Illegal

Shining Light

10.45 AM

Where are you?

In case if you haven't saved my number, I'm key. Save it as soon as possible.



Key sent me a text message. I didn't have his number so I saved it immediately. Then I text him back,

Accompany me to a club around the coffee shop.

I sent it.

Then around 5 minutes, I got a call.

"YA! A club?! It's not legal for your age! You're Hae Rin's twin, right? It means you're at the same age as me! I'm still illegal to enter a club. It means you too. We're still too young! Even Hae Rin has never asked me to accompany her-"

"Listen, Key-ssi... This is an important thing, so please. And I don't want to go there for having fun. I want to know something about my twin. So I think I have to do it." I said calmly.

"But...But how can I? I'm still too young... And you too..." He said desperately.

"Err.... Do you have an older friend? You can borrow his ID card, can't you? Ah, I heard that if you bring an older person, you can enter the club. Why don't you try it?"

"Argh. You- Just wait there and don't move. I will come in 20 minutes." He said than he hung up.

***

"What did she say?" Jonghyun asked me after the call ended.

"She told me to meet at a club near here."

"What?! You're still too young! She's too!"

"I've said that too!"

"Then, what did she say?"

"She told me to borrow someone older's ID card or just bring someone older." I told him.

"Woah. She's crazy. Totally crazy. Still, it's illegal to borrow an ID card. The police might arrest both of you!"

"But she also said that it's an important thing about Hae Rin..."

"Still, it's a big deal."

"Jonghyun-ah, I know you're smart. I mean, you totally suit to be a detective. Don't you know how to edit an ID card?"

"What?!" He shocked. "Are you thinking to ask me to help you to edit the year of birth of your ID card?!" He asked.

"Well...and Hae Ri's too if you can..."

"Listen, Key. I'm not as pro as you think. But I've ever saw my dad duplicated someone's ID card when I was young. Just give me yours." I took my ID card, then let him duplicated it.

"It's really dangerous, Key. I won't take the responsible if you got arrested. I've tried to stop you right?" I just nodded my head.

"Do you have hers?"

"Ah......... Sadly no. But is there any problems if I just bring mine? It looks like a little girl go out with someone's older, right?"

"You really something, Key." He said and gave me back my ID card.

"I've been there with my dad. If there's no one ask your identity, don't reveal it. Don't show your duplicated ID card as much as possible. It's really dangerous." He said as he gave me some advices, like a father. "Don't come back home late. I will wait here and search further informations about that guy. Ah, and I don't think I'm suitable to be a detective. It's just because you're my really really close friend, and I will do anything for him."

I hugged him tightly for seconds, then go to the place that I've never gone.

***

"Do you borrow someone's ID card?" Hae Ri asked me as soon as I arrived.

"No."

"So do you bring someone older?"

"No."

"So how can both of us-"

"I've duplicated my ID card."

"What?!" She shocked. "Are you crazy?! Is it even legal?! It's totally illegal!"

"Hey, what are you thinking about? You're the one who told me to meet in here, you're the who made everything goes like this. Don't put all the blame on me!"

"Fine. I'm sorry...," she sighed. "But in the morning, I met one of her friends. Do you know Lee Min Young?"

"Not really. I forgot."

"Yesterday, Lee Min Ah-ssi said Lee Min Young often had a fight with Hae Rin. So I think there must be something between them." She said then looked at me.

"So you met Lee Min Young?" She nodded her head.

"What did she say?"

"She said... Hae Rin worked at some clubs."

"WHAT?! No, no. It's impossible! She must be lied to you. Don't believe her." 
"But, Key-"

"No, I know my Hae Rin won't do that." I insisted.

"But that's the only reason that makes sense why she called herself.......a . A e. Dirty. That's the only reason, because she worked in a club, so there must be some guys touched her...." She said softly.

"I don't understand what are you thinking about. How can you think like that to your sister? Your twin?! Now I'm not sure... Are you her real sister?!"

"Of course! If I'm not, then I wouldn't be here to know more about her, to find her! I wouldn't took a call from someone stranger and asked him to go to a club with me! If she's not my real twin, I wouldn't do this."

Yeah, that's right. Stranger.

"If you don't want to accompany me, then I will go by myself." She turned around and walked by herself.

Then I chased her, grabbed her hand, and stopped her.

I leaned towards her, and whispered right on her ear,

"Do you want to die?"

***

He made me trembling. It was so close. Too close.

I wonder if he's a playboy.

"Just let go," I said as I looked at my hand.

Then, he let it go.


We walked for around 15 minutes from the coffee shop to the club. As soon as we entered the club, I felt dizzy. I felt like I wanted to vomit. Plus, there are many men looked at me with their weird gazes.

"Are you okay?" Key asked me then he hold my hand.

"I feel a little bit dizzy."

"There are so many guys look at you." Key said as he took off his coat and put it to me.

"Why?" I asked. "I don't think your coat could make me feel better."

"No, but it will make them not look at you with those gazes anymore."

I wore a white T-Shirt, jeans, and sneakers. It's a casual outfit. Why they looked at me like that? I'm not even wearing a revealing shirt.

"Because you're pretty, so they looked at you like that." He said, answered the question on my head. "Yeah, you're pretty." He said again.

It made me smile, nervous, and happy at the same time.

I looked at him. He wore a colorful shirt, a jeans, and sneakers too. Not bad.

"Welcome, what do you want to drink?" The bartender said as soon as we sat at the bar table.

"A mineral water, please." I said spontaneously.

"What?" The bartender asked with a weird face.

"Ah, no. We're here to ask you something. Do you know Shin Hae Rin?" Key suddenly asked him.

"Well, she was my friend when she was a bartender in here. What's up?"

"Do you know about her? Do you know where is she now?"

"No, she quit her job several days ago. Why?"

"Do you ever see someone met her before she quit her job? Or do you ever heard she got a phone call from a guy?"

"Look, guys, I'm super busy today. If you don't want to drink and just keep asking me about that girl, you better ask the boss or just go. I'm not here for answering your questions." The bartender said then just left us.