Chapter 11

My Devil Boss

It was a week after the company trip and everything was back to normal in the office. Sulli forgave Minho and accepted the new fish who she named Kimbap. They were also starting to get along in the house.

The employees however, have started letting out their feelings. Kath and Daniel always tried to avoid each other but one time Sulli caught the two of them talking in the kitchen. Meanwhile, Jonghyun was trying to sort out his feelings for Luna because everytime she passed by, he couldn't help but stare at her beauty. Victoria was finally opening up to Zhou Mi because he saved her from men who were trying to hit on her when she was going home one night. L was still his usual fun self and Sulli was becoming a closer friend to him. There was only one person who didn't change at all and it was Minho which means that the dating ban was still around.

Minho was in his office, finishing up the report about their group trip. He was about to check his email when he received a call from Mr.Woo.

"Annyeonghasseyo Mr.Woo." said Minho as he answered his phone.

"Minho-ssi, I just wanted to let you know that our Marketing Director will be here tonight. I would like you to meet her and have dinner with us. I will inform L about this after this call. Oh, and please bring Sulli, I want her to know what is going on as well." said Mr.Woo.

"Yes, Mr. Woo. We will be there." replied Minho.

"Alright, we'll be having dinner at the French restaurant near our company." said Mr.Woo.

"Thank you." says Minho as the call ended.

He turned back to his computer and as he was reading the names of the people who emailed him, he froze at the fourth name. He loosened his tie and gulped, he was not expecting a reply from his dark past. He stared at the words that the person replied to him.

To: Stephanie Hwang

Why did you leave me without saying anything?

From: Choi Minho

 

To: Choi Minho

Because I still love you.

From: Stephanie Hwang

As he finished reading the message, Sulli walked in and he closed it right away and pretended to be typing.

"Boss, here's your breakfast." says Sulli.

"Oh...ok." he said still in a daze.

Sulli noticed and she wondered what was up with him, she decided to observe him.

"Oh...Sulli."

Sulli was startled when he suddenly called her.

"We're going somewhere tonight for dinner. It will be with L, Mr.Woo and their Marketing Director." explained Minho to Sulli.

Sulli nodded her head and walked out the door. After she left, L rushed into Minho's office closed his door and put his blinds down so that the employees couldn't see them.

"Stop with pretending to work on your report Minho. I know you, you would've been done with that an hour ago." says L.

"She replied to me." said Minho.

"She replied to the email you sent 5 years ago." says L.

"Yeah, she said she...loves...me." says Minho.

"Did Mr. Woo tell you who the Marketing Director is?" asked L.

"No. But i'll know at the dinner tonight." replied Minho.

"Yeah. You'll know tonight." says L. He walked out of the door, feeling guilty for not telling Minho what he knew. L knew that if he had told Minho, he wouldn't go to the dinner. L knew that Minho had to deal with his past in order to move on from it.

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Minho, Sulli and L arrived at the restaurant and they were asked by the concierge to wait for Mr.Woo to arrive.

There was a bench at the side and L led Sulli to sit on the bench. Minho didn't want Sulli to sit next to L so he sat between them.

"Sulli-yah, how do you deal with this punk at home?" asked L.

"Actually, he deals with me." says Sulli.

"Yah! How does L know we live together?" asked Minho.

"He um...he kinda took me home before." said Sulli.

"How dare you let other men into the house." says Minho.

"Is the Great Choi Minho jealous of me?" said L.

Minho glared at L and that ended their conversation. However, Sulli ushed at the fact that Minho might have been jealous of L. As their conversation ended, Mr. Woo showed up.

"Hello everyone! This is my niece, Hwang Stephanie. She is the Marketing Director of our company and she will be wokring with you guys for the new advertisements of a new group that is debuting in our company." explained Mr.Woo.

While L and Sulli smiled and bowed at Stephanie, Minho was frozen at his spot. He could not explain what he was feeling at that time, but he did feel all the pain of the past come back to him. He was about to break down in front of them, in order to stop it he excused himself to the restroom.

Minho went to the sink and splashed his face with water. He thought back to what happened 5 years ago.

Minho just passed his exam out of college and today was also his 5 year anniversary with Stephanie. Hebloves her so much and they have been together for a long time. He was planning on proposing to her today. 

"Stephanie!" he said as he saw her in the school yard.

"Minho!" she said. They hugged as they got close to each other.

"I passed my exam!"  said a cheerful Minho.

"That's great! Congratulations! " said Stephanie as she hugs him again.

"Listen, I have something to tell you. I prepared something for our anniversary, let's meet at the restaurant where we had our first date tonightat 7pm." says Minho.

Stephanie nodded her head and she hugged Minho, as a tear fell from her eye.

Back to the present, Minho remembered how she never showed up to the dinner and the pain he went through, during the first year that she left without saying anything. He wanted to cry but he knew he had to go back to the dinner, so he splashed his face with water.

"So, you weren't ready." says L as he stands by the bathroom door.

"I thought I could handle seeing her again. But all the pain she caused me came back to me." replied Minho.

"You have to stay strong." says L.

"I have to." replied Minho.

"We got your back. Specially, Sulli."  says L.

Minho nodded his head and followed L to their table.

The dinner was very pressuring for Minho. He was even more irritated because of the way Stephanie faked a smile at him and the fact that he had to still act professional in front of her.

 Minho became less pressured when Mr. Woo excused himself because of a phone call.

The atmosphere was silent and no one talked. Sulli felt so awkward between Minho, L and Stephanie.

"Minho-ssi, how have you been?" said Stephanie as she spoke first. Minho nodded his head and just kept on eating his food.

"Have you been well?" asked Stephanie. Minho once again nodded his head and refused to answer her.

When Stephanie realized that she won't get anything from Minho, she diverted her attention to Sulli.

"I don't think we've properly talked to each other yet. Once again, I am Stephanie." she said as she greeted Sulli.

"I'm Sulli." she replied as she nodded her head.

"I've heard what you've done for my uncle. You are really nice." she said.

"Thank you." said Sulli with a gleeful smile. L noticed that Minho felt agitated by the fact that Stephanie was talking to Sulli so he decided to speak up.

"Yah-Step...why don't you ask about me." whines L.

"Fine...what is new with the handsome Kim Myungsoo these days?" says Stephanie.

"Well, you know nothing much. But I do have my eyes set on this one girl." said L.

"I feel bad for this girl. You are such a player." says Stephanie. As the two of them laughed, Mr.Woo returned.

"I'm sorry but we have to leave, Stephanie. This was a nice dinner." says Mr. Woo.

L, Sulli and Minho stood up as they said good bye to Mr.Woo and Stephanie. 

On their way home, Sulli noticed the troubled expression on Minho's face. She knew that it was about Stephanie because of the way he acted when she tried talking to him today. Sulli didn't know why but seeing Stephanie today made her feel like something bad was about to happen. She feared what would come of Stephanie's arrival. More than that, she feared what would become of Minho.

 

Author's Note: Hello everyone! How was this chapter? Did you guys like it? Kisses! xoxo♥♥♥