Epilogue?

Shining Light


3 Months Later

Today is the day.

I called Key earlier, and my mom drove us to the airport.

For the past 3 months, Hae Ri and my mom lived with me in Minho's house. Minho said it's totally fine because they're my family. And for the past 3 months, I've never seen the cold side of Lee Minho anymore. He acted like a kid but it was sweet at the same time. I'm sure something changed him. Or maybe someone.

Mom said our dad was still in California, to help Minho's dad business. I think next year, it's my turn to go there. I should visit my dad too.

"Eomma, I want to visit Key's house first. I think he hasn't woke up yet."

"Really?! I've called him earlier!" I almost shouted at Hae Ri.

"You called him once and it's useless. You have to call him ten times until you make sure he can nag to you."

"Okay, both of you should stop. I'm gonna drop out you, Hae Ri, at Key's house. Then you'll go to the airport with him while I'm gonna go to the airport with Hae Rin. Agree?"

Then both of us nodded our head.

It's really make me feel glad to have such a warm family like this.

***

Hae Ri's POV

Mom drove me to Key's house and I came in by myself. In 3 months, I really could get closer to him. He's such a magnet and I'm the steel. He even told me to came to his house whenever I want to, so he duplicated his key house for me.

Key's key house. Wait I'm confused.

When I entered his house, it's completely silence. I knew it already, he's still asleep.

Then I knocked his room, but no answer. I opened it quietly, and slowly I could see his body covered with a white blanket and he didn't move even an inch.

"Key..." I touched his blanket softly, I don't think he even felt my finger because it was too soft.

But then his next move makes me really shocked.

After I touched his blanket softly, suddenly he grabbed something from his desk near the bed, and threw it to me.

"YA!" I yelled out and suddenly I felt something running out from my skin.

It was blood. I'm bleeding.

"OH MY GOD, SHIN HAE RI! WHY WERE YOU HERE?" Key now really woke up and he immediately ran nowhere on his house. He's panicked.

"Oh My God, where's the muslin?! Oh, God. I should cover the wound immediately!" He's panicked because he realized I'm bleeding.

"But Key, this is noth-"

"Shut up because I can't think right now." He found the muslin, cleaned the wound, and covered it gently.

"I'm sorry.. This is the first time you woke me up, right?" He asked me and I nodded my head.

"Don't ever do that again. I should stop you earlier. Don't wake me up in the morning. I look like a monster," he looked miserable. "If someone woke me up in the morning, then I would throw anything sharp or dangerous to that person, without my knowing. It's not under my control, really. It just happened like that after that day when she left me.."

"Who? Your mom? Or Hae Rin?"

"My mom," he answered softly, almost whispered to me.

"So that's why Jonghyun didn't even dare to wake me up since I was a kid. See? I threw a really dangerous thing at you. I'm sorry, really."

"It's just a glass, Key. It's not hurt as much as you think. And since you told me that it wasn't under your control, then you're forgiven. Besides, I'm not going to scold you. But I'm going to change that thing."

Key seems didn't want to argue with me. So he just smiled to me lifelessly and murmured, "Thank you."

I hugged him tightly. He's so fragile. Same with Lee Minho.

And wait. About that Lee Minho guy...

"Key, come on, dress up fast because we have to go to the airport!"

"Wait. For what?"

"Your hyung almost arrived from California to Korea. Don't you wanna see him?"

"Ah-Ah, yeah. I almost forgot about that. Please wait for 10 minutes, I'll take a bath now." Then he rushed to the bathroom as he took a pink t-shirt and skinny jeans before.

***

Hae Rin's POV

I kept looking at the door, but I couldn't find Minho there. Has he arrived or not?

"Maybe the flight was delayed and he couldn't told you earlier." Mom said to me. I knew she just comforted me.

"But, still...," I lost my words. "Yeah, maybe you're right."

Suddenly I felt a pair of big arms hugged me from behind. I could tell from that person's scent, he's Lee Minho.

"Oppa! Why don't you call me earlier?! I kept looking for you!" I shyly said.

"I'm sorry, I've arrived earlier than what I expected. So I just waited here and made a little surprise for you." He said as he tighten his arms on me.

"Excuse me darlings, but I'm still alive and I'm here. I'm not invisible, you know." My mom said, she looked irritated. 

"Ah, I'm sorry eomonim. Annyeonghaseyo." Minho then bowed 90degree to her.

"HYUNG!!" I saw Key, running from the distance and hugged Minho immediately.

They're just like kids.

"How are you?" Key asked him.

"Aigoo, you ran to me, hugged me like a child. I'm fine, Key. Annyeong, Hae Ri-ah!" He waved to Hae Ri who just smiled to him.

"Ya, what's wrong with your hand?" I asked her as I looked at her hand.

"Ah.. I'll tell you later once we arrived at home." It looked like she was hiding something from me. Is there anything that I didn't know?

And somehow, I think Key just looked at her with his guilty eyes.

What's wrong?

"So have you proposed-"

"HYUNG I MISS YOU SO MUCH. HOW'S YOUR DAD?" Key suddenly spoke loudly to Minho. Key cut Minho's words.

Proposed? What propose?

"A-Ah.. My dad's fine. He has recovered from his illness." Minho smiled awkwardly like he just opened someone's secret to public. "Oh, what about your band? What?"

"It's called SHINee. We'll have our debut stage next week. Please come and support us." Key smiled to Minho, and to my mom too.

"Don't worry, I'll watch it!" I said to him.

"Ah, I want to congratulate you, but what to do? I don't have enough money to buy you a good gift. So I want to give you this." Minho gave a key to Key.

"Wait. Don't tell me this is a toy. Don't tell me that you gave me a key because my name is Key."

Then Minho burst into laugh.

"No, you just have to go to the this address and try to open the front door with this key." Minho said as he gave Key a note.

"Wait. It's your first house's address, right? I even remember the password! 316624, right? Hae Ri was the one who guessed it right!"

"Yeah. You're right." Minho nodded his head.

"I'm sorry kids, but I think I have to go now. My clients are waiting for me. Minho, you and Hae Rin please ride on Key's car. Or if you don't want to, you may take the public transportation. I don't have much time anymore so bye!" Mom left us as she waved and got into her car.

So my mom owned a cake shop with Minho's help, in Korea. Meanwhile my sister still working at that bakery shop and baking cakes, and I'm enjoying myself as a housewife.

"I'm curious why you used such a country codes as your house's password?" Hae Ri asked Minho.

"My dad was a soldier and he liked to know that kind of stuffs. It was his house until he moved to California and he gave it to me. Yeah, I think he used those numbers because he really liked that kind of stuffs, not to mention that he was really smart back then."

"It's coincidence I think, because Hae Ri likes those kind of stuffs too. But sadly she's not that smart." I said and laughed.

"I rarely meet person like both of you." Key said with his weird face.

"Not me, but my dad." Minho corrected.

"Yeah." Key murmured to himself. "Come on, get into the car first."

"Where do you want to go?" Hae Ri asked him.

"I want to drive you home, of course."

"Not only you but us." I corrected.

"Well, yeah." Key said as he opened the door beside the driver's seat for Hae Ri.

"So, hyung, why did you give me this key?" Key asked Minho when all of us have sat comfortably in his car.

"I knew it, you're too stupid to get it. I gave you my key's house, it means I gave you my house. Don't you understand?"

Key opened his mouth wide, he's shocked and disbelief. "For real?! But why? Eh? Don't tell me you want me to pay per month..."

"No. It's your present because you'll have your debut stage in a week. And because you finally decided to propose-"

"EHEM. Okay thanks, hyung." Key coughed really hard and Minho just laughed like he just saw something funny.

Suddenly we went silent until we arrived at Daegu, and this car stopped right in front of Minho's house.

"Thank you, Key." I, Minho, and Hae Ri said in unison.

"You're very welcome," Key gave us smile.

I noticed before Hae Ri's door closed completely, Key called her name and talked something to her.

***

Key's POV

"Hae Ri-ah," I called her name when she was about to close the door.

"What?" She faced me again, while Hae Rin and hyung have already entered the house.

"I want to meet you next week, in Dongdaemun. At the restaurant where we ate last time, to be exact. Maybe I won't be able to pick you up, but I hope we could meet at 7 PM. Please dress nicely, and I'll try not to be late." I smiled to her, and started the engine again. I drove my car to my house as I realized that I'm smiling from ear to ear.

***

7 Days Later 

I walked alone to the restaurant in Dongdaemun. Today was SHINee's debut stage, and I'm so happy because of that. Finally, Key got a permanent job.

When I was about to enter the restaurant, I stopped for a while. It looked strange. The lights seemed off in this restaurant. Or maybe it's closed?

But when I looked at the door again, the restaurant is open.

But no one's here.

And it's totally dark.

As soon as I opened the door, I could see a few candles like automatically .

"Hae Ri neomu yeppeo..."

That voice made me froze. I couldn't heard anything after that line because I was crying. This is too beautiful to see. Plus that voice is just so beautiful, like an angel.

"...Replay replay replay."

And suddenly the lights , and I saw Key's face right in front of me.

Only Key. No other.

"You came to me like stranger
Like the wind, you blown my mind
You came to me like a bomb

You made my heart trembling anytime, whenever I'm with you...,"


He read a poem for me.

Then he looked into my eyes, and he kneeled down.

"Do you want to be my girlfriend? I know it won't be easy because I just started a new path of my life. I just started my new career and it might affect you later on. But you're the one who could give me strength. And I promise you to stay beside you, forever." He showed me a beautiful ring like it's the only one in the world. "So, Shin Hae Ri, do you want to be my girlfriend?"

"What about my twin?" I asked softly.

"Anagapesis. She already married, duh. And I realized the one I love is you, not her."

"What about Lee Minho? Didn't you say to me he's your hyung? Your hyung has already married with my twin. Then what are we?"

"But me and my hyung came out from the different guys. So don't you think we're not a real sibling?"

"But-"

"Do you want to be my girlfriend, Shin Hae Ri? Please just answer my question and don't make me wait too long. This is more nerve wrecking than when I was on the stage earlier."

I smiled to him and nodded my head.

"Yes, I do. I want to be your girlfriend."

He smiled happily and put the ring on my finger. He stood up and hugged my tightly. "Nah, this is better. You should've said that earlier, you know."

Both of us laughed.

"Why this restaurant feels so empty?" I asked him.

"Of course. I paid it for our privacy. I'm afraid the fans would chased me, you know."

I laughed. "I just realized you're really popular. Right?"

"Yeah, of course." He smiled as he made me sit at a table for 2 person. Then suddenly the waitress gave us many delicious dishes that I'm sure I won't eat that all.

"Did you order this? And this? This too?" I asked Key as I pointed out the fish, ramen, and cake. "Fish won't get along with the ramen. Why did you order ramen when you've ordered rice?"

"I don't know. Let's just eat."

After both of us finished our dishes, then Key took me to the street.

"Hey! Don't take off your hat! Wear it!" I shouted when I saw him took off his hat and revealing his face. Without a mask, nor even eye glasses.

"Why?"

"Do you want me to die this fast? I don't want to be haunted by your fans." I said as I took the hat from him and tried to put it back on his head.

But before I could do that, Key suddenly grabbed my hand, took me to the crowd and without the hat he shouted, "I'M SHINee's KEY AND I'M HERE WITH MY GIRLFRIEND, THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW."

Oh, God. I don't know what will happen next but I think this is bad. I think he really wants me to die soon.


 

 

 

And I'm proudly say that this story has come to an end.

Shining Light is an idioms, and I just found it cute so I used it as the title of Key's story.

I'm sorry if in this last chapter, I made Key's character a little bit looked like Taemin.

Thank you for patiently wait for the updates, thank you for read my story, and thank you for those who has subsrcibed or commented this fanfiction.

I own nothing but the plot of this story. I know maybe some of you were wondering why I wrote the plot like a rubbish, but I really don't know too.

And I want to tell you that what I'm saying through the dialogues on this fanfiction are 99% unreal. Especially about SHINee's trainee session, debut stage, and others. And I don't know too about the distance between Daegu and Seoul, so I just imagined it on my head. If the truth that it takes more than 3 hours to go from Seoul to Daegu (or Daegu to Seoul) and you think it doesn't match with the plot of my story (like the timing and else) please just bear with me and let me know if I'm wrong. Please correct me, reader-nim~ (But I don't even know if I could really change the plot or not)

Once again, thank you. Sorry. And I love you~

 

P.S. I'm gonna make Minho's after this. PLEASE WAIT FOR "THE EDGE OF US". THANKS<3