Chapter 26

Cinderella

Haerin had barely gotten three hours of sleep before another nightmare woke her up at 4 in the morning.  It was the same dream as yesterday night, only this time; it went by in a breathtakingly suffocating pace.  She wonders why she’s continuously having those nightmares.  It may be the jitters of having to live alone, but when she’s awake, she’s not really that nervous or scared.  Maybe that’s because she doesn’t think about it that much.

Haerin sighs as she washes up and gets ready for school.  Might as well make the kids breakfast, she thinks.  “So sleepy,” She mutters, making her way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

She settles with fried rice and eggs for 8 people (including her and Yunjae, but excluding Kyungsoo’s parents because their car isn’t in the garage, which means that they’re not home yet) and finally gets the hang of using an electric stove.  

“You’re up?”

Haerin turns to look over her shoulder and sees Kyungsoo walking down the stairs with a towel across his neck.  The top two buttons of his uniform shirt is ed and he has his tie loosely hung around the collar.  He sets his blazer on one of the dining table’s chairs and walks over to hug Haerin from behind.  “Yeah,” Haerin nods, looking at him with smile.  “You should wake the kids up,” She reflexively giggles when Kyungsoo nuzzles her neck.  

“Feels like we’re married,” Kyungsoo grins, wondering how much he likes it that Haerin is living with him so he can get to do things like this at this time of the morning.  “Oh and, hey, did you sleep at all?”

“Hm? Why?”

“Your eye bags; they’re down to your chin,”

Haerin blinks.  “Really?”

“That was a metaphor, Hae,”

“I know, but does it show that much?”

“Yeah,”
“I’ve been having nightmares,” She shrugs.

“You should have woken me up! Why didn’t you wake me up? I’m right across from you!” Kyungsoo protests.

“I’ll do it next time, I’ll do it, really,” Haerin laughs.  “I knew you’d react that way,” She gently head-butts him.  “Wake the kids, Kyungsoo,”

“Okaaay, okay,” He sighs.  “You look pretty in an apron,”

“So cheesy,” Haerin scrunches her nose.  “Should I go out like this?”

“You should consider that,” He laughs, walking away.

Haerin lets out a huge breath of relief when Kyungsoo goes out into the backyard.  How the heck does he manage to look so attractive when he’s so messy? 

 

She sets the pan of fried rice and eggs onto a mat on the table, taking out bowls and chopsticks before untying her apron and folding it neatly.  As she takes out mugs and starts pouring out some juice, she began to think about how much she’s going to miss Kyungsoo’s company.  Sure, she has Yunjae, but she’s still going to miss him a lot.  “I wonder if my decision to live alone is something I’m gonna regret,” She chuckles to herself, shaking her head.  No, no, I’d have to do it, sooner or later anyways, so why not start now?

“Noona, you made this?” Kai yawns as he comes towards the table first.    “Morning,” He grins sleepily.

“Yeah I did, morning,” Haerin grins back, setting the mugs of juice down.  “Morning, Sehun,” She smiles at the maknae who had just settled in the chair beside Kai’s.

“Did you sleep well?” He asks.

Haerin simply nods and greets the others as they file into the table, immediately digging in.  She’s going to miss them too.  They’re like her family already.  Funnily, she feels like a mother as she watches them eat the food she made.

 

“I’ll do the dishes,” Kyungsoo volunteers when everybody’s done.  

“I’ll get ready, then,” Suho stands up from the table.  “You guys should tidy up,” He nods at the others, who does as they are told.

Haerin helps Kyungsoo with the dishes and she becomes the one to break the silence.  “I keep seeing my parents and my uncle,” She sighs.

Kyungsoo looks at her in concern as he keeps his ears open while washing the dishes.

“It gets scary because there’s blood everywhere and I have this feeling that my uncle is going to find us soon,”

“You’ll be safe, don’t worry,” Kyungsoo turns of the tap water and dries his hand.  “You have me, don’t you? And the kids, too,” He smiles at her.

“Yeah,” Haerin smiles back and steps forward to fasten his tie before grabbing his blazer and putting it on for him. 

Kyungsoo sighs as he grabs his bag.  “Can’t you come here every time it’s 4 in the morning when you live in that place?”

“Why?”

“So you can make breakfast for me and do this, every day,” He grins.

Haerin slaps his arm, breaking into her own grin.  “Stop being so cheesy, Kyungsoo,”

 

“Yeah, stop being so cheesy, hyung,” Kai pops out of the backyard, joined by all the others.

“I can’t stand him, help,” Haerin steps away from her boyfriend and walks in between the boys instead, letting Kai accompany Kyungsoo.  She flashes him a grin when he miserably looks at her and laughs when he groans out loud.

 

I want to be friends with them for a long time, she thinks.

 

a BIT BIT BIT more fluff before the real stuff starts happening

PATIENCE GUYS

BEAR WITH ME

you know i love you as much as i love myself

i love you guys so much

:")

APPRECIATION to u guys who hv been amazing readers and commentators LAWL

STAY WITH ME TILL THE END OF TIME