay now?" asked Eunji.

Sulli nodded her head and just kept on walking. L started to feel uncomfortable because of the silence and decided to do something about it.

"Alright, someone has to tell me what's up because I cannot deal with this silence." said L as he stopped walking.

Sulli and Eunji turned around to see L who looked serious. Sulli looked at Minho.

"Mr.Choi, why don't you go ahead and tell L what happened." says Sulli.

Minho sighed and faced L. "I accidentally killed her fish. I apologized but she won't accept it." explains Minho to L.

"You are so quick to say that you apologized Minho, do you even know what a sincere apology is?" asked Sulli.

All of them were surprised with Sulli, it was the first time she addressed Minho with his first name.

"Um, Sulli..."

"Why don't you just go away!" says Sulli cuttiing off L. Sulli sighed and ran away from them as she started to tear up once again.

L was about to run after her when Minho stopped him. "Let me go after her, I caused this so I have to fix it myself." says a determined Minho. L nodded his head as Minho turned to run after Sulli.

"I hope they fix their problem. Let's finish this thing, I'm sure we'll meet them there, they have their own map." says Eunji to L. L nodded his head and they started walking again.

............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Sulli stopped running and realized that she didn't know where she was. Luckily the map was with her, she opened it up but the wind blew and she accidentaly dropped the map in the river next to her. She needed the map so she went in the water to get it. As she was going back, her leg cramped up and she wasn't able to swim.

Sulli was certain that she was gunna pass out and die in the river when a pair of strong arms carried her to the shore. Before her eyes closed, she saw that her savior was Minho.

"Sulli! Sulli!" Minho heard no response from her and was quick to do CPR. He did it a few times until Sulli finally coughed up water.

Minho carried her on his back because he noticed that she barely had any strenght to walk. He took her backpack and carried it on his chest.

As Minho was walking, he heard Sulli mumbling.

"Mis...Mr.Choi...I...I'm sorry...I didn't want...want you to leave."

Minho sighed and felt bad for Sulli, she had the right to despise him, he did kill her fish.

"Shhh...just rest." replied Minho and with that, Sulli's mumbling stopped.

As Minho was walking, it started to rain and he needed to get them out of the rain. Luckily, he found an old hut nearby. He laid Sulli down on the bench inside the hut and looked into Sulli's backpack. She had the emergency materials that the instructors told them to bring. Minho didn't bring anything because he was expecting them to finish the hike early.

He looked at Sulli and she started to shiver so he took the emergency blanket she had and put it on top of her but she still looked cold so he took his jacket off and put it on her.

He was tired as well so he sat on the other side of the hut and watched Sulli, eventually he fell asleep as well.

An hour later, Sulli woke up and realized that it was already night time. She observed where she was and remembered what happened to her earlier and her knight in shining armor. She looked at the other side of the hut and found Minho shivering, she looked at herself and found that his jacket was on her. She felt bad so she stood up and sat next to him.

Minho woke up and found Sulli sitting next to him. They didn't say anything they just looked at each other, Sulli forced a smile to him and she put the blanket and his jacket on top of both of them. Minho felt really cold and he did what he thought he would never do, he leaned on Sulli for more warmth. Sulli was surprised but was okay with it because Minho's warmth did help her.

Suddenly, a growl was heard and it came from Sulli's stomach. Sulli smiled at Minho shyly and remembered that she had a small camp stove and the gas that goes with it in her backpack. She also had a can of mushroom soup and a small pan to cook into. Actually, she had a camping kitchen set.

She cooked the soup and fed Minho first, he could have fed himself but it was too cold for him so he allowed Sulli to feed him. When Minho finished his part, Sulli ate the rest. They were able to drink water from the water bottle that Sulli filled up with water in the morning.

The two of them could not say anything to each other, they were quiet but they did communicate through their eyes. They showed that they were both thankful to each other. They kept looking at each other until they eventually fell asleep.

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Meanwhile, L and Eunji finally finished the trail and found that everyone was at the end except for Sulli and Minho.

"Where's Sulli and Minho?" says L to everyone. They all shook their heads and L became very worried. He was going to run back but Eunji stopped him.

"It's getting late, you wouldn't be able to find them in the dark. Let's just tell the instructors and they can tell us what they could do." says Eunji.

L nodded his head and ran to the instructors.

"Well, Mr.Kim. We're sorry to tell you this but we cannot send a search party for them until tomorrow morning. The men always go home at this time." says Ms.Lee.

L sighed and went back to the lodge with the others. He went to the window of the boys room and looked up at the sky.

"Sulli, I hope you're okay. I love you so much." says L. Afterwards, he closed the window and went to sleep, well whatever kind of sleep he could get while worrying about Sulli and maybe a little bit of Minho.

 

A/N: New update! What do you guys think about this chapter? Thank you to all my subscribers! I cannot believe that I finally reached 300 subscribers. Thank you so much! Kisses! xoxo♥♥♥