A Beautiful Night

Shining Light

"What? He didn't even say about being a trainee or not!"

"He said he'll tell us further later, Key." Minho said to Key.

"But-"

Then Key heard Minho's phone rang.

"Yeah? Oh, I see. I'll come." Then Minho hung up.

"Who?" Key asked.

"My mom. She told me to have a dinner with her at night." Minho said. Key nodded his head.

"But Key, I want to ask you a favor..."

"What?"

"I'll drive you to Hae Ri's house, and please take her to anywhere she wants. And have a dinner with her."

"Wait. You told me to have a date with her, didn't you?"

"I didn't say that. I just wanted you to replace me. And make her happy. I told her that today we'll go out, but it seemed I can't do that. My mom called me earlier, you heard it."

"And I just realized her house is near SM Entertainment Building.." Minho stopped his car in front of a house.

"Come on, be a gentleman. Get out from my car and knock that door. Oh, and please tell me that I'm really sorry, Key."

Key stayed quiet.

"Come on, Key. I have to go home right now."

Then Key really got out from his car and he looked at him. He just smiled at Key.

"Are you sure you're not planning for this?" Key looked at him strangely.

"Ask my mom. She called me. And I have to go. Have a nice date, Key!" Then he ran away with his car.

What Key didn't know is...,

After that, Minho got a text message, from his mom.

Are you really going home? Are you sure you won't regret it? Oh, did I act well? Kkk


***

I knocked the door, and waited outside.

After a while, someone opened the door.

"Oh, Key?" She looked shocked.

"Ah.. Hey. Minho said he can't make it today. So he asked me to go out with you. Are you okay?"

Hae Ri nodded her head. But somehow I felt she was disappointed.

"Don't you have to work or have something to do? I'm totally fine if we're not going out today. I heard you were busy."

"Busy? No, not at all. But I just thought you were disappointed because I came here instead Minho."

"No," she said. "I told you I'm okay."

"Ah...," When I looked at her, I saw she already wore a t-shirt and jeans to go out. "Where do you want to go?" I asked.

"Anywhere. Where do you want to go?"

Then suddenly I remember what Hae Rin said to me.

On that day, I had my first date with my mom while Hae Ri had her first date with our dad. She went to Dongdaemun, so I think it's her favorite place.

"I'll take you to Dongdaemun." I smiled as soon as I saw her smile.

***

We took a taxi together to Dongdaemun. We ate lunch first, then he said we'll walk around the street.

He took me to a restaurant around Dongdaemun street. It's so comfortable because the waiters look so friendly, and it's not a fancy restaurant at all. I like it. Restaurants near Dongdaemun like this suit me the best.

"The foods here are not expensive, but the taste is no joke." He said as he ate another piece of pizza.

"True. I went to Dongdaemun long time ago with my dad. It was a beautiful memory."

"Really? When?" He asked. I saw he finished his dishes, same with me. I'm finished too.

"It happen a long time ago." I said to him as we walked to the cashier. "Before the crisis economy."

"Ah, I see. For this time, let me pay for you."

I smiled. Everything looked more delicious since they were free. I mean, I'm not the one who paid.

"Hae Ri, do you want an ice cream?" Key asked me when I saw an ice cream shop near that restaurant.

"I... I would like to eat some...."

Then I don't know why, but he laughed.

"You look so cute!"

"Oh come on, don't laugh at me! If you don't want to buy it for me, then I'll buy it for myself." I said as I took out my wallet.

"No," she stopped me. "I don't like it when a girl paid on a date."

"What?! Date?!"

I looked he a little bit awkward. "What's what? Ah, what flavor do you want?"

"Chocolate!"

"A chocolate and a vanilla, please." He ordered to the ahjussi.

He paid, and he gave the chocolate ice cream to me.

"Hey, did you hear anything about Hae Rin?" He asked me.

"Heard what?"

"Did she ever text you or call you?"

"Well she called me yesterday." I said.

"What did she said?"

"She said..., ah. She told me that she'll enter a college soon. That Lee Minho guy paid her college fee, and she doesn't even need to take the 3rd year of High School."

"Then, what did she say?"

"Hmm... Nothing much. When I asked her where she'll continue her college, she ended the call. Why?"

"Ah? Nothing."

"Did she tell you something on that day?"

Silent.

"What did she say?" I asked again.

"Well...., she told me that Lee Minho has a sister. But her sister erased her name from the family."

"Ah, really?! I just knew it from you."

"That's why I asked you if she told you something or not."

"Ah, I see." I said. "Hey, what about that SM Entertainment?"

 

***

Key's POV


"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot to tell you. I met the CEO earlier. He's really friendly. And he welcomed us happily. He said I, Minho, Jonghyun, Jinki, and Taemin could formed a boy band. Maybe with 5 members. But he said he'll call us later, and he hope all of us will come together. Not only I and Minho." I said.

"Really? It's good to hear that!" She smiled to me .

Yeah, it's good for me to look your sweet smile to.

 


A/N: I know it's really strange bc I made Key's POV too short at the end. So sorry~