Chapter 55

Cinderella

Nara was just hanging up on Haerin—who was nagging at her to come down quickly—when she heard somebody call her name as she left the agency director’s office.

“Nara?”

She turns her head and frowns.  “That’s me, but do I know you?” She trots toward the elevator, pressing the button that would take her downstairs.

“Aw, come on,” The man, clad in a white suit grins.  “Don’t you remember me?”

“As a matter of fact, I don’t,” Nara sighs, stepping into the elevator.  “And my friend’s waiting for me downstairs so—“

“You haven’t looked at my face,” He comes in after her and corners her, forcing her to look at him in the eyes.  “It’s me,”

Nara winces at the way her head hit the wall.  She draws back as she finally remembers.  “K-Kevin?” 

“There we are,” Kevin nudges her neck with his nose.  “Where’ve you been? Nobody’s as good in bed as yo—“

“I quit,” Nara forcefully pushes him away, dusting her clothes.  “I quit, so off,” She spat.

“I don’t think you can,” Kevin chuckles.  “We’ve still got around 30 floors to go,” He glances at the numbers on the walls and quickly pins Nara to the wall, trapping her hands above her head.  “Do you know who I am?”

“You’re ing Kevin, that’s who,” Nara grunts.  “Let go!”

“Maybe you meant, you ed me,” Kevin laughs while Nara scowls in disgust.  “Never mind the jokes.  I’m the director’s son,” He smiles coyly.  “Now tell me; if I were to tell him that you were forcing me to bed, a.k.a blackmailing me for , and then you were to tell him—in self-defense—that it was actually me who’s forcing you; who would he believe?”

Nara’s eyes widen in disbelief.  “Wha—“

“And I bet that my dad doesn’t know what you did in the past.  Wide range of network, huh?” Kevin leans in to whisper on her lips.  “You sure did open it wide for me,” He bites down on her lips, making her cry out in pain.  “I’ve always loved it when you cry like that,” He smiles.  “It’s such a turn on,”

Nara clenches her teeth in an effort to hide her trembling and to hold her tears back.  She can’t believe that after all the good fortune she had, this is happening to her.  

“Go on and tell anybody you want.  Let’s call them in for a ,” Kevin chuckles as he lets her go, tidying up his suit just as the door dings open.  “Guess the cat’s got your tongue,” He laughs quietly, then walks out the elevator without a glance back. 

 

Nara stumbles by the reception table, unresponsive as Haerin calls for her attention.

“Hey, hey, you okay?” Haerin frowns.  “Your lips are bleeding! Did something happen?”

“No, no,” Nara clears as her voice ungraciously cracked.  “Nothing.  It was chapped and I was biting at the skin so, you know,” She winces when her tongue tasted the salty tinge of her own dried blood.

“Okay,” Haerin uncertainly nods.  “Okay, let’s go home,”

“Is Kyungsoo home?” 

“Yes, he is,”

“Then you go home.  I’m not coming,”

“Why?”

“I need space,” Nara chuckles.  “Just a bit,”

“Well okay, call me if you need anything,” Haerin reluctantly leaves her behind as she takes the bus home.

 

Nara scrambles for her ringing phone and winces when she realizes that she’s been unconsciously rubbing at the spot where Kevin kissed her.  “, , !” She picks up roughly.

“Good, that’s a good start, Nara,”

Nara clutches tightly at her phone in anger and evidently growls into the phone.  “So you’re pretty scared about people finding out that you’d have to call me after harassing me, huh?”

Nara could hear Kevin chuckling across the line.  “No, I’m just calling to tell you that we’re starting our ‘business’ now,”

“Wha—“

“See me at my apartment in 15 minutes.  I’ll text you the address,”

Click.

It took Nara all her willpower not to throw her phone to the floor.  And as sure as it is, a text comes ringing to her phone. 

‘P Building, 19th floor, Apt. No. 1907.  15 minutes and counting,  Nara,’

 

Nara silently turns off her phone and made her way to Kevin’s.  “I’m sorry, Kyungsoo,” She grits her teeth, holding back her angry tears.  “I can’t afford to lose my new beginning,”

 

hey guys

it's been SO LONG omg i feel bad abt it

but i've been really really busy with school

and next week

i've got my national exams

i do wish y'all would wish me the best of luck and pls do pray for me ^^" i'm rlly rlly worried abt everything

so

enjoy this chapter

and i hope you can see more of me soon

very soon

love you guys