Chapter 17

Cinderella

“Oh Sehun, don’t you dare,” Haerin glares at Sehun, who has brought a first-aid kit. 

“But you’re bruised and swollen,” He sits in front of her and gestures subtly.  “Come here, let me see,”

Haerin huffs like a kid and turns the other way instead, biting into her bread.  “Go away,”

Sehun whines.  “Noonaaa,”

“Aegyo doesn’t work on me,”

“Nooonaaa,”

“Stop it,”

“Noooonaaaa,”

Haerin throws a pack of bread over her shoulder and hear it hit something satisfyingly.  “Suits you right,”

“Aish, really,”

 

All of a sudden, Sehun puts his hand over Haerin’s eyes and gently but surely pulls her backwards, letting her head fall onto his lap. 

Haerin, surprised and disliking the affection, retorts quickly.  “Wha-“

“Stay still,” He holds her down, keeping his hand over her eyes. 

“Sehun..” Haerin puts her hand over his, trying to take it away.  “Sehun, stop it,”

Sehun flips his hand over and takes Haerin’s hand instead, keeping it from prying his hand away and peering into her eyes.  “I said, stay still,”

Haerin doesn’t spare a second to let him meet her eyes and looks away while crossing her arms over her chest.  Sehun, shaking his head at the stubborn senior on his lap, treats the bruises on her face and her jaw anyways, before tentatively poking at those on her neck.  She hisses in pain and he apologizes quickly.

“Forget it,” Haerin sits up and sighs, not bothering to push her hair out of her face when it tumbles down messily.  “I don’t like it, but thanks,”

“Sorry,” Sehun quietly apologizes and starts packing up the first aid box.

Haerin looks at the evidently disheartened guy she just made friends out of a few days ago.  She shouldn’t be so harsh.  He meant well.  But why is it that he cares so much? How is it that her bruises matter to him so much? He reminds her of-

“Why do you go through such lengths, Sehun?”

He looks up at her and tilts his head in question.  “Lengths?”

“Yeah,” Haerin nods.  “Why do you try so hard to help me?”

 

She rests her head on the shoe locker behind her, closing her eyes.  “You remind me of Kyungsoo,”

Sehun is glad that she’s closing her eyes because that way, she shouldn’t come to know that her statement had hit him the wrong way.  “I do? How so?”

“Yeah,” A smile colors her lips and she cracks an eye open to look at Sehun from the corner of her eye.  “He would do that; look at me, like I matter so much, when I don’t even understand why I would to him,”

“Those kinds of feelings don’t need a reason, noona,” Sehun stands up, brushing the dust from his pants.  He stretches out his hand and Haerin takes it as he pulls her up, helping her stand. 

“You really think he has feelings for me?”

Sehun shrugs.  “Can’t say for sure,” He really does.

 

“Doesn’t look like it, though.  It may just be common courtesy.  You know, being nice and all,” Haerin puffs out her cheeks, frowning before turning to look at Sehun.  “But how do you know so much?”

I like you too, that’s why“We’re guys,” Sehun chuckles.  “We have this really strong hunch about each other’s feelings,”

Haerin laughs at him.  “Do you?”

He simply laughs the question off, grabbing her bag for her.  “Has he talked to you yet?”

“No, he hasn’t,”

“You’re still angry at him?”

Haerin ponders over her own feelings.  “Well, if I remember about what happened, I get really, really, really, reeeally angry,” She laughs when Sehun playfully steps back from her.  “But then again, I think that an explanation would suffice.  I mean, that’s all I need.  I just need to know and understand him, you know? What he’s thinking, why he did that, I want to understand him,”

Sehun chuckles at the way Haerin seems to forgive Kyungsoo so easily.  Yesterday, she was completely flipping it and yet now, all she wants is to hear him out.  “You really do love him, don’t you?”

 

Grinning, Haerin takes her bag and waves at Sehun as she takes the bus.  “Can’t say for sure,”