We'll Work Together

Shining Light

"You came?" I asked when I saw a person sat quietly inside my house.

"Yeah. I felt lonely in my own house, so I went to yours. But I felt lonely too since you come back home this late." He said.

"Sorry, Jonghyun-ah. I've been roaming around since this morning. I went to a coffee shop and waited for hours just to know some informations about Hae Rin. I'm sorry."

"Did you go alone? I don't think you're a person that willing to waste your time alone or to wait for something."

"Well, actually I didn't go there alone... I went with her sister, Shin Hae Ri." I said.

He looked at me for a long time, without even saying a word. He just looked at me deeply, without moving.

"What? Why?" I asked. I'm so annoyed with his gaze.

"You didn't answer my question last night. But I want to add another question; what made you stay? What made you willing to wait for a long time? Because you want to know more information about your crush, Shin Hae Rin..., or because you want to have more time with your crush's twin, Shin Hae Ri?"

He made me speechless.

"Why...? Why do you tell me that?"

"Because people said, sometimes it doesn't matter what you did or for whom you did that. But the most important things is with whom you did the things that you don't like. With whom..."

***

When I woke up, I saw Jonghyun sat on a chair near my bed. "You slept here?" I asked.

"Yeah. I was too lazy to go out last night. Well, I didn't think you could wake up at this hour."

"What? What time is it?"

"10.15 AM. And there was a girl cmae to your house at 7 AM this morning. I said you were sleeping, then she gone." Jonghyun told me as he gave me a glass of a water.

"Who is that girl? Wait. Don't tell me that-"

"I think she's Shin Hae Ri."

"OH MY GOD KIM JONGHYUN WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?!"

"Why?! I saw you fast asleep. I didn't dare to wake you up!"

I sighed. I know it's because there was a tragedy that happened long time ago when we were child. I look like a monster when someone wake me up. Still, it's better for him to not wake me up. For his safety.

"Ah, it's not important now. I have to go with her." I changed my shirt, combed my hair, and put a jacket. When I was about to open the door, someone grabbed my hand. Of course it's Jonghyun. Who else?

"You haven't eaten yet. I made some toast bread for your breakfast."

"I can't eat now but I'll bring it so I can eat later."

"Who is that girl? Why it seems like you're alive when you see her, when you heard her name, when you meet her? When you called me and told me that Hae Rin was missing, I found you lifeless, expressionless, you were just like a dead human. Then suddenly I found you excited, worried, and cheerful again whenever there's "Shin Hae Ri." So tell me, do you love her?"

"No, of course not. You're misunderstand. I just promised her that I will never leave her until I found Hae Rin. That's why I have to go with her now. To find Hae Rin."

"Okay, fine. I will let you go. But you have to know something..........that I've read that letter."

"What?!" I shocked.

"Your letter from Hae Rin. And I saw that teared photo."

"Kim Jonghyun, you-"

"I've asked some of my friends about that guy. Do you need my help?"

"Kim Jonghyun, you have to know that I hate you, really really hate you. But I love you at the same time. Thank you." I said as I gave him a smile, then go.

***

7 AM

I went to Key's house, but there was a strange guy in his house told me that Key was sleeping. I thought he was still tired because of me yesterday. So I decided to go to the same coffee shop in this morning to meet someone.

No, I don't want to meet Lee Min Ah. I want to meet her friend, Lee Min Young. Or... Maybe they're siblings? Their names sound so similar.

"Ah, excuse me..." I saw a girl was opening the coffee shop and I stopped her.

"Sorry, but we haven't opened yet. Do you mind to wait?" She asked politely.

"No, no. I'm here not for order. I'm here to meet Lee Min Young-ssi." I said.

"Me? Do you want to meet me?" She asked confusedly.

"Are you Lee Min Young-ssi?" I asked, confused too.

"Yes I am. But why do you search me? Why do you want to meet me?" She asked.

"Do you have time right now? Actually I'm willing to wait until you finished your shift today. What do you think?"

"I do have time right now. Usually the shop goes crowded when it's lunch. So around this time until 9 AM, it's usually still quiet." She said. "Do you want to come in?" She opened the door wider.

"Yeah, of course." I said and smiled.

So I sat at the corner, watching her prepare the kitchen and cleaning the shop. Fortunately, it didn't take much time.

"I thought a coffee shop usually crowded since the morning. Like around 7 AM, until late night. Because I used to eat breakfast at the coffee shop when I was in elementary school. So I thought a coffee shop usually crowded since the breakfast time. But well..., I think I'm wrong."

"No, you're not wrong. I think a coffee shop usually crowded at this time too. But I think the fact that we open at 8 AM everyday makes people don't want to eat breakfast in here. I think 8 AM is too late for some people, but too early too for some people. And usually this coffee shop will be crowded after the school ended. "

"Ah... I see. I think this shop more suitable to the teenagers. So that's why it will be more crowded when the school ended. Because it's near school. Well, you should open at 6 AM if you want to get more customers. I heard schools nowadays start from 7 AM."

"Ah. You're right, you're right." She laughed softly.

"By the way... I want to ask about Shin Hae Rin." I said to her.

"Do you know her? Actually I remember your face, you were our customer yesterday, right? You came in the morning with a guy, and I was the one who served you yesterday. And actually, at the moment when I saw your face for the first time yesterday, I thought you really look alike Hae Rin. She's one of the waitress in here. But she quit a several days ago. You really look alike her. If you're not our customer yesterday, maybe I would think that you're really Shin Hae Rin. But then I realized, you didn't recognize me. It's impossible for me to meet Hae Rin without any fight. And beside that, you seem like a nice girl. I'm sure you're not Hae Rin."

"To be honest, I'm her sister. Her twin actually."

"WHAT?! WHAT DID YOU SAY?! I thought you were just a strange girl that really look alike her! I've never thought.... Oh My God. You are really look alike, but have a totally different personalities. How come she has never told anyone that she has a sister before?!"

"I heard that from Lee Min Ah-ssi too. I heard that she has never talked about me before. But well, it's the truth. She has a twin and I'm here." I gave her smile.

"So, you wanted to know about your sister from me? Me? Why me?"

"Because Lee Min Ah-ssi said that you often fight with her. You said that too."

"What? Me? No! I- don't misunderstand, miss. I'm not that cruel as you think. This is just-"

"Wait...I'm not here to blame you. I'm here to know more about my sister. Ah, and you can call me Shin Hae Ri."

"Well...," she sighed. "I won't talk again unless you ask for it. It seems that everything I said is just so wrong."

"No..., but alright. Let me ask you the first question. Please feel comfortable with me and feel free to tell me the truth."

"Oh, well. You make me feel like I'm in a police station."

"What made you fight with her? Was that something important or something that annoyed you or what?" I asked carefully.

"It's actually not a fight that you think about. Do you know that she worked at some clubs?"

"What?! What clubs?" I shocked. I've never heard this before.

"I guess you don't know. I mean she worked at some clubs, some bars. I don't really know but I think at least there were 2 clubs." She took a deep breath. "Actually it's not my problem, because she's not my sister nor even my close friend. If I'm another person, I wouldn't care when she's late to come to this coffee shop, I wouldn't care when I saw her at the street with a y mini black dress, I wouldn't care when she called me b*tch, I wouldn't care when I heard her phone call with many guys at our night shift. I wouldn't care, if I'm another person.

But then this is me. Maybe I'm not a best friend to her. I can't be nice to her, I can't protect her, I can't go hang out with her because I'm not her best friend. But I'm a honest person, and there's something inside of me, told me that I should stop her. I'm a true friend. I nagged at her because she's late. I nagged at her and even slapped her when I saw her wore that dress. I nagged at her when she let other guys touched her. I'm sorry, maybe I'm not her best friend, but I've done things that I could do for her as her true friend."

I don't know why, at that moment, I can't response to her story. I can't give any comment. I can't even believe this. It's hard for me to breath.

"W-Why...? Why are you crying? Hey, listen.. I know you're a nice girl. But I don't think I'm wrong and I won't say sorry to your sister. Do you think I'm wrong? Well it's up to you honestly. But I have my own reason, right? It's just...-"

"So that's why she called her self a e? Dirty? So that's why?" I murmured to myself.

"Wait. What did you say? Dirty? e? Who? Her?!"

Then I told her everything. I don't know why but I think I can trust her slowly.

"When it was our birthday, she left me with 2 letters. One for me, and one for that guy that I brought yesterday. In my letter, she told me to take care of myself, and to take care of him too. I mean she wanted me to be his girlfriend. I can't. I don't love him, and he doesn't love me too. So that's why both of us decided to just work together to find her. And in his letter, she wrote something about e, she called herself dirty, a . So after I read all of her letter to him, I understood why she didn't want to be his girlfriend even though she loved him and he loved her too."

She opened widely when she heard what I said. It seems that she a little bit shocked too.

"Ah, do you know what clubs are they?"

"A-Ah.. There was a club near here. You can just walk from here. Around 15 minutes, maybe 1-3 kilometers? Sorry, I forgot the club's name."

"Thank you and no problem. What about the other club?"

"It's around Daegu. I met her when I visited my hometown. It's quite popular, The XX club."

"Ah, is that so? For the last question..., have you ever seen she walked or meet a strange guy? Or have you ever heard she said a guy's name like Lee...something?"

"Ah, his surname is Lee?"

"Yeah."

"I don't really know. She has never talked about guy to me. I don't think she has ever met a guy in here beside customers."

"Ah, I understand. Thank you for your informations, Lee Min Young-ssi. You helped me a lot."

"Ah, yes. No problem," She said softly. "Ah, Hae Rin's sister!" She suddenly called me when I was about to open the door.

"I mean, Shin Hae Ri...," she said. "This is my number. Please call me if something happens about her. If there's a new information about her, please tell me. If you've found her, please let me know too. I will try my best to find her too." She continued as she gave me a small paper that written her number phone.

"Hae Ri-ssi, let's work together for this time." She said and that made me smile.