One Day Enough (Part 2)

Shining Light

Key POV

"Let me help you," I offered my hand to help her bring all of her shopping bags. "No, I can bring these. You help yourself. Just bring your own things." She shook her head and continued to walk. I look at my hands, I only bring a few shopping bags meanwhile she brings more than 7 shopping bags. "No, I don't need your help, really. I bought these all, so I have to take the responsibility to bring them all. You too, Key." She said again after I gave her my 'unsure' look.

"You're very independent. Or too independent." I said.

"Yeah, I guess so. That what makes me now, myself. If I'm not independent, that means I'm not who I am. Because it is one of my personality." She talked as she got in to the elevator.


"Actually I got this personality from my mom. So Hae Ri got it too. She's also independent, but not like me. Talking about her, I think I should introduce her to some of my friends. Oh, by the way, do you have any friend who's interest to date with a girl? I mean, he must be a single, okay. I don't want my sister gets a nightmare when she knows she dates a boy who has 2 kids and his wife is going somewhere abroad. Okay, number one rule, he must be a single."

I chuckled then smiled as I heard the first rule she said. "Okay, what's number two?" I asked.

"Number two, he has to be handsome. Not too dark, not too thin, not too fat, just average.

Number three, at least he can play an instrument. Maybe... Like piano for the basic.

Number four, at least 16 years old." She said as she's thinking what's the next rule.

"16 years old? Don't you think it's too young?"

"No. When did you have your first date?" She asked me in curiosity. "I've never dated anyone before," I told her honestly.

"Oh, really? Same here," I burst into laughter. She looked me like I'm a weird person, but I think she's too cute!

"So for number five, he has to be smart. Six, he height has to be over than 173 cm. 173 cm is the least." I looked at her in disbelief. "What? Do you think you're searching for a flight attendant?! You're too strict!"

"Ya! I'm searching a boyfriend for my sister! He will be my brother-in-law soon!" She defended. "But you're not searching for yours, anyway. What if she doesn't like a 16 years old boy?!" I almost shouted.

"No, Hae Ri and I have 'almost' the same personality, even the ideal type. I bet you can't really see the difference between her and I." She said. "Oh, look! Here we go, the top of the building. Come on, Key, let's go!" She excitedly took my hand and brought me to the nearest telescope. We can see Han River through the telescope. A very beautiful view.

"This is the most beautiful place I've ever gone. I went here with my mom once, before she left us. On that day, I had my first date with my mom while Hae Ri had her first date with our dad. She went to Dongdaemun, so I think it's her favorite place. Too bad, her ex-boyfriend didn't know it at all. He brought Hae Ri to a fancy restaurant, but at the end he didn't come. Ugh, such a coward. Oh, so for number....." She looked at me, as she wanted me to answer what's the last number she said.

"Seven." I said.

"Oh, yes. So for number seven, I don't want a careless  man. I don't like a man who doesn't pay attention to his girlfriend. He has to know my sister from her real name to her favorite color. And number eight, he never dated anyone before."

I widened my eyes, and looked at her as I shook my head. "Why? I just want him to be a perfect man to Hae Ri! If you can't find any man, then I'll find him instead."

"No, it's not like that," I said and sighed. "You may continue if you want."

"Number nine, he knows how to be cheesy, gentle, manly, and others. Simple, right?" She smiled at me and I just nodded my head. "Well, yeah."

"And the last one, number ten, I want a cute man. Cute boy, I mean." She chuckled to herself like a weird girl. Or maybe, she's imagining her ideal boy in her head.

"Oh, do you want to go somewhere? I want to buy a candy!" When I shook my head, she smiled and took my hand. "Let's go, then! The shop isn't in this building, but it's quite near. We don't have to ride the car! I'll show you the direction!" I nodded my head and didn't say anything. I thought maybe she enjoyed the silence we made.

"Hmm, by the way, why you always talk about your sister and meddling her life? I mean, don't you think you're too busy with your sister's life? It's not like you don't have your personal problems, right? You talk about your sister a lot, but what about us?"

She suddenly changed her expression. She gave me a serious gaze. Oh God I think I brought the wrong topic.

"I care about my sister because she's the only person I have after our parents left. She's my friend, my sister, and also my twins. I'm just 2 minutes older than her, so I can talk comfortably and freely with her. It's not like I can't talk comfortably with you, though. But you have your own activity, and both of us live separately. Just....., it doesn't feel right if I see her sad like yesterday. But it's not like I'm comparing you to her, okay. You and her have a different position in my heart and can't be compared."

I nodded my head as I said, I'm understand. However, she's her sister and her twin and I should understand. I'm such a stupid guy for brought up this topic.

***

After bought the candy, lollipop, for Hae Rin, both of them went to a theater and watched a movie there. They ate their dinner and spent almost one day together. Then they walked hand in hand to Han River.

It's a little bit cold, since it's late night. But they didn't feel it, they just enjoyed the scenery since they rarely had a chance to date like this.

"What do you think right now?" Hae Rin looked at Key who suddenly broke up the silence. "Did you enjoy it? Our date?"

Key startled a bit as he looked hesitated to give an answer. He couldn't even believe that this is their date. Their first date.

"Yeah...," It looked like he was murmuring to himself.

"I personally think this is the best day of my life. I'm happy now, seeing you smile." Hae Rin said as she showed her bright smile. "After this, you have to go home. Rest well, and don't forget to take a bath. Sleep well, eat well, don't force yourself too much on doing something. You have your limits too, I know. Don't go often to the club, and don't ever try to play with girls' heart. Don't afraid to fall, it's okay to lose something. You can't really keep something by your side forever, by the way. Sometimes you have to give yourself a compliment too. Don't make your life harder when it's hard already."

There's a tears on Hae Rin's eyes as she said words by words to Key. She stood up, and hugged Key tightly while Key didn't know anything. He didn't know what's going on. However, it feels like this is a farewell.

"What's up? Why are you crying?" Key patted her back, but tears just kept flowing from her eyes. "I will never stop loving you, Key. Forget everything about me from now. You have to live your life peacefully."

Key raised his eyebrows, and he kept patting Hae Rin's back. "Is it a farewell? Will you go somewhere for a long time?" He asked, almost whispered in her ears.

She just shook her head, and there's a smile on her face as she said, "I'm always here, always inside your heart. Kibum-ah, I love you... Take care..."

Then she kissed him.

And hours later, Key just know that it was their first and last kiss. It was her last hug, last smile, a hurt and sad smile.