One Day Enough (Part 1)

Shining Light

Key POV

Did I read it right? Date? She wanted to have a date with me? Is this the answer of waiting for years? I read it many times already, as if I don't believe what I've read before. But as many as I read it, the words didn't change. She really wanted to have a date with me. Can I consider myself as a lucky boy then? God is really kind for give me such a big chance to have a date with her. After years of waiting, maybe tomorrow is the day...

But I feel really bad for Hae Rin's sister because of her and her boyfriend relationship. Maybe I should be thankful too, because of her now I have a chance to prepare what I'm gonna wear for tomorrow. She should search for a better person than him. A person who won't cheat on her because she's too precious. Maybe a person like me? Lol, no. Just kidding. I won't cheat on her sister, anyway. I'm a faithful and innocent boy, you know.

But..., I'm not Hae Rin's boyfriend, not yet I mean. Why I said it like I'm her boyfriend? Cheat? Don't you think it's a thing that I could do if I have a girlfriend? Note it, if I have a girlfriend. And no, I don't have a girlfriend yet. But if Hae Rin's gonna say yes tomorrow, then I'm not a single anymore.

I sigh as I throw myself into my bed. There are so many things that happened today. Signed few of contracts with another company, met few people inside the office, and few hours sat in front of the computer to make many projects. It looks like I'm a businessman but honestly, I just an ordinary 18 years old boy who just graduated from his high school and maybe I will enter the collage but I don't know when. So I'm on my free days. Oh, maybe not days but months. I won't enter the collage when my dad tells me to handle this company even further. Also one of the things that happened today is..., about the date with my longtime crush.

Tomorrow will be another journey for me. But sometimes, I hope that there will be one day to have a nice rest and realizing what I've done to come this far. I think they know myself better than me. And I even forget my true personality. Where's Kim Ki Bum that I knew?

***

The sun shines brightly as the sign that it's morning already. It's 7 A.M and today will be a very special day because one of the "sleep lovers" has already woke up. He even has already ate his breakfast and took a bath. The masculine perfume that he wore about 1 hour ago still smelled in all around the apartment. Because this luxurious and comfortable apartment is his, so he doesn't have to worry about the smell. He uses that perfume everyday, and he has many stocks of them.

Also, he knows that Hae Rin really like this perfume. As long as it's Hae Rin's favorite thing, so it's his favorite thing too. Because it's love, so he just want to make sure that everything he has is Hae Rin's favorite thing. He doesn't even know why he love her this much, but he also believes that she loves him too. It's obvious, though.

Black shirt, blue jeans, a grey hat, and a white sneakers. He's a very handsome and cool guy. He really has a high standard in fashion because he spent hours in front of the mirror to match this and that just for this date.

No, it's not "just", it's a gold chance.

He takes his key car and slowly runs into his car. He starts the engine and drives to Hae Rin's house.

"It's your luck, Key. Don't mess it," He said to himself as he smiled to calm down the nerves.

***

There's a girl with a white dress, waiting for someone outside her house. She waits patiently as she looks at her swatch and sighs. She's wearing a sunglasses, and it's match with her purple bag and 5 centimeters high heels. She checks her phone and realizes that there's no message or even just a missed call. Should I text him first? Or is it better to wait here?  She thought as she checked her phone once again, but suddenly a car stopped right in front of her.

She shows her bright smile, as she didn't even tired, waiting for him for about 20 minutes in front of her house. Then she opens the door, and sit there comfortably. After the car left her house about 2 kilometers away, she opens , while her head is searching any topic to talk about.

"You told me she broke up with her boyfriend. Why?" Before she could let a word out of , he asked her first. Maybe he was searching for any kind of topic, too. And the perfect topic to bring is about her family, since she talked about Hae Ri last night. Key, the guy right beside her, won't tell her even just a single thing about his family. He told her about his job, his friends, his academy, but his family is the only exception. Such a sensitive point for him.

"I..., I don't really know. When you called me last night, she went home with tears on her eyes. She hugged me without even said a single word. But I guess, they broke up. Before you called me, I called her first. I just wanted to make sure that she's okay, since I know their relationship wasn't really in a good condition. And I said to her, that her boyfriend might cheated on her. And it's true. About 35 minutes after the call, she came home. That what was happened last night."

There's a silent between them when she finished talking. She looks deeply at the window, and start to thinking something that Key wouldn't ever know.

***

Hae Rin P.O.V

I don't really like to pay attention at the street view. But this time, I found that even if it's just a street, it looks beautiful. Yeah, at least for me it's more comfortable to look at the street than look at the guy beside me. He is just a guy, but he can make me hide thousands feelings inside my heart. Before I met him, I swear I didn't know what love is. I didn't focus on things like that, but he changed my mind. I love him, and I realize it since a long time a go till I'm sure he must be know it too.

"I want to spend my day with you." He turns his head and looks at me, surprised. Don't ask me because I don't even know where I could get those words and said it to him. Where did I get the courage?

"Y-Yeah.. Me too... Ehem. Where do you want to go to? Namsan tower, Dongdaemun, or-"

"Yuksam Building!" I almost shouted, make him shut his mouth. Then I left a soft chuckled.

"Why 63 Building? I thought you wanna go to an amusement park like Lotte World. Or maybe... Should we have a short trip to Jeju Island? I'm ready to take a few holidays, I'm sure the company will agree since I've worked so hard."

"No, they need you. Also, that building has so much memory of mine. I want you to feel the same as I am. I want to make you feel that building has so much memory.......of us."

Key keeps on silent and doesn't even bother to look at me. Maybe he's too shy? I don't even know why I'm being so cheesy today. But I really hope, that he won't ever forget this day.

***

Key P.O.V

I follow what she wants, and keep driving until we reach that tall building about 35 minutes later. I park the car and get out of it, then take Hae Rin to the nearest restaurant. It's 1pm and I'm sure she hasn't eaten yet. And yeah, we walk there hand in hand. But I keep silent.

"I've always wanted to do this with you, you know." Suddenly she broke up the silent. "You want to do....what?" I asked, confused.

"Walk with you, go shopping with you, eat something delicious with you, talk with you, and do everything I wanna do with you. I want to spend my whole life with you." I raised my eyebrows. "But why you never accepted me? Do you hate me? I've tried my best to confess my feelings to you, but you rejected all of my efforts. What do you actually want from me?" She sighed as I stop talking. She shook her head and said, "It's not like I hate you, Key. If I really hate you, why would I care about your business? About your health? Your friends or even yourself? Why I asked you to go out with me?"

I shrugged. I don't really know why, maybe she just considered me as her friend, or good friend, or even her maid. I do what she wants, I listen to every single story about her and her sister, and I help her as best as I can.

"I do really like you, I do. I can't deny it. I like you since we're in Junior High School until now, it has been 5 years and I know you like me too. But I have my own reason, Key... I can't... I can't tell you....yet." She looked hesitant when she said the last word. "By the way, try this on. I think it would be perfect when you wear it." She changed the topic as she gave me a white sweater that she took from the closet inside this clothe store.

The store is a little bit unique. It's really comfy, though. Like a home. I don't know that there's a store like this inside 63 Building. This store looks nice, too. It has a nice design interior. And this is my style. Oh, I think I should become a designer from now. Just like him, my old friend.

"You always have that power, Hae Rin-ah. Change the topic whenever you want. Good habit, uh? Okay, wait here. Don't go anywhere and sit down nicely, Hae Rin-ah." I said as I point out a chair next to the fitting room. "Oh, wait. How much is this?" I asked her and she just gave me a smile. Suddenly I gave her my serious face. "Ya, don't search for the expensive one! You know I'm gonna treat you all day long, but you have to know that I don't really bring much money, too!"

"Calm down, Key. Just try it first. And to be honest, why do you have to worry? You have more than one credit card, after all." She sat on that chair, and fold both of her hands in front of her chest, like a queen.

"Ya, this girl!" I murmured to myself as I walk to the fitting room. I think she has many personalities. A nice and good girl, a cheerful girl, a "Queen" girl, a dramatic girl, a childish girl, an independent girl, a lovely girl. And that's why I love her so much, or maybe too much.