Chapter 14

My Devil Boss

That next day, Sulli was in a rush once again becuase she didn't want to be late for work. As she was about to leave, she found a man observing the house from outside. Minho had some resemblance to him and she wondered if they were related.

"Excuse me Sir." she said as she walked up to the man.

The man looked at her and smiled.

"May I help you?" she asked.

"I'm looking for Choi Minho." he answered.

"He just left for work. May I ask who you are?" said Sulli.

"I'm Choi Minhyuk. I am his father." he replied.

"Oh, I'm Choi Sulli. I'm Mr. Choi's housemate. Go ahead and stay in the house, I have to run because I will be late for work. Please make yourself comfortable." said Sulli as she bowed and rode her bike.

Minhyuk nodded his head and went inside the house using the key that Sulli gave to him.

.........................................................................................................................................................................................

Sulli got to the office with 5 minites to spare and when she saw that everyone was already in the conference room, she knew that she was in big trouble. She walked in and everyone stared at her as she took her seat. They then looked at Minho, they were waiting for what he had to say. Sulli was ready for his scolding but surprisingly, he said something different.

"Let's go ahead and start the meeting since everyone is here." said Minho.

Everyone was surprised with how he reacted to Sulli's tardiness. They had expected him to use the 5 minutes to lecture her about being late.

"What are you guys waiting for?" he asked when no one was moving.

They quickly took their stuff out for the meeting and ignored what just happened.

During the meeting, they talked about their different jobs and how they would put everything together for Jessica.

After the meeting, Minho asked everyone to leave except for L, Sulli, and Tiffany.

"Alright guys, this is how I want us to break up the roles for the proposal. Me and L will put everything together for the magazine while Sulli and Tiffany are in charge of the proposal." explained Minho.

They nodded their heads and separated for their jobs. Tiffany linked her arm with Sulli's arm and they left to work on the proposal together. L observed how Tiffany seemed too happy and knew that she was probably planning something.

........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

"Hey Sulli is it okay if I leave the data to you? It's already late and I need to go home. I'm really tired." said Tiffany.

Sulli looked at the clock and saw that it was 8 pm. She noticed how tired Tiffany was and gave her a nod to assure her that she would finish the proposal on her own. Tiffany thanked her, grabbed her stuff and made her way home.

An hour later, Minho and L came out of Minho's office. They were done sorting out the information that they would put together for the magazine.

"Ssul, are you done with your work yet?" asked L.

Sulli shook her head and kept on typing.

"Sulli-ssi just finish that tomorrow. You still have 3 hours to work on that tomorrow since I'm not going to New York to deliver it to Jessica until 8pm here." said Minho.

Sulli sighed and saved the file on her computer. She has no choice but to wake up early the next day to finish her work.

Minho noticed how tired Sulli was and decided to give her a ride home. In the car, Sulli fell asleep and when they arrived at the house, Minho parked his car and was about to wake up Sulli but he saw how tired she was and decoded not to. Instead, he went to her side, unbuckled her seatbelt and carried her into the house bridal style. He got to her room, placed her on the bed and tucked her in. Minho couldn't help but look at how beautiful Sulli is when sleeping. Out of impulse, he kissed her forehead and whispered good night to her.

Afterwards, he went downstairs and saw a note on the table with food next to it.

Dear Sulli,

It appears that you are coming home late from work. I made some dinner for you and Minho, please enjoy it. Your keys are under this note. I will come and visit again soon.

-Uncle Minhyuk

"My dad was here?" said Minho as he placed the note on the table and checked out the food that was also there.

Since he was hungry, he ate some of the food his father made and it made him tear up because it reminded him of his childhood. The time where his family was complete. His mother died because of cancer when he was 10 years old and since then his father made some bad decisions. His father was able to somewhat take care of him while working for the both of them. When Minho graduated from college, he worked hard and promised his father that he will make him live a comfortable life. Which leads to why he wanted the house, he wanted his father to feel happy and he knew that having their old house back would remind him of the good times.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

The next morning, Sulli hurriedly came to work so that she could finish the job. She finished where she left off and has an hour to spare before Minho leaves for the airport with Daniel. She handed him the finished proposal and complimented her for her hard work.

When Minho arrived in New York and handed the proposal to Jessica. After reading the proposal, Jessica rejected it.

"What's wrong with the proposal Ms. Jung?" asked Minho.

"Why don't you take a good look at it Mr. Choi." says Jessica as she hands him the proposal.

Minho flipped through the pages and found that the most important information wasn't there. The proposal agreement page was not there, making the whole proposal worthless.

"I am so sorry Ms. Jung. One of my employees made a mistake." says Minho.

"Well, I'm not angry and I will give you another chance. But if you screw this up again, I will never work with your company again Mr. Choi." says Jessica.

Minho told Daniel about what happened and told him to quickly get a video call going with everyone at the company when they go back to their hotel room.

Daniel did as he was told and as soon as L answered the call, Minho had a furious expression on his face.

"L, call Sulli and the others into the board room please." says Minho.

A few minutes later, everyone was seated in the conference room waiting for what Minho had to say.

"The proposal has been rejected by Ms. Jessica. The proposal agreement page was missing. Sulli, do you have anything to confess?" said Minho.

"I...I...I...didn't do anything. I ran it by L and Tiffany, they said everything was good and complete." explained Sulli.

"Fine. I believe you but you are suspended until there is evidence shown about the missing page." says Minho.

He dismissed everyone else except for L.

"L, I need your help. I know that Sulli didn't do it, we saw how hard she worked. I need you to find evidence for me." says Minho.

"You can count on me." replied L.

And with that, the video call ended.

A/N: Hello everyone! I hope you guys liked this update. This fanfic is almost done, so please keep giving it your love! Kisses! xoxo💟💟💟