Never Ending Shock

Shining Light

I woke up because I heard someone rang the bell many times in this morning.

I looked at the clock, it's still 5 AM in the morning.

I want to sleep more...

Then my phone beeped. I got a text message.

Where are you? I'm in front of your house. If you're home, please open the door as soon as possible.

And it was from Hae Ri.

I lazily opened the door and I could heard the door kept ringing. It's so annoying but I don't know why I couldn't get angry.

Or maybe it's more like I blamed myself because I got up too late. Did I?

"Key-ssi!!" Hae Ri shouted my name as soon as I showed myself after I opened the door.

"Hmm?"

"I-I-I don't know what to say. This is urgent. But I don't know where to start." She hesitantly said, and even stuttered.

"Calm down. Tell me what's the most thing that distracted your mind. Don't be panicked."

"Hae Rin text me this early morning, that she'll go to California! Come on, we have to see her and go to the airport now! Or else, we might lose her too soon!"

"Calm down...," I said as I opened the door for her. "I'll change my clothes first, then I'll drive you to the airport."

I let her wait at the living room for about 15 minutes while I was changing my clothes at my room. I wore a simply pink t-shirt and jeans with white sneakers, then I took my leather jacket and my phone, also my wallet. But I'm sure Hae Ri must be uncomfortable because she's worried about her twin.

I just realized Hae Rin, Minho, and maybe with Min Young will go to California today. And I just realized too that Hae Ri still didn't know that her twin also will go to California, until she came to my house and woke me up from my sweet dream.

"Come on. We have to be fast. What if she left already? Duh, I haven't even said a goodbye."

"Calm down, Hae Ri." I said to her. "Actually, I knew that she'll go to California today."

"What?! You knew it?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?!"

"I'm afraid you'll be panicked like this, desperately cry and don't want to continue your life anymore. I'm afraid that you'll have bad dreams even before she go to California, if I told you earlier."

She sighed.

"Please drive fast. Or else we'll be late."

"But safety first," I added. "And Lee Minho isn't that bad, to be honest."

"From where do you know that he's not that bad?!" She panicked again.

"He's my hyung." I said softly and calmly.

"What?! Don't tell me another joke, please. It's so random."

"No, I'm serious. We were born from the same mom. And we just talked about that yesterday."

"What?! J-Just.. How could it be?!"

I guess I have to tell that long story to Hae Ri right now. Let she hear the story as I drive the car right now. It will be a tiring trip

***

We arrived at the gate for about 5 minutes ago. I kept looking at my phone, but it's useless since I've turned it off. I didn't want Hae Ri or maybe Key looking for me.

"I'm sorry but I think we have to wait for my little sister. Are you okay?" Minho, I mean Lee Minho, asked me as he looked into my eyes.

"Sure,"

He was actually a really nice guy, like what I've said before. But sometimes he's so cold and it makes me afraid.

"I'll miss Korea, for sure." He said to me.

"Yeah, I'll miss my hometown too."

And he smiled to me.

"Nah, she's coming. She's coming!" Minho whispered behind my ear as he looked at Min Young who just came in to the gate.

"Why do you act like a kid? Kiddo." I laughed.

"Oh, really? I think you'll act like a kid when you meet your siblings. Especially when you're a guy. And, oh. Have I told you that I've found my another brother?"

"Hmm... You haven't told me. But I guess it's Key."

"Woah. Daebak! You're not even surprised?!"

"No. I knew it before you. It feels like I was a detective, you know. I felt something fishy and I thought there was a similarity between both of you. About that password, especially..."

"What password?" Min Young came in and joined the conversation. She sat beside me but looked at Minho sharply.

"I've told you that this guy is a bad guy, right? But you kept going to the bar with him. And flirted with him too. You're a really crazy girl." She said to me.

"I think you speak to me without knowing clearly what's going on." I said and smiled. "If you're on a position where you couldn't move anywhere but doing what you don't like, then you must be understood my condition. But I think you've never sacrifice your pride to someone you love, right? Once in a while, I think you have to try to put your pride at the lowest level, begging to someone you don't know who, and live with someone you hate just for the one you love."

"What? What are you talking about?" Min Young looked confused.

"If you know Hae Ri, then she's the one that I was talking about."

"A-Ah... That kind hearted girl? She's your twin, right?"

"Yeah."

Dear passenger of **** Airline, fligt number **** leaving for California, please board the aircraft to gate number 4, thank you.

"Come on," Minho stood up. "But I want to show you something first." He looked at me as he grabbed my hand.

"Wait. Do you guys want to leave me alone?! Is this a joke?!" Min Young shouted to us.

"No. You sit here and wait. I'll go with her for 5 minutes. And if we miss the flight, I could buy another one."

Then we really left Min Young alone at the gate. We left the gate and suddenly he smiled to a woman who stood not too far from him.

"Annyeonghaseyo, Mrs. Shin," Minho bowed 90degree to that woman.

"Minho-ya. Don't be that formal. I'm your mother too, remember?" That woman laughed and approached him.

"Ah, yes, eomonim." Minho laughed too.

I wonder why that woman seemed so close with him. I don't think I've ever seen her before.

"Who is she?" I whispered to Minho.

"Hae Rin-ah, maybe what I'm going to say to you seemed so unreal. But she's the one who I trusted to control everything and help me to finish many businesses, events, and others while she was in California and I'm in Korea. She was like my extended hands. I call her everyday to know what my dad's doing. She helps me a lot. And she just arrived from California, after 8 years lived in there. She's your mother."

"What?" I can't believe this. I covered my mouth with my right hand. I want to cry. I could cry anytime soon.

"Hae Rin-ah..." Then that woman hugged me. She cried first. "I'm sorry I had to leave you 8 years ago. Maybe you've already forgot about me, right? I'm sorry, really I'm sorry."

"I thought you were died. Not only me, but Hae Ri too. Because time flew so fast. I couldn't remember anything. And suddenly you appeared in front of me, and he told me that you're my mom. I'm confused. Is it real or... Is it only in my dream?"

"No, this is real. She's your mom." Minho smiled to me and looked at me deeply with his eye smile. "Now you've met your mom again. It's my turn to meet my dad. And he needs me." He said to me.

"But I won't separate both of you. So Hae Rin-ah, please life your live well while I'm not in Korea. Don't worry, I'll comeback in 3 months. Call me when you miss me. I'll answer your call right away. Don't forget to reply my text messages, and let's have a video call whenever you're bored." He grabbed my hand but looked at the woman in front of me. "Eomonim, I know you're Hae Rin's mom but still, I have to make sure that you're going to treat her well. You have to scold her if she forget to eat. Thank you, eomonim."

"Of course, Minho-ya. I'm the one who gave her birth. So I know what to do," that woman said and smiled. "Just can go now. Your dad needs you so bad."

"Alright, goodbye eomonim! Please take care of Hae Rin." Minho bowed again to her and looked at me. "Don't worry, we'll meet soon. Both of us will be okay." He gave me the most comforting smile I could ever seen and he kissed my forehead.

He kissed me........

I mean my forehead.

And he closed his eyes, so did I.

He kissed me in front of my mom. Don't you think it's embarrassing?!

Hey, wait. Did I just admit that she's my mom?

But her smile told me so.


***

I ran without knowing where to go in airport. I didn't know if Hae Rin already went into the plane or not. And slowly, I felt this is useless.

"Hey, have you found her?" Key ran to me, panted. It was because I got off from his car first, as he parked the car at the parking lot.

"No...," I hesitantly said. "Do you think we'll able to meet her?"

"Meet who?" Suddenly I heard a really familiar voice from behind.

"HAE RIN!!!" I ran to her, and hugged her immediately. I could tell that she's smiling right now.

"We haven't even said a goodbye! Why didn't you tell me earlier that you're going to California?"

"No, I'm not going to California." She smiled and it made me confused.

"What? What's going on?"

"Minho left me alone in Korea. But he said he'll comeback in 3 months, though."

"A-Ah... Really? Why all of sudden?"

"Because of this person...," she said as she looked at the woman beside her. "Is our mom."

"WHAT?!"

"Yeah. So he told me to stay with her because we just met today. He didn't want both of us separate again."

"Wait. So she's your mom? I mean..., Are you Mrs. Shin?" Key enjoyed the conversation this time. I know he must be confused too.

But that woman nodded her head as she smiled.

"Key, please drive us to Daegu. I'll tell you the story at Minho's house. Come on," Then Hae Rin dragged us to Key's car.

I can't wait to listen to her story with the explanation.