Fate

Shining Light

We arrived at a super big house in Daegu. I always stand beside Key, or sometimes Minho. I think anyone can tell that I'm avoiding him.

Luckily Jonghyun talked non-stop to him. I think they were a close friend and they weren't able to meet for a long time. So that's why Jonghyun talked a lot.

But well, he's really noisy when he was with us too. He's talkative.

Meanwhile Jinki, he's just quiet all the time. He scratched her neck, or just laugh awkwardly. And I often caught him looking at me too. It looks the same like when he was about to say that he love me. He was nervous. 

"Why? Is there something wrong?" Minho asked me.

"No," I answered.

"You're obviously lying to me, Hae Ri-ssi."

"I know, I know. I'm not a good liar."

"Tell me, is it Jonghyun? Or Jinki?" He asked me with a naughty smile. This is the first time I saw his smile. Like an evil.

"What? What are you talking about?"

"I know I'm a man but I know a little bit about women. People said, when a woman look at something several times or when a woman look at something for a long time, then it means she likes that thing. Or she's curious about that thing. Curiosity usually ends up with love, or with a regret."

Regret.

Do I ever regret that I've loved him?


I don't think so.

Even though I saw what he was doing on that day clearly, part of my heart kept saying that I shouldn't hate him.

Do you think I'm too cruel?

"So, who is it, Hae Ri-ssi?" He asked again.

"I know you're smart enough, Minho-ssi," I said to him. "But you have to know, there's something you shouldn't know, and there's something that I don't even know so I can't tell you."

Minho just smiled at me. He nodded his head as he wanted to say that he's understand.

"I know what you feel." He said softly. His expression completely changed 180degree.

***

I looked at this house. It's a little bit bigger than his first-empty house.

I searched for a bell, but once again I found a strange thing beside the bell.

"Okay, I think there's a password again. Be ready to solve this, Key." Jonghyun said to me.

"Shut up. I don't know what to think about."

Then the screen really appeared right in front of my face. It .

Type 6 numbers.

"OH KEY I'M RIGHT!" Jonghyun happily shouted at me.

"Come on! Think, think, think." I knocked my head.

"How about the same number as the first house? It was his house too, right? Maybe the passwords are the same." Minho said.

I nodded my head, and type the exact password from the first house.

It's incorrect. Try again.

"He's smart." Minho murmured.

"Hey, what's going on?" That Jinki guy asked.

"Before we met you on the bus, we visited his second house but it was empty. To open the door, we had to guess a password too. And luckily Hae Ri-ssi guessed it right." Jonghyun explained.

Then, that Jinki guy looked at Hae Ri again.

"What?" Hae Ri asked in uncomfortable look.

But that guy just smiled.

"Ah, Jinki-ssi, by the way, don't you have somewhere to go? You took a bus earlier with us..." I changed the topic.

"I wanted to go home. But after I met Jonghyun and his friends, I think it's better for me to follow him. So I decided to follow you guys. Do you mind if I join?"

"Ah no... I'm okay with it. As long as you enjoy with us, I'm okay." I said an smiled.

Yeah, I'm okay. But I don't think you'll be okay. It's worse for you to follow us.

"Key, why don't you try to guess the password?" Minho asked me.

"Me? Why?"

"Well, I think you're the only one who hasn't guessed the password beside Jinki." Jonghyun said.

"But...-"

"Just try to guess it. You may put random numbers. Like me," Jonghyun said.

"Well...." I sighed as I pressed 6 digits on the screen.

"Zero, zero, zero, two, two..., nine?" Jonghyun murmured as he looked at me. "You pressed those numbers? Why?" He asked

"I don't know why. It's just a random numbers. Like you said."

Yeah, just a random numbers.

It's correct. You may enter.

"WHAT?!" I almost got a heart attack.

000229. I thought I was the only one who feel that it's an important numbers. But now, I think I'm not the only one. And I wonder why too.

Is it a coincidence or what?